Not Giving Up On My Team Or The Season

falconidae

No, I'm not happy with the way the season has started. And I'm not giving up.

I'm as sad and as frustrated as anybody, but there's still hope.

Falcons aren't the Bucs or the Giants or Jax.

Need to win next Monday, world of difference between 2-3 and 1-4.

Falcons can salvage the season- if they do so, it'll be because Ryan took it up a notch [ he's missed 15-20 throws this year that would have made a difference], the Oline got better and the youngsters on D gained some experience and made some plays.

None of that is unreasonable. Ryan has made those 15-20 throws often in the past, Oline can gel with more time together, the D can make fewer mistakes.

That happens, this team could still make a deep playoff run. Not giving up on that until the Falcons are eliminated from the playoffs.

You can think of that as naive, stupid, blind homerism, whatever the f##k you want to call it. I just call it being a fan of my team.

Falcons can salvage the season- if they do so, it'll be because Ryan took it up a notch [ he's missed 15-20 throws this year that would have made a difference], the Oline got better and the youngsters on D gained some experience and made some plays.

None of that is unreasonable. Ryan has made those 15-20 throws often in the past, Oline can gel with more time together, the D can make fewer mistakes.

That happens, this team could still make a deep playoff run. Not giving up on that until the Falcons are eliminated from the playoffs.

You can think of that as naive, stupid, blind homerism, whatever the f##k you want to call it. I just call it being a fan of my team.

I'm with you, I just need my tears to dry up first. This hurts, something has to go up from here. There isn't much lower to go. We can go on a run, we just have to stop tripping over ourselves. The story of this team is starting to become "coming up short when it matters most." This is crazy, but maybe we should make Matt Bryant inactive so we know we have to score touchdowns or we will get blown out of the water!!

I know negativity gets frowned upon at this place, but we haven't even played the best teams on our schedule yet. If we don't improve VASTLY, there's absolutely no way we win more than 8 games. The Panthers (and likely the Bucs) DL will maul our OL. There's no way our defense is beating the Saints, who are better than the Pats. Then we get Seattle and SanFran. Do those really look like winnable games right now?

Try to be objective about it.

We can still do this. I ask you what is the ONE MOVE we can make that can turn this thing around? It is obvious, get ALL the injured back but that isn't likely to happen anytime soon. And injuries are a part of the game. So what can we do to give us a shot in Playoffs and SB? Which one move would YOU make? (1)Trade for a top notch OL (2) Sign Richard Samuels? (3) Trade for a DL, LB or DB? (4) Do nothing? (5) Give up? (6) Give some of the guys like DT Reoggle and D. Johnson up from the Practice Squad. (7) Bring back C.Todd McClure, LB Peterson, FB Cox, RB M. Turner at a reduced price for 3/4 of this year for their experience and leadership? (8) Get another Scouting and drafting team? (9) Take some chances on some players to get some players who are NASTY and MEAN? Vote

Boom

Jets dline is going to be a Problem for this team next week . I would not be shocked we lose next week as well in a ugly game where Jets def line dominates our Oline keeping this game close and Jets win an ugly one

It'll be the typical slow, sloppy, excruciatingly boring Jets/Falcons game. 13-10 will be the final score. It doesn't matter who wins, they're both terrible and going nowhere.

Agreed! Not giving up, but not happy at all. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty pissed at our play so far. We need an APB for DeCoud. 4 games removed from a Pro-Bowl season, he has yet to make a meaningful play in this season....smh Spoon's hurt (as always), Defense getting no pressure (As always), failing to convert big 3rd downs (as always), Giving up big 3rd down conversions (as always), blowing leads (as always), coming out flat in the 3rd Q (as always), failing to score TDs in the Redzone (as always). Basically showing no growth from last season or the season before.

you keep hoping all you want but its not going to change a thing . the team doesn't believe in the coach . now we'll see if the owner has the balls to do something .

I'm kind of curious is if this is the case. I don't have a clue, but the way we have played this year really makes you wonder whats's going on behind closed doors.

I'll be right there witchya bro...

I would definitely not call it any of the above, except being a fan! ;).. I will be doing the same..

Seriously, we didn't want to start like this, but even with a massive amount of injuries and bad play, we have been in every game so far, and we have played some pretty darn good teams up to this point. While our losses count as their wins, our opponents up to this point are 10-0.. Yes we need to turn a lot of things around, but if we put up a good game and get a win at home vs the Jets, we are going into the bye on a good note and we will have some time to get healthier and change things before going up against the Cards, Bucs and Panthers.. We are definitely not done, and I am actually looking forward to seeing what we will do.. We have not been close to playing our best football yet - that will come. I still have hope.