At This Point Matt Ryan Has Zero Confidence In The O-Line. Zero.

Bring It

Actually, you could put a bit of the blame on Ryan himself and certainly Tom Condon. Matt could have certainly accepted 15% less under the condition that it be spent directly on free agent O-lineman.

But you're correct. He has ZERO faith and you can see it in the way he plays. Even his unhurried throws are hurried.

Lack of OLine protection has ruined more potentially great QBs than ANY other factor. It's like battle fatigue or PTSD. Once a guy gets hit hard soooooo many times, the reptilian "survival" part of his brain simply will not allow him to place himself as much at risk. It happens with ALL of them. Happened to Archie Manning. Happened to Bartkowski.

We were freaking idiots to spend 120 Million on a QB and have a 3rd round "project" as an insurance policy. That's like buying a Mercedez and getting your 16 year old cousin in technical school to do the service work.

If we don't rectify this situation soon...and I mean SOON...it will ruin our franchise QB.

All else on offense is immaterial. Means squat. You can see it in everything Ryan does. He knows he's out there, on an island, playing with a bunch of spare parts with no talent. End of story...................end of season. Bye bye.

he has handled the ongoing OL situation for 5 seasons as they get worse, but i think his ability to compensate has been exceeded. Not his fault. No one could do it any better than he has. I do agree that he is struggling at this point with it.... i am sure he must watch the performance of some other OLs and is jealous.

Well even in the game last night, it was blatant how pathetic our line was, compared to New Englands. Ryan must've been sitting on the sidelines pissed, just looking at all the protection Brady had. Brady was holding the ball for 5-6 seconds at some points, sitting in the pocket.

Now granted, that's half on our lack of any semblance of a pass rush, and half on having actual quality guys in the trenches.

But this was what I was expecting, when the offseason ended and TD did ZERO to address either line.

I've said it, and heard it, a million and one times.. THE GAMES ARE WON IN THE TRENCHES.

Why did TD not ever get that message???

His lack of knowledge has crippled our team this year. The offense only has a shot, when Matty runs the no-huddle and we do the quick plays where he doesn't have to do more than a 3 step drop. Any more than that, and he's scrambling.

Our quality of offensive line and defensive pass rush is a clear indication of what our end result on the season will be.. and I'm pretty sure that's going to be a 8-8 or worse record.

Dimitroff is to blame.

partly yes. If the coaches are telling him our current guys are sufficient tho' then they shoulder most blame. And they should know if true or not. If not they should be saying so.

I dont believe Smitty is the best choice at this point. He chooses his Coaches. He dictates to them how we play call, etc. He is the HC: it's his team. I dont like what they've become personally.

Well even in the game last night, it was blatant how pathetic our line was, compared to New Englands. Ryan must've been sitting on the sidelines pissed, just looking at all the protection Brady had. Brady was holding the ball for 5-6 seconds at some points, sitting in the pocket.

Now granted, that's half on our lack of any semblance of a pass rush, and half on having actual quality guys in the trenches.

But this was what I was expecting, when the offseason ended and TD did ZERO to address either line.

I've said it, and heard it, a million and one times.. THE GAMES ARE WON IN THE TRENCHES.

Why did TD not ever get that message???

His lack of knowledge has crippled our team this year. The offense only has a shot, when Matty runs the no-huddle and we do the quick plays where he doesn't have to do more than a 3 step drop. Any more than that, and he's scrambling.

Our quality of offensive line and defensive pass rush is a clear indication of what our end result on the season will be.. and I'm pretty sure that's going to be a 8-8 or worse record.

It's sad that someone who's been around football at the highest levels most of his life, still doesn't get the fact that the battles are won in the trenches.

TD is trying to reinvent the wheel, by building from the outside and going with busted up parts on the inside. It's like these new GM's and coaches that are trying to reinvent the QB, with these read option QB's. In the end, it's the pocket passers that win it all.

partly yes. If the coaches are telling him our current guys are sufficient tho' then they shoulder most blame. And they should know if true or not. If not they should be saying so.

