Elite Quarterback, Elite Wide Receivers, And An Elite Tight End...

Guest Negatorris

Guest Negatorris

Yet it's been the same story over and over and over. We can never score a TD in the waning moments of a game. NEVER. I'm usually the optimistic one on this board, but this game tonight was disgraceful. With all the big boy talk and hype during the offseason, this offense should never have just 10 points going into the 4th.

Granted, the defense played like sh*t, but there has never been a year where we've been a defensive team. The Falcons have been all about offense for the last 5 years, and we keep getting this sputterry, inconsistent BS week in and week out. Injuries are definitely not an excuse. Tom Brady put up 30 points on our defense with dayum rookies and reserve players. The Patriots had injuries to their defense before and during the game and we still couldn't do a **** thing until the end, when it was too late and made no difference.

Our $100 million dollar QB has had mental errors, and grave mistakes. I understand our OL is bad, but Ryan commands that offense. If he sees Koetter is acting like a dumb arse, step up and take control like Brady or Manning would. I guarantee they would get rid of Koetter before they got rid of Ryan. I wish Ryan would be more vocal and honest. It's time to drop the nice guy act and take over this offense. If Ryan doesn't do so, we will continue to look like sh*t. Simply, Matt Ryan has to stop looking so pedestrian out there. I still think he is a top 5 QB, and I still think he can win a Superbowl.

Koetter is not the guy for this team. Defenses know what he's going to do next. I complained about him last year, and I'm sticking by my opinion that he's nothing special. His play calling is a bit more aggressive than Mularkey's, but it sure isn't looking that much better. Especially in the ******* red zone. Big name receivers, with great hands and big bodies yet we can't find a way to get 7 points in the redzone. This is also on Ryan, but it's more on Koetter. Just like when he was with Jacksonville, he started off with the offense ranked high, but every year his offenses got progressively worse. Same thing is happening here. Nothing is creative about this guy.

Nolan is working with a bunch of rookies, I understand that but he deserves criticism too. I can't recall how many times this year receivers have been let off the line completely untouched, and then they end up getting an easy 1st down. It's third down and your defenders are defending behind the **** first down marker instead of defending the line to gain. Yeah, makes sense. Our defense looks like Van Gorder is secretly calling plays from his couch on his cell phone.

Smith is doing nothing to help his case. I know there's absolutely no way he'll get fired after this season, unless we go 1-15, but he's not helping his case with the fans who are obviously becoming fed up with him. The things that he is usually good at have been slowly diminishing. The penalties for this season are ridiculous, and the team overall is just uncharacteristaclly undisciplined and bland. They look lost way too often, and so does Smitty. And something else that seems to becoming a trend, is Smitty making some decision that makes everyone watching go "WTF". He does it at least once every week. I really don't know what else to say. I'm losing any faith I had in Coach Smith.

Thomas Dimitroff, it's obvious you f*cked up bad during your tenure here, when bringing in linemen. NONE of them have panned out and it has cost us too many times. Ignore this issue for another year and see what happens.

I'll have to be honest and say my faith in this team has been cut down significantly after tonight. Honestly expected a bounceback win, but I got the exact opposite. The rally at the end means nothing to me, as we didn't go on to win the game at the end since we don't know how to score touchdowns. I'm tired of seeing the same story play out in every game. "(insert opposing team defender here) knocks the ball away on 4th down!!!"

As of tonight, I do not think we look like a playoff team, and I do not think that we will make the playoffs. Usually an optomistic fan, I'm expecting us to end up somewhere between 7-9 or 8-8, which is sad considering the talent. "

Have an incredible season, then sh*t on your fans during the next season..."

That should be our new motto. If I could, I would destroy anything in ATL that said "Rise Up".

I'm not one to give up on a season, and I'm not, but at this point the Falcons would surprise me if they won 10+ games this year. It's even scarier to note that the Patriots struggled with even less talented teams that are all on our schedule too.

