Adjusting Expectations

fansince78

It is nothing new to any long time Falcon fan. They get so close to winning it all one year and the next don't look like they belong on the same field with great teams. For any real fan, the season is not over. There are 12 games left to be played and we will be there pulling for them until game 16 is in the record books. The playoffs are a distant dream (still a possibility) now for the team that looked like they were going to play in the big game last year. I hate it for TG and I hate it for the other players that worked so hard.

I expect the Saints to roll over Miami like a steamroller tonight and have a three game lead. Looking at the schedules for both teams, I think that pretty much wraps up the division for the Saints barring an injury to Brees. A wildcard is possible but looking at the schedule and considering how they have played so far, not likely.

I will still be a fan of this team throughout the season and just hope for better next year if the regular season is all these birds can fly.