Team Showed A Lot Of Grit..!

Ranger 69

I'm as disappointed as anyone else at the team's 1-3 record. However, you have to consider the following: The combined record of the teams that the Falcons have lost to is 10-0. In each of those losses, the game went down to the wire. In two of those games, the team was decimated with injuries. Last night, in what could have been a blow-out, the Falcons didn't give up..! They clawed their way back and made a very competitive and exciting game out of it. I have been a Falcon's fan since 1970. As a fan, I have weathered much, much worse than this. To all of the Bandwagon fans that want to jump ship, all I can say is good riddance..!

I was wondering last night after the game if this board would be melting down again. You're never happy after a loss, but as you said they played harder last night than anytime since the Niner's game. It wasn't perfect. The third quarter still was problematic, though not to the extent of every other game this season. Smith didn't coach passively, or make any mind numbingly numbskull gaffes.......aggressiveness doesn't always pay off, but at least he showed some confidence in his players.

It came down to the players not executing. Matt made some bad throws, Toilolo's drop, not holding on 3rd and 19, but with all that said. They played hard, never gave up, and I think took a major step towards shaking this slow start. The season is not over. The playoffs are still a very real possibility. I heard Osi say (before the game in honesty), but he said "Its not how you start, it's how you finish"....Amen to that.

I just turned into a Falcon's fan this year because my niece's fiance' was drafted and while I am disappointed with the record, I am more disappointed with the fans. I understand that you guys expect a quality product but we have a-lot of youth on both sides of the ball. Let these guys take their lumps and progress throughout the season. All of this "we want Grimes and Abe" back sucks to hear. The rookies went and played their heart out last night against Tom Brady. They showed heart. Once they get experience and we build the trenches everything will pan out.

The red zone offense has to improve and our pass rush has to improve but I know everything will work out. Pressure makes diamonds.

I just turned into a Falcon's fan this year because my niece's fiance' was drafted and while I am disappointed with the record, I am more disappointed with the fans. I understand that you guys expect a quality product but we have a-lot of youth on both sides of the ball. Let these guys take their lumps and progress throughout the season. All of this "we want Grimes and Abe" back sucks to hear. The rookies went and played their heart out last night against Tom Brady. They showed heart. Once they get experience and we build the trenches everything will pan out.

The red zone offense has to improve and our pass rush has to improve but I know everything will work out. Pressure makes diamonds.

I agree with you for the most part, but being new, you should try and understand the frustration with some of your arguments. Namely your observation of

"and we build the trenches everything will pan out."

This has been debated and argued for on this board for years, literally years. The lines, while addressed, have never seemed to be a priority, so we see the same lackluster pass rush year after year and it has caused some frustration. Hopefully these rookies will hit a stride.....I really hope they will.

Losing to 3 teams that are 10 and 0 pretty much shows the team is not ready for the big game...don't it? I mean, isn't that what should follow a season like last year, a trip to the Superbowl?

No, what it means is that the Falcons are playing some of the best teams in the NFL and, despite all of their problems, are still very competitive. Consider this: We are three dropped passes from being 4-0. Sometimes you get the breaks, sometimes you don't. Right now, this is all very valuable experience for the Falcons. If you look at the past Super Bowl winners, you will see that many of them had serious struggles in the early parts of their winning seasons. As has been mentioned before, it's not how you start the season, it's how you finish..! We still have 12 games left in this season. We still have a very legitimate shot at making the playoffs and more. I'm not about to give up on this team. Not now... Not ever..!!!

Losing to 3 teams that are 10 and 0 pretty much shows the team is not ready for the big game...don't it? I mean, isn't that what should follow a season like last year, a trip to the Superbowl?

Can't win the Super Bowl in September. It hasn't gone the way we would've liked yet, but the team is finding out what needs to be done to win/compete. Just need to give them time to grow and get it together with the early bye week. Part of the problem with going undefeated, you get complacent and feel like everything is fine. Losing a few early can help the team get better.

I'm as disappointed as anyone else at the team's 1-3 record. However, you have to consider the following: The combined record of the teams that the Falcons have lost to is 10-0. In each of those losses, the game went down to the wire. In two of those games, the team was decimated with injuries. Last night, in what could have been a blow-out, the Falcons didn't give up..! They clawed their way back and made a very competitive and exciting game out of it. I have been a Falcon's fan since 1970. As a fan, I have weathered much, much worse than this. To all of the Bandwagon fans that want to jump ship, all I can say is good riddance..!

Let 'em go. Our season ticket prices won't increase so much with the new stadium if the demand drops. Let 'em leave just like they all left when NE kicked their final FG last night. Good freaking riddance. See ya and don't let the door hit ya on the a$$.

I knew the game wasn't over, and so did every one of our players. Say what you want about MR and this team. They DO NOT QUIT. We came within one dropped pass of putting it in OT.

I'm just as frustrated as anyone. But I've seen WAAAAAY worse situations than this to think of tossing it in on the season already.

I've said for years that there are about 35,000 TRUE Falcon fans that will support the team regardless and show up every week. Surprisingly, there may be less than that now because the recent success has spoiled many of the younger fans. Or maybe they just mostly all like fantasy football more than the real thing. Heck, I dunno. And I don't care. Let 'em go. When we finally hoist the silver football it'll be even sweeter.

Everyone talking about injuries and only one is seriously considerable.

anytime a starter is out that means a new guy steps in - why downplay the value of not just one starter , but multiple starters ??? Even if the talent level is not that different , it affects chemistry - institutionally knowing where your teammate is going to be, only to find hes not there - I see that happening several times a game - and its a natural thing but one that affects the TEAM.

Please, last night was a blowout that got close but some freak events at the end.

You got destroyed in your own building by a bunch of rookies.

Seriously. New england fans are somewhere between duckbutter and eye crispy's in the morning.

That being said, it pains me to say this but it wasn't as close as the score suggested

anytime a starter is out that means a new guy steps in - why downplay the value of not just one starter , but multiple starters ??? Even if the talent level is not that different , it affects chemistry - institutionally knowing where your teammate is going to be, only to find hes not there - I see that happening several times a game - and its a natural thing but one that affects the TEAM.

Biermann starts, but he's 100% rotational and average at that. This is the NFL, he's replaceable. You can make an argument for Spoon, but the truth is, he misses tackles just as much as the rest. He's all mouth and celebration. No business. Asante is the real business here.

I downplay it for so many reasons that I won't even start...way too much writing. Falcons fans love a good excuse man.