If You Were The Gm What Would You Have Done?

Jaymadd

I am trying to stay positive but we have some major holes on this team especially on the lines. I like the most of the moves that our GM has made but when I look at how talent deficient we are upfront on the offensive and defensive side of the ball I cant help but to wonder what I would have done differently. I saw a Mel Kiper's top rookies so far and Larry Warford was on the list. Based on how we have looked so far it would have been a great move to draft Warford to help this online and improve our offensive.

My Moves(based some on hindsight)

FA Moves

- I would have signed Jake Long instead of Sam Baker

- I would have resigned Brent Grimes he is locking folks down in MIA

- I would have let Tony G retire and picked up a FA TE like Martelus Bennett someone who can block better

- I would not have resigned Kroy Biermann and just let Mass take his spot

- Still would have signed Osi

- I would not have signed Steven Jackson and just drafted a RB and have a RB by committee because our online would be better.

- I dont mind us letting Clabo go because we cant predict injuries, but I would have bought in a VEt like Trueblood or someone as soon as Johnson was injuried.

- I would have signed Terrance Knighton to help our interior Dline.

These are just my randon thoughts because I am trying not to get too upset with how is season is shaking out so far because we still have time to right this ship even with the injuries.

Let me know what you would have done.

Wouldn't have gotten rid of Clabo, Holmes is a mess, wouldn't have drafted 2 CB s with the first2 picks, we have gone interior line with one of those picks, likely 2nd round, we really have no young developing stud along either line, think about that for the future

Yeah I would have drafted Warford with that 2nd round pick that we used for Alford because Larry Warford is balling out in Detriot. I dont mind getting rid of Clabo I just wish when Johnson got hurt we would not have waited to bring in a Vet for competition.

Lots of mock draft alternatives that look great now (Kelechi Osemele)

I tried to stay away from changing the draft too much because I didnt want to go and just pick out the players that have performed well and just add them because that would have been too cheesy. I just think we should have addressed true needs in FA like the Oline and Dline and realize that our O and D line are bad.

Not really hindsight on my part . I was never thrilled with this off season

Signed Sean Smtih

Never give Ryan the ext played it out after season

Kept Clabo , Abe

Signed Osi

Never brought back Tony G at his asking price

Would have drafted a rb instead of paying SJax

Off season should have looked like

1st round draft LT to replace Baker or RG slide Clabo to LT

2nd round draft DE

3rd round draft RB to play committee with Quizz and Snelling

You just dont like Ryan I still would have signed him to an extension. I also would have signed White to an extension that would have produced a more cap friendly contract for Roddy and kept him here as a Falcon for life. I would have wanted to sign a Vet LT like Jake Long instead of Baker. I really wanted us to draft Warford and think he would be better than Clabo now at RG and long term. I do agree about the RB by committee if we improve the Oline

1. Signed Dahl instead of Blaylock

2. Fired VanGorder after the loss to GB.

3. Drafted Richard Sherman instead of Dent.

4. Taken a DL instead of Holmes

5. Resigned Grimes when he had a year or 2 left on his contract.

6. Traded Turner before last year because it was clear he was done after the 11 season.

7. Traded for Steven Jackson LAST YEAR...

Not really hindsight on my part . I was never thrilled with this off season

Signed Sean Smtih

Never give Ryan the ext played it out after season

Kept Clabo , Abe

Signed Osi

Never brought back Tony G at his asking price

Would have drafted a rb instead of paying SJax

Off season should have looked like

1st round draft LT to replace Baker or RG slide Clabo to LT

2nd round draft DE

3rd round draft RB to play committee with Quizz and Snelling

I know you're pants on head ******** but this is taking it to a new level.

1. Signed Dahl instead of Blaylock

2. Fired VanGorder after the loss to GB.

3. Drafted Richard Sherman instead of Dent.

4. Taken a DL instead of Holmes

5. Resigned Grimes when he had a year or 2 left on his contract.

6. Traded Turner before last year because it was clear he was done after the 11 season.

7. Traded for Steven Jackson LAST YEAR...

LOL lets try and focus on the past offseason cause going back beyond last year can make things complicated but was not a fan of Harvy Dahl and I think he was/is overrated. The Rams run blocking is probably worse than ours.

Long over Baker (No brainer)

Richard Seymour (we need interior penetration)

Jared Gaither (I have never seen him play worse than what we have right now)

Michael Boley (better in coverage than Nicholas, him and Bartu on the outside would be an upgrade)

Kerry Rhodes (I know he's a SS but I'd rather have 2 SS with him and Moore than keep leaving DeCoud out there when he has given us nothing in run support or pass coverage)

Those moves, plus getting our guys back healthy would right this ship.

Oh man where do I start?

Never would have let Dahl, Weems, Lofton, Grimes or Svitek walk.

Wouldn't have released Abe or Clabo

Would have drafted a RB in one of the last couple drafts to take over for Turner

Would have never signed RayRay or RobbinUs.

Wouldn't have traded five picks for SackMaker Baker, Trufant and Quizz

Would have never traded five picks for one shiny hood ornament to go on a beat up Pinto

Would have instead used the five Julio picks and drafted some combination of five of these players:

1st (27th) - Muhammad Wilkerson, Jabaal Sheard, Cameron Jordan, Kyle Rudolph, Brooks Reed

2nd (59th) - Randall Cobb, Torrey Smith, Justin Houston, Greg Little, DeMarco Murray, Steven Ridley

4th (124th) - Richard Sherman, Denarius Moore, Pernell McPhee, Karl Klug

1st (22nd) - Doug Martin, Derek Wolfe, Janoris Jenkins, Kevin Zeitler, David Wilson

4th (120th) - Miles Burris, Brandon Boykin, Josh Norman

Oh man where do I start?

Never would have let Dahl, Weems, Lofton, Grimes or Svitek walk.

Wouldn't have released Abe or Clabo

Would have drafted a RB in one of the last couple drafts to take over for Turner

Would have never signed RayRay or RobbinUs.

Wouldn't have traded five picks for SackMaker Baker, Trufant and Quizz

Would have never traded five picks for one shiny hood ornament to go on a beat up Pinto

Would have instead used the five Julio picks and drafted some combination of five of these players:

1st (27th) - Muhammad Wilkerson, Jabaal Sheard, Cameron Jordan, Kyle Rudolph, Brooks Reed

2nd (59th) - Randall Cobb, Torrey Smith, Justin Houston, Greg Little, DeMarco Murray, Steven Ridley

4th (124th) - Richard Sherman, Denarius Moore, Pernell McPhee, Karl Klug

1st (22nd) - Doug Martin, Derek Wolfe, Janoris Jenkins, Kevin Zeitler, David Wilson

4th (120th) - Miles Burris, Brandon Boykin, Josh Norman

Here we go again........

"LETS IGNORE ALL SEMBLENCE OF SYSTEM FIT HERE ARE 4 GOOD PLAYERS AMONG THE 30 DRAFTED IN THE ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This is ******* stupid.

Right .. lol

who you Trust Clabo or anyone that we have been running out there this year

I actually dont mind Holmes at LT. The problem with our OLine is that as a whole our oline is made up young players or average to below average vets. I am not a fan of Blalock because he is very very average. I dont like REynolds who is a backup that is starting because we lack talent. I like the potential of HOlmes and Konz but they are young and will make mistakes but because our vets are so underwhelming the mistakes of the youngins are made even more obivious. I actually hate our VEts on the Oline.