Feel Sad For Tony... Look At His Eyes.

If you haven't watched his interview you can see panic, sadness, frustration. A man struggling to realize that losing in the NFC championship and 1 playoff win will be the highlight of his career.

He is struggling and fighting the realization that he came back for an additional season to play for a team that might not make the playoffs and is looking more and more like a below .500 team.

It's pretty sad when you think about it.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/media-lounge/videos/Career_Day_Comes_in_Loss/d41c1dbe-695f-40ee-a522-56c0e1359dd9

If you haven't watched his interview you can see panic, sadness, frustration. A man struggling to realize that losing in the NFC championship and 1 playoff win will be the highlight of his career.

He is struggling and fighting the realization that he came back for an additional season to play for a team that might not make the playoffs and is looking more and more like a below .500 team.

It's pretty sad when you think about it.

http://www.atlantafa...22-56c0e1359dd9

He did come to play today, at a moment of the game he looked like the only Falcon still fighting and the only that gave us a chance at a comeback shot.

I agree completely. You could see the tears in his eyes. You could hear the sadness in his voice even. The man is crushed. He gave up going out atleast close....to come back and chase a dream that this team will not deliver. This rate its hard to even see us mathmatically still in it. Unless other teams start to majorly mess up...

1-3 but keep it in perspective. i remember us going on a long winning streak last year. we just need to play 9-3/10-2 football the rest of the way. is that a challenge? yes. but its possible when this team gets healthy. plus, we will play against sf, gb, etc who we will be fighting for the wild card spots, so we could potentially take tiebreakers too. we have games left against seattle, green bay, new orleans, and san fran. other than those i can see us easily running the table. then if we can manage winning 2 of those 4 we are in good shape.

Tony G equals chipper jones. Its crazy that soon as chipper retired not only did the braves get better his replacement was more impressive than he was in his later years. The falcons should have let Tony move on. All its doing is delaying the progress of Coffman and toilolo. The championship year was last year. This team looks just like the raiders superbowl team that lost to Tampa in the early 2000's. They tried to "bring" the team back for a run and they looked old, out of place and just plain embarrassing. The falcons have a great team certain players need to go though.

Boo hoo. He gets paid. And not vet minimum like an aging player who comes back "just for the ring" should. That extra money could have gone somewhere else to add to the team. Instead it falls into the hands of a feel-good mercenary who didn't even bother with camp yet wants to be seen as a mentor. That look in his face is not the realization that an NFCC game will be the highlight of his career - it's the look of a man who thinks "I have 12 more games of this **** - I wish I would have just stayed retired..."

Tony G equals chipper jones. Its crazy that soon as chipper retired not only did the braves get better his replacement was more impressive than he was in his later years. The falcons should have let Tony move on. All its doing is delaying the progress of Coffman and toilolo. The championship year was last year. This team looks just like the raiders superbowl team that lost to Tampa in the early 2000's. They tried to "bring" the team back for a run and they looked old, out of place and just plain embarrassing. The falcons have a great team certain players need to go though.

yep, I was mad when they begged him to come back to the tune of $7 million. I bet soon as he retire, the Falcons gone be explosive as heck

I don't feel sad for him at all. He should have stayed at home. He didn't have to give in to the pressure

me either but he should be respected. just let him go be with his family now this season is lost. no way we win the nfc south this year. i guess the stat of no one wins the division back to back will always be true

Yall kidding right? Gonzo is getting paid, hes sad he wont get that bonus cut thats why he in tears he knows no team is guaranteed a super bowl berth, he know hes not some type of edge for the team to get there he didnt even want to practice with the team thats how much he cared and he and his agent knew how this game work especially this division, that man wanted one more payday, Vick probably whispered in his ear. "Man they paid me bookoo money my last season and i barely played and they funded my dog fights, go let Arthur blank-check pay you and retire richer"

Edited by dninc79

Tony had a good game yesterday but I don't feel sorry for him at all. Maybe we would have won the game if we used some of his $7 million salary to sign some d line or LB help. If we lose every game we play this season in the same way we've lost all our games so far this year, Tony G is the last person I'll feel sorry for. Demanding all that money, missing training camp, and not really even playing that well outside of this game (lest we forget he almost got Matt killed in NO) did that for me.