What Are Our Options? Trade A Draft Pick?

matty72780

We are in serious trouble on the O-Line. Matt Ryan has been getting killed all season. It all comes down to TD and his inability to address the point of attack and stockpile lineman, he's become enamored with skill players, which were loaded with and I appreciate. But the fact TD has drafted 17 total lineman since 2008 and not one has made the probowl is alarming; i understand probowl means nothing but its a good guage you excel amongst the other nfl lineman. If we're expecting to win the Super Bowl, let alone make the playoffs we need help now. Letting Dahl & Clabo go has taken all the nastiness out of our line and opposing Ds are getting pressure rushing 3 & 4 all day. Do we trade a future draft pic for immediate OL help? I think we need to look into this seriously.

I disagree. Julio is unbelievable and he's our #1 receiver for the next 5-6 years guaranteed. Our biggest mistake was letting Clabo walk and we still ended up being 7 mill under the cap before the season started, which could of kept Clabo. We also did absolutely nothing in FA this past year, there were quite a few above avg Oline guys that were signed for cents on the dollar which we could of easily afforded. It falls on TD being stubborn and sticking with inadequate guys like Holmes, Johnson, Hawley, Reynolds, etc. thinking we could coach up no names and form a solid Oline is biting us in the arse right now!

This year is F@cked primarily due to injuries which further expose our issues on the line. Play the season out no matter how bad it gets and put 100% focus on the lines next off season. don't **** up our future just to get an extra win or two this year. we are toast this year.

Edited by MAD597

We have a 9% chance of playoffs, you don't trade away picks when you have 9% chance of playoffs.

9%? It's quarter way thru the season, how do you come up with 9%, just some ridiculous stat based on teams in years past? They have nothing to do with this team, that stats about as useful as tittts on a bull. There are only 4 teams in the NFC with a winning record brotha. If we go 10-6 or 9-7 we have a realistic shot of making the playoffs.

How bad would we be ? We went 13-3 in 2010 with Michael Jenkins at wr and Roddy

Falcons would have more depth and better in trenches most likely .

We would have been able to protect QB better and get to QB by using picks on trenches

We've neglected both sides of the line, but I think that's more down to a sense of priority than a lack of picks. Before somebody says it, I know that Baker was a 1st, Konz was a 2nd, Blalock was a 2nd, Holmes was a 3rd on the o-line but we knew that the line was a weakness the last couple of years and chose to ignore it. If we had drafted receivers instead of them and they had played to that standard, do you think that we would have persevered with them or brought in people to replace them?

This is what happens when you trade 5 draft picks for a wr

maybe we should admit Julio was not needed and a mistake

Seriously, based on TDs track record with drafting offensive and defensive linemen why do you think that the lines would be any better off with those other picks?

You already have 1st round picks, 2nd round picks, & 3rd round picks on the lines and they aren't doing so great.

I love how people think we'd somehow magically be a better team if we didn't make the Julio trade and then conveniently ignore that TD has done a pretty horrible job picking linemen in the first place.

Yeah... Baker, Jerry, Konz.... just having more guys like that.

That would put us over the top.

Picks don't mean anything if you don't do anything with them.

Have you watched the Browns defense this year ? They been great

1) Ray Horton

2) None of the players who have been great are the result of the trade

3) Joe Haden

In fact, the players that have come from the Falcons picks are

1) Jon Baldwin: a guy who was traded and hasnt made an impact on a bad receiving corps

2) Greg Little: a mediocre, at best, player

3) Owen Marecic: He got cut.

4) Brandon Weeden: He's gonna get cut

5) Jarius Wright: Way down the depth chart for a WR challenged team...

Have you watched the Browns defense this year ? They been great

Like I said, you're delusional

Julio is the best player on this team and it's not even close

Take him off and you have the Browns, a terrible team with no talent going nowhere

Who are you pretending you would have drafted with the Julio picks, speaking years after the fact

Play the percentages . TD given more picks is eventually going to hit on a Geno Atkins , Michael Johnson , Justin Houston, etc on and on . You limited the picks you draft the lower the percentage you will have at a shot at finding impact trench players .

Julio Jones is a great player . He was me never needed

You don't know what you're talking about, and are severely deluded into the belief that you do

We get it.

If you don't want to watch one of the best and most dominant players, find another team.

Because none of your crying has any impact on this one.

You won't be missed

1) Ray Horton

2) None of the players who have been great are the result of the trade

3) Joe Haden

In fact, the players that have come from the Falcons picks are

1) Jon Baldwin: a guy who was traded and hasnt made an impact on a bad receiving corps

2) Greg Little: a mediocre, at best, player

3) Owen Marecic: He got cut.

4) Brandon Weeden: He's gonna get cut

5) Jarius Wright: Way down the depth chart for a WR challenged team...

What do you mean, those guys are all pros

Besides dont you know this clown would have made all the right picks

I'm sure he can even give you a list of players he would have drafted in hindsight years after the fact pretending he knew what they would turn into back then, and not acknowledging the fact that going back and changing a single pick would alter how the entire draft plays out meaning there is no guarantee any of those players would even be available

Play the percentages . TD given more picks is eventually going to hit on a Geno Atkins , Michael Johnson , Justin Houston, etc on and on . You limited the picks you draft the lower the percentage you will have at a shot at finding impact trench players .

Julio Jones is a great player . He was me never needed

Doing the same thing over and over again and thinking the results are going to be different is the definition of a fool.

TDs track record speaks for itself.

You think that having more opportunity to the same thing over and over again will result in something different.

I don't think there is a lot we can do from a personnel perspective. We all thought we had one of the most talented rosters in the NFL this offseason, nothing has changed minus a few injuries. It's now down to the players to execute and the coaches to put the players in the right positions to make plays.

Our next 4 games are the Jets, Bucs, Cardinals and Panthers - if we win those 4 and I think we will, then we're at 4-3 and in ok shape. I think the game after that v the Seahawks will be the difference between us making the playoffs or not.

Bellichick has seven rookies and seven undrafted rookies on his roster. The Patriots have been consistent winners for over a decade despite complete change overs, except quarterback, of the roster. Bellichick has two of his best players on the sidelines and in jail. He even had a winning season the year Brady was hurt. Using talent as an exlusive excuse for poor performance is not logical.

wat ??? love how you left off

Phil Taylor

who has been a monster . Who is to say we draft Browns players as well

Plus who is to say the Browns didnt use logic behind there picking and drafted a player like Jordan Cameron a shinning star at TE cause they had our 4th round pick behind them

and wanted to reach for him early

Browns are building for future

Phil Taylor:

A) wasnt taken with the Falcons pick....he was a trade up.

B )Hasnt been "a monster" at all....he's a nice player who missed half of last year. He's far from "a monster"

C) Don't you **** on TD all the time? So now, he's going to draft incredibly when it suits your ******** argument agenda?

Bellichick has seven rookies and seven undrafted rookies on his roster. The Patriots have been consistent winners for over a decade despite complete change overs, except quarterback, of the roster. Bellichick has two of his best players on the sidelines and in jail. He even had a winning season the year Brady was hurt. Using talent as an exlusive excuse for poor performance is not logical.

Patriots have been a consistent winner because of ONE THING - Tom Freakin' Brady. Belicheck, for all of his draft picks, has not drafted greatly the last 5 years. He's had hits/misses like everybody else but lots of misses.

Belichick and his staff are + coaches. Unfortunately, our guys aren't + coaches. Nolan MAYBE has + coach tendencies. Smitty and Koetter aren't. They aren't - coaches either....but they're not going to win you games.