Serious Reaction To Tonights Game And Future

socalriseup

Well im tired of all the extreme posts on here of trade this guy, fire this guy, our season is done, etc etc.

Maybe we can actually discuss things about the game and future potential?

Tonight julio and roddy dropped alot of passes, yes a few ryan passes were bad but that many.

The o-line actually held up well compared to the past weeks and gave ryan time for long passes and for receivers to get open.

Im pretty mad that we really didnt try to run all night. Yes we ran quizz a bit and a handful of snelling rushes, but compared to last week WTF?!

I figured we would at least try to get snelling the ball more after last weeks performance.

With all the double coverage going on, running would have helped.

I think we should have tried getting more passes to hd, toilolo, and heck even coffman.

They are receivers less expected to be targeted.

I personally think our defense did a decent job. There is so much hate for them but cmon we have what 4 or 5 actually starters playing?

Decoud was tackling, trufant looked good. Willymo was holding it down. Dent was playing great until he got hurt which we saw the effect of.

Im bummed worrilow went out since he got the start over nicholas i was expecting some nice plays.

The only glaring problem i took away from tonight was redzone efficiency. We have to score and its hard when our star receivers are dropping balls.

I dont think i saw us try run in a touchdown with snelling tonight even once? How many times has he done that in the past, and we didnt even try it once?

Looking forward its hard to be optimistic. I do think we will win quite a few of our upcoming games. We will be better when starters are getting back on the field. im leaning more to the negative side when it comes to making the playoffs but honestly with all the injuries what did we expect? Ill still be supporting the team day in and day out but the excitement of last season has definitely gone down. It hurts to have no joy in watching football on the weekends. Ill still be making a trip to arizona and san francisco for our games no matter how we do the next few weeks.

Its going to be an up and down rest of the season but you gotta keep supporting.

-peace

It might be time for me to accept this as a rebuilding/growing year... for a lot of young players on my team. But I hate losing...can't stand it, especially after the franchise history of losing and the recent success of the Falcons. A year of Stephen Jackson wasted...Tony G's last year wasted...

We may be better next year after a year of rebuilding, but not if Mike Smith is still our coach. I want us to finish this year with Smitty, let guys like Holmes, Trufant, Alford, Massaquoi, etc get their first real years under their belt...then hire Jay Gruden as head coach at the end of the season.

Just like it seems the league has figured out the read option, it seems the league has figured out that the Falcons, despite all the talent, can not get the job done, so they come in way too confident when facing a team with the talent and overall record as us.

Paper champions need a young, smart, talented, aggressive head coach to turn them into REAL champions.

Well im tired of all the extreme posts on here of trade this guy, fire this guy, our season is done, etc etc.

Maybe we can actually discuss things about the game and future potential?

Tonight julio and roddy dropped alot of passes, yes a few ryan passes were bad but that many.

The o-line actually held up well compared to the past weeks and gave ryan time for long passes and for receivers to get open.

Im pretty mad that we really didnt try to run all night. Yes we ran quizz a bit and a handful of snelling rushes, but compared to last week WTF?!

I figured we would at least try to get snelling the ball more after last weeks performance.

With all the double coverage going on, running would have helped.

I think we should have tried getting more passes to hd, toilolo, and heck even coffman.

They are receivers less expected to be targeted.

I personally think our defense did a decent job. There is so much hate for them but cmon we have what 4 or 5 actually starters playing?

Decoud was tackling, trufant looked good. Willymo was holding it down. Dent was playing great until he got hurt which we saw the effect of.

Im bummed worrilow went out since he got the start over nicholas i was expecting some nice plays.

The only glaring problem i took away from tonight was redzone efficiency. We have to score and its hard when our star receivers are dropping balls.

I dont think i saw us try run in a touchdown with snelling tonight even once? How many times has he done that in the past, and we didnt even try it once?

Looking forward its hard to be optimistic. I do think we will win quite a few of our upcoming games. We will be better when starters are getting back on the field. im leaning more to the negative side when it comes to making the playoffs but honestly with all the injuries what did we expect? Ill still be supporting the team day in and day out but the excitement of last season has definitely gone down. It hurts to have no joy in watching football on the weekends. Ill still be making a trip to arizona and san francisco for our games no matter how we do the next few weeks.

Its going to be an up and down rest of the season but you gotta keep supporting.

-peace

You're right and it's good to see some rational fans around here. I had to have a glass of wine and take a nap. I am tired of getting let down so hard, maybe if we can't get it together this season, we will be in a better position to retool in the draft. I just don't really see it from this team this time around. And I don't really know what it is. A quarter of the season is gone, and this team is just not making plays where it counts, which is what NFL football is all about.