Both our our lines are pure **** and that's just the truth at this point. It's hard to be an elite quarterback when you get slammed so hard your teeth get ******* knocked out on **** near ever **** play. It's getting old. The defense couldn't sack Tom Brady if his o-line consisted of the Golden Girls and Geraldo played LT. They didn't need Gronk or Amendola. AND, Wilfork went out and yet we still couldn't run the **** ball and refused to run it with consistency. Even the penalties are indicative of something being seriously wrong with this team.

Edited by dthar2109

For as bad as we played, we still shoulda won. The season is still early, and we will hopefully get S Jackson back next week and maybe R White will be closer to 100%. Our rookie te dropped the game tieing TD pass there at the end of the game. Thats not M Ryans fault, plus last years team did this same stuff, except this year we are not making the come back wins....S Jackson dropped pass for a td, Toilolo dropped td tonight. We also made a bunch of penalities but that didnt happen last year. And our biggest problem has been all the injuries. We still got time to turn things around!!

How many teams would have better results missing 4 offensive starters and 1 of the remaining starters still hampered by a high ankle sprain?

Healthy offensive starters:

Ryan

Jones

Gonzalez

Blalock

Konz

Reynolds

Defense:

2 LB's out, 2 more get hurt tonight, 1 starting CB hurt. When you are down to Nicholas, Bartu and then Gaither, that says it all...

We have the jets, a bye, and then the bucs at home. We will be 3-3. The part of our schedule that will make or break our season is Oct. 27th through November. Those 5 games will dictate our season. Seattle, even at home, is a really tough game. The Saints... even at home is a really tough game. Other than those we have 3 away games. We are bound to drop at least 1 and as many as 3 of those. After that we still have Green Bay and at San Fran. Even though San Fran does not look like the same team... that is a tough game at their home stadium. Our remaining schedule I see 4 really tough games: San Fran, Green Bay, Saints, and Seattle. 2 of those are here and 2 of them away. Green Bay in Dec? I don't think we are going to win that. That's four losses. Seattle here.. I don't think we will win that. That is 5 losses. The Saints (under SP) have not lost in November since the 08 season... Not good for us. Besides GB and Seattle tell me how we don't lose at least 2 more out of the other 8 games... please?

How many teams would have better results missing 4 offensive starters and 1 of the remaining starters still hampered by a high ankle sprain?

Healthy offensive starters:

Ryan

Jones

Gonzalez

Blalock

Konz

Reynolds

Defense:

2 LB's out, 2 more get hurt tonight, 1 starting CB hurt. When you are down to Nicholas, Bartu and then Gaither, that says it all...

This might actually mean something if the replacements haven't played as well as, or better than, the injured starters.

Injuries are a whiny excuse for whiny losers. Look at the injury list for the Packers Super Bowl squad. Then come talk to me.

Smitty simply doesn't prepare the team to play 60 minutes of football. Smitty does not hold the players accountable. Smitty doesn't manage the clock competently. Smitty has a cadre of "do-no-wrong" guys that he refuses to replace. Roddy White described this teams lackadaisical attitude best in the pre-game interview, and that is all on Smitty.

This might actually mean something if the replacements haven't played as well as, or better than, the injured starters.

Injuries are a whiny excuse for whiny losers. Look at the injury list for the Packers Super Bowl squad. Then come talk to me.

Smitty simply doesn't prepare the team to play 60 minutes of football. Smitty does not hold the players accountable. Smitty doesn't manage the clock competently. Smitty has a cadre of "do-no-wrong" guys that he refuses to replace. Roddy White described this teams lackadaisical attitude best in the pre-game interview, and that is all on Smitty.

Whiny excuse or not, it's still reality. The Packers Super Bowl squad was an exception to history. When a team has injuries like that, they don't make the Super Bowl.

Granted it's been a rough start, but it's only been 4 games. Remember that. There is still 3/4 of the season to play.

Yet it's been the same story over and over and over. We can never score a TD in the waning moments of a game. NEVER. I'm usually the optimistic one on this board, but this game tonight was disgraceful. With all the big boy talk and hype during the offseason, this offense should never have just 10 points going into the 4th.

Granted, the defense played like sh*t, but there has never been a year where we've been a defensive team. The Falcons have been all about offense for the last 5 years, and we keep getting this sputterry, inconsistent BS week in and week out. Injuries are definitely not an excuse. Tom Brady put up 30 points on our defense with dayum rookies and reserve players. The Patriots had injuries to their defense before and during the game and we still couldn't do a **** thing until the end, when it was too late and made no difference.

