How Is It Game After Game After Game It's 1 Play Away?

J-Wall

After the Saints' game I posted that if we need a FG on a game winning drive, i'm 100% sure that we'll get to the 30 yard line and win the game. But if we need a TD, we're fvcked. You want to know how? I can't tell you how but I can tell you stop being so surprised. This is a pattern. This is nothing new. This just didn't start happening this season or even in the playoffs last season. This has happened for a few years now.

Edited by Yep281986

Like the Pats did? Oh wait, they let us come back.

Whether we came back or another team comes back on us its quite evident that Falcon football is having the game come down to the final possession. Last year we were able to win those games, this year not so much.

Edited by the_sheff

It's the natural outcome of playing Smittyball. You always keep the other team in the game by scoring as few points as possible and wasting as much clock time as possible. When you're healthy and your offense is scoring a ton of TD's, it looks pretty solid. When you have injuries and the offense is not scoring, it's the most frustrating, aggravating, nerve-racking strategy ever devised. Watching Smittyball games for me is like being swept up in a slow-motion train wreck. When the game is over all I want to do is throw down a glass of Jack and scream obscenities at the top of my voice. That's probably not the best form of entertainment for a man of my advanced years, yet I can't look away any more than you can look away from the limp, bloody body hanging out of the car window of a freeway crash. There's something about the sheer horror that is spell-binding, but with the Falcons it's more like it's your mama's limp, bloody body hanging out of that car window than a stranger, so it's way more emotional and draining.

Edited by PokerSteve