Let Matt Play

rightsaidfred

Even though a lot of posters here want Matt Ryan's head on a platter,

And given that this team has numerous problems,

I submit that if Ryan had more leeway during the whole game it would be better.

MR is no P Manning, but he can operate in that same mode.

Smith, or whoever, micro manages this team to death.

Only when time is running out do they let Ryan have more freedom to run the offense.

MR does a good job (IMO) of assessing the defense and moving the ball in that situation

But then - once they reach the red zone, they handcuff him again.

Toilolo is the TE who can block but doesn't catch well

Coffman is the TE who can catch well but isn't a good blocker.

So - who do they trot in on the final drive?

Toilolo, who misses a TD catch that hit him in the hands.

The coaching is poor and is exposed each week.

But for now, IMO, if they let Ryan have more say in running the offense, I think you'd see the team move the ball a little better.

But. sadly - this is only one of many issues with the 2013 Falcons.

Even though a lot of posters here want Matt Ryan's head on a platter,

And given that this team has numerous problems,

I submit that if Ryan had more leeway during the whole game it would be better.

MR is no P Manning, but he can operate in that same mode.

Smith, or whoever, micro manages this team to death.

Only when time is running out do they let Ryan have more freedom to run the offense.

MR does a good job (IMO) of assessing the defense and moving the ball in that situation

But then - once they reach the red zone, they handcuff him again.

Toilolo is the TE who can block but doesn't catch well

Coffman is the TE who can catch well but isn't a good blocker.

So - who do they trot in on the final drive?

Toilolo, who misses a TD catch that hit him in the hands.

The coaching is poor and is exposed each week.

But for now, IMO, if they let Ryan have more say in running the offense, I think you'd see the team move the ball a little better.

But. sadly - this is only one of many issues with the 2013 Falcons.

Seconded.

Thats cause Jackson has been hurt the last 2 weeks and has not played at all. Stupid comparison.

no it's not a stupid comparison he's picked up yardage consistently these last two games. Almost 5 ypc without a super long run skewing his numbers. Jackson had one 55 yard run and nothing else his first two games, and it still doesn't change the fact that quizz was running well yesterday just like last week but we insisted on throwing every **** down

Ryan taking excessive hits, after release even if he is not sacked, and this taking a toll on him mentally and physically. His mind is rushing his decision process because it assumes he has little time.

The receievers are not getting seperation in the red zone forcing Ryan into using small target areas and bad throws.

Ryan seems better than Koetter at reading defenses.

The red zone problems are either ill conceived route designs or poor route execution that is not creating seperation for the Falcons recievers. Ryan simply has no one open enough to land passes safely and accurately.

So you are saying we are better with Quizz that Jackson? I totally disagree but will say that Jackson seems injury prone and Quizz does not. Quizz is effective in the short passing game as well.

smh no what i'm saying is that we did have a running game, we just abandoned it for no reason just like against Miami. No way Quizz shouldn't have gon over 100 yards, they couldn't stop him or Snelling. And Jackson is injury prone because of one injury? i'm done lol

Ryan taking excessive hits, after release even if he is not sacked, and this taking a toll on him mentally and physically. His mind is rushing his decision process because it assumes he has little time.

The receievers are not getting seperation in the red zone forcing Ryan into using small target areas and bad throws.

Ryan seems better than Koetter at reading defenses.

The red zone problems are either ill conceived route designs or poor route execution that is not creating seperation for the Falcons recievers. Ryan simply has no one open enough to land passes safely and accurately.

A good example of this was on third down and gonzo split wide left. He took a corner and a safety to the corner end zone clearing out the middle of the field. Roddy was in the slot with a line backer in single coverage. Instead of having Roddy run a slant to the left middle, he ran a curl in the opposite direction into the teeth of the defense. The slant would have been wide open and an easy 6.

I actually agree with this too. Koetter can get this Done too I'm my opinion, but looking at how much our team needs a second half boost... something needs to be done. Plus its not like confirming wise it can hurt. We use the full length of the play clock. On second thought we need a four quarter boost.

Edited by Atlfanstckndenver

it was made painfully clear last nite why ryans name does not belong in the same sentence as brady. brady is willing nobodies into the endzone, while matt just fires it out the back of the endzone giving nobody a chance when you have tony, jj and **** roddys hands ain t broke.

but he had 421 yards!