I dont believe Smitty is the best choice at this point. He chooses his Coaches. He dictates to them how we play call, etc. He is the HC: it's his team. I dont like what they've become personally.

Does an extremely poor job of developing talent.

Why blame Ryan for his big $ deal? Did Dimitroff and Smith have a specific plan to go and acquire a good O-Lineman if Ryan had agreed to take less?

If he made that a condition of TAKING less, absolutely they would.

Simple:

1) State your expected offer

2) Listen to Falcons counter offer

3) Say "guess what? We'll ACCEPT that under these conditions: A, B, C"

With the exception of Trueblood, every OL decision was made well before Ryan was given his contract.

That's the whole point. Everyone knew it was coming up so Dimi was handcuffed. If the contract was done in March by "short circuiting" the long negotiation process, we could have approached the draft and FA completely differently

It's sad that someone who's been around football at the highest levels most of his life, still doesn't get the fact that the battles are won in the trenches.

TD is trying to reinvent the wheel, by building from the outside and going with busted up parts on the inside. It's like these new GM's and coaches that are trying to reinvent the QB, with these read option QB's. In the end, it's the pocket passers that win it all.

The game will always change. The read option might at some point become a part of EVERY offense. It all just gets absorbed into the bigger picture.

But one thing does not change. THE GAME IS DECIDED IN THE TRENCHES. And Dimi should certainly know that. I'm not sure if he just forgot, or if he just doesn't know an OLineman from a fisherman. I think the latter cause he's spent some picks. He's just missed a lot more than he's hit. Not just on OL, on DL too.

The game will always change. The read option might at some point become a part of EVERY offense. It all just gets absorbed into the bigger picture.

But one thing does not change. THE GAME IS DECIDED IN THE TRENCHES. And Dimi should certainly know that. I'm not sure if he just forgot, or if he just doesn't know an OLineman from a fisherman. I think the latter cause he's spent some picks. He's just missed a lot more than he's hit. Not just on OL, on DL too.

What they truly lack are WARRIORS...............both sides, O & D lines. No warriors who really step up when it's crunch time. None.

Lack of OLine protection has ruined more potentially great QBs than ANY other factor. It's like battle fatigue or PTSD. Once a guy gets hit hard soooooo many times, the reptilian "survival" part of his brain simply will not allow him to place himself as much at risk. It happens with ALL of them. Happened to Archie Manning. Happened to Bartkowski.

You point is exact, and one I have tried to make. Ryan's mind has adjusted to the constant pressure, and is weary of sitting in the pocket too long with or without time to do so. Ryan's mind has adapted to the situation that it has become accustomed to.

tumblr_mhdvmijmFJ1rves7ho1_400.gif

Edited by AREA51

What they truly lack are WARRIORS...............both sides, O & D lines. No warriors who really step up when it's crunch time. None.

2 things that need to be gone.

1. Rise Up slogan. Players and coaches don't practice it or buy into it. Why should fans?

2. The dang Falcons Filter. We have nothing but Boy Scouts on the team. No warriors or true grit football players. All finesse is what we have.

Actually, you could put a bit of the blame on Ryan himself and certainly Tom Condon. Matt could have certainly accepted 15% less under the condition that it be spent directly on free agent O-lineman.

But you're correct. He has ZERO faith and you can see it in the way he plays. Even his unhurried throws are hurried.

We were freaking idiots to spend 120 Million on a QB and have a 3rd round "project" as an insurance policy. That's like buying a Mercedez and getting your 16 year old cousin in technical school to do the service work.

If we don't rectify this situation soon...and I mean SOON...it will ruin our franchise QB.

i agree..but i dont blame ryan for getting paid the money he earned ring or not.but you put this on the FO for not REALLY investing into the lines and yes they spent 3 and 4th round picks on the line but come on son....you can tell matt is starting to get a lil scared and i would be too if i was him when your dam center cant defend again a swim move and your RT is getting gassed in the second quarter and getting bullrushed and manhandled..