The Falcons Are 2-9 In The Last 11 Games.

BirdWeisErrr_2

They're 1-3 in their last four. That's bad enough without bringing in fake things like preseason games.

The reason I brought up preseason games is because I really have to wonder if we took them seriously. Did we not use the preseason to fix issues that should have been corrected then. Does anyone believe Mike Smith told the team before the preseason games, "hey guys, we're gonna go out here and lose this game today and hope to get home safe".?

Preseason games or not, a loss is a loss. Personally I try to win at everything. I wouldn't care if it was just a preseason game. Of course you have to consider position battles and things like that but you can do all of that and still win. The other teams won.

If you lose enough at anything it will become acceptable. I hate losing period. Of course I do not get as upset about a preseason game as I do a regular season game but you cannot allow losing to become a habit.

Edited by BirdWeisErrr_2

The reason I brought up preseason games is because I really have to wonder if we took them seriously. Did we not use the preseason to fix issues that should have been corrected then. Does anyone believe Mike Smith told the team before the preseason games, "hey guys, we're gonna go out here and lose this game today and hope to get home safe".?

Preseason games or not, a loss is a loss. Personally I try to win at everything. I wouldn't care if it was just a preseason game. Of course you have to consider position battles and things like that but you can do all of that and still win. The other teams won.

If you lose enough at anything it will become acceptable. I hate losing period. Of course I do not get as upset about a preseason game as I do a regular season game but you cannot allow losing to become a habit.

Well... you're definitely winning if you're trying to be an idiot by counting preseason games. So pat yourself on the back

I understand that I guess, you make some good points. I was just saying I feel bad enough as it is. And I HATE preseason games. They shouldn't even play the dam things in my opinion. College doesn't need preseason and neither does the NFL.

I understand that I guess, you make some good points. I was just saying I feel bad enough as it is. And I HATE preseason games. They shouldn't even play the dam things in my opinion. College doesn't need preseason and neither does the NFL.

I really hope the preseason is cut to 2 games. Position battles can be won and lost at camp.

They're glorified scrimmages. Preseason is to help evaluate how your guys play together when they go up against someone they haven't been training with for weeks.

Would you agree that in the NFL you have to take advantage of every opportunity? If preseason is given to you as a tool should you use it to your advantage? Or being you feel they don't count should we just go out there and go through the motions and go home?

Edited by BirdWeisErrr_2

Would you agree that in the NFL you have to take advantage of every opportunity? If preseason is given to you as a tool should you use it to your advantage? Or being you feel they don't count should we just go out there and go through the motions and go home?

The Falcons do use it to their advantage. They observe guys and see who could help the team most in the long run. They try things offensively and defensively to see if they'll work or not during the regular season.