Our $100 million dollar QB has had mental errors, and grave mistakes. I understand our OL is bad, but Ryan commands that offense. If he sees Koetter is acting like a dumb arse, step up and take control like Brady or Manning would. I guarantee they would get rid of Koetter before they got rid of Ryan. I wish Ryan would be more vocal and honest. It's time to drop the nice guy act and take over this offense. If Ryan doesn't do so, we will continue to look like sh*t. Simply, Matt Ryan has to stop looking so pedestrian out there. I still think he is a top 5 QB, and I still think he can win a Superbowl.

Koetter is not the guy for this team. Defenses know what he's going to do next. I complained about him last year, and I'm sticking by my opinion that he's nothing special. His play calling is a bit more aggressive than Mularkey's, but it sure isn't looking that much better. Especially in the ******* red zone. Big name receivers, with great hands and big bodies yet we can't find a way to get 7 points in the redzone. This is also on Ryan, but it's more on Koetter. Just like when he was with Jacksonville, he started off with the offense ranked high, but every year his offenses got progressively worse. Same thing is happening here. Nothing is creative about this guy.

Nolan is working with a bunch of rookies, I understand that but he deserves criticism too. I can't recall how many times this year receivers have been let off the line completely untouched, and then they end up getting an easy 1st down. It's third down and your defenders are defending behind the **** first down marker instead of defending the line to gain. Yeah, makes sense. Our defense looks like Van Gorder is secretly calling plays from his couch on his cell phone.

Smith is doing nothing to help his case. I know there's absolutely no way he'll get fired after this season, unless we go 1-15, but he's not helping his case with the fans who are obviously becoming fed up with him. The things that he is usually good at have been slowly diminishing. The penalties for this season are ridiculous, and the team overall is just uncharacteristaclly undisciplined and bland. They look lost way too often, and so does Smitty. And something else that seems to becoming a trend, is Smitty making some decision that makes everyone watching go "WTF". He does it at least once every week. I really don't know what else to say. I'm losing any faith I had in Coach Smith.

Thomas Dimitroff, it's obvious you f*cked up bad during your tenure here, when bringing in linemen. NONE of them have panned out and it has cost us too many times. Ignore this issue for another year and see what happens.

I'll have to be honest and say my faith in this team has been cut down significantly after tonight. Honestly expected a bounceback win, but I got the exact opposite. The rally at the end means nothing to me, as we didn't go on to win the game at the end since we don't know how to score touchdowns. I'm tired of seeing the same story play out in every game. "(insert opposing team defender here) knocks the ball away on 4th down!!!"

As of tonight, I do not think we look like a playoff team, and I do not think that we will make the playoffs. Usually an optomistic fan, I'm expecting us to end up somewhere between 7-9 or 8-8, which is sad considering the talent. "

Have an incredible season, then sh*t on your fans during the next season..."

That should be our new motto. If I could, I would destroy anything in ATL that said "Rise Up".

I'm not one to give up on a season, and I'm not, but at this point the Falcons would surprise me if they won 10+ games this year. It's even scarier to note that the Patriots struggled with even less talented teams that are all on our schedule too.

Actually I think that Smith gets fired this year if we miss the post-season.

*snickers*

*chuckles*

bumuHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

GTFO with that crap.

Ryan is not elite. Gonzo was elite. Not anymore. Same goes with Roddy. Julio is, but that speed is wasted since he nor Ryan have time to make long plays.

Dude, you are delusional. Stop living in the past. The one thing about a football game is that is demonstrably shows just how good the talent is.

Edited by Objective Critic

Simply put... When you don't have an Oline that can block, you need to have plays that develop quickly. When you get to the redzone and the field shortens up and the D can afford to now double up on our threats and get pressure sending 4 as the safeties no longer have to play deep half of the field.

The year the Falcons went to the SB we were plagued with injuries and one back-up after another stepped up without seeming to miss a beat. That was an amazing year from that standpoint alone.