Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blkbigdog35

The Quiet After The Storm

28 posts in this topic

After a moment to calm down and think I'm still a true fan but I'm concerned if this team is capable of taking the next step by turning this season around. This loss is disappointing but what is preventing this team from becoming great? Thoughts

After a moment to calm down and think I'm still a true fan but I'm concerned if this team is capable of taking the next step by turning this season around. This loss is disappointing but what is preventing this team from becoming great? Thoughts

This response will be very "off the cuff" and my position/opinions may change after more time to reflect...

Our team has lost its drive. It's lost its fire.

I remember when Smitty first took over the team. We were d@mn near unstoppable on 3rd down. And on those rare occasions when we WOULD get stopped on third down. We'd go for it on 4th down - AND convert.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-falcons/09000d5d824672b2/Sound-FX-Matt-Ryan

2:45 - Titans player, "We know what's coming." Matt Ryan, "You can't &^$%!#% stop it."

I just don't see this team playing with that same kind of heart. If we can find that heart, I think we can find "our team" again.

AndySG and Falconsfan567 like this

I remember when this team seem to play with more purpose but I think that falls on the head coach for not motivating his team and coaching staff. Something needs to be done to get that fire back!

Unclef2 likes this

When I sit back and ask for realistic expectations and try to say the team isn't as good as we think, I get called a fake fan and called a troll.

People keep making excuses and feeling sorry for tony g. F the excuses and Tony g could have stayed home.

This team is not that great, not even at full strength. I don't care of they finish 13-3,ill say the same exact thing.

People love to hate on the Seahawks, guess what the Seahawks don't give up and play to win. These coaches better get it together

Man woke up this am and couldn't even watch NFL am! Probably won't even listen to sports talk radio this morning. I'm hoping that our players and coaches do some serious self evaluations!

Unclef2 likes this

When I sit back and ask for realistic expectations and try to say the team isn't as good as we think, I get called a fake fan and called a troll.

People keep making excuses and feeling sorry for tony g. F the excuses and Tony g could have stayed home.

This team is not that great, not even at full strength. I don't care of they finish 13-3,ill say the same exact thing.

People love to hate on the Seahawks, guess what the Seahawks don't give up and play to win. These coaches better get it together

Exactly. I'm tired of getting my fandom questioned because I'm not accepting all the excuses the super shiny blind homer crowd keep throwing out there.

The biggest thing holding us back is ourselves. It's all a mind thing now. A poster above mentioned that we've lost our passion, and that Miami game may have done it for us. We know we are a much better team than displayed, even with all our injuries. This is when the team needs us most. If the team had our full support on Sunday night, instead of leaving early, maybe they may have that extra fire to make the comeback? Who knows, but with half the stadium leaving early, it just goes to show you the type of fans we have in Atlanta. You see it prominently on the boards. So many posters turning on the team, when giving the team positive reinforcement is what they need most at the moment.

The biggest thing holding us back is ourselves. It's all a mind thing now. A poster above mentioned that we've lost our passion, and that Miami game may have done it for us. We know we are a much better team than displayed, even with all our injuries. This is when the team needs us most. If the team had our full support on Sunday night, instead of leaving early, maybe they may have that extra fire to make the comeback? Who knows, but with half the stadium leaving early, it just goes to show you the type of fans we have in Atlanta. You see it prominently on the boards. So many posters turning on the team, when giving the team positive reinforcement is what they need most at the moment.

I don't see how people can blame the fans for leaving when it was 30-13 with only 6 minutes left in the game. Sorry I just can't do it.

Good post and I understand what you are saying but it works both ways because if your team is out there dominating or let's just say playing good football then your fans are going to want to stay in there seats. If it takes the fans to motivate our guys at home then what do they do on the road? Fan support helps tremendously, however these men are being paid to perform to play football. That in itself should be motivation. I just think it's time for this coaching staff and some of the players to have a more focused mindset. I hear the excuse about injuries but you know what alot of good teams have injuries and still perform. Just look at the team we just lost to on Sunday night. That's why its imperative for our coaching staff to coach these guys up so we can function under the next man up motto. My faith in this team is still strong however I'm more concerned about their mindset. What I would like to see on Monday Night is a total domination of the Jets. I think it's time to realize that this is a new year and what worked last year is not going to work and we have to freaking ADJUST!

Falconsfan567 likes this

Good post and I understand what you are saying but it works both ways because if your team is out there dominating or let's just say playing good football then your fans are going to want to stay in there seats. If it takes the fans to motivate our guys at home then what do they do on the road? Fan support helps tremendously, however these men are being paid to perform to play football. That in itself should be motivation. I just think it's time for this coaching staff and some of the players to have a more focused mindset. I hear the excuse about injuries but you know what alot of good teams have injuries and still perform. Just look at the team we just lost to on Sunday night. That's why its imperative for our coaching staff to coach these guys up so we can function under the next man up motto. My faith in this team is still strong however I'm more concerned about their mindset. What I would like to see on Monday Night is a total domination of the Jets. I think it's time to realize that this is a new year and what worked last year is not going to work and we have to freaking ADJUST!

Hit the nail on the head.

Don't wanna waste a thread. I have asked this question at least 3 times and no one will respond in tatf

Am I the only person that thinks this regime experienced too much success too soon. Does anyone else feel that way

Don't wanna waste a thread. I have asked this question at least 3 times and no one will respond in tatf

Am I the only person that thinks this regime experienced too much success too soon. Does anyone else feel that way

I honestly don't know. It could be a possibility that they let their early success go to their head and they got complacent in thinking that they were doing everything correctly instead trying to continually improve.

I honestly don't know. It could be a possibility that they let their early success go to their head and they got complacent in thinking that they were doing everything correctly instead trying to continually improve.

thats what keeps running through my head. They have never been in this situation at any point during this era and they dont know how to handle it. The players are frustrated and im sure the staff is as well. Expectations were placed at a very high level before the season started and its and going down hill right now.

It has been time over the years where i sit back and think to myself that they had to much success early on and the team has gotten to comfortable. Then again maybe im just over thinking it

blkbigdog35 likes this

thats what keeps running through my head. They have never been in this situation at any point during this era and they dont know how to handle it. The players are frustrated and im sure the staff is as well. Expectations were placed at a very high level before the season started and its and going down hill right now.

It has been time over the years where i sit back and think to myself that they had to much success early on and the team has gotten to comfortable. Then again maybe im just over thinking it

The one thing I have always believed in is that if you're not getting better than you're getting worse. I'm not just talking about sports either. I'm talking about in all aspects of life. If you ever let yourself get comfortable or complacent or whatever word you want to use then there will be someone out there to take your spot. I really think Arthur Blank needs to put Thomas Dimitroff and Mike Smith on notice that the status quo isn't acceptable. That's what I meant the other night when I said the Falcons problems start with Blank. But some moron thought I was saying we should get rid of Blank. SMDH.

ya_boi_j and blkbigdog35 like this

The only success we have obtained is not having a losing season since they have been here but we only have one playoff win that we almost squandered away.

The one thing I have always believed in is that if you're not getting better than you're getting worse. I'm not just talking about sports either. I'm talking about in all aspects of life. If you ever let yourself get comfortable or complacent or whatever word you want to use then there will be someone out there to take your spot. I really think Arthur Blank needs to put Thomas Dimitroff and Mike Smith on notice that the status quo isn't acceptable. That's what I meant the other night when I said the Falcons problems start with Blank. But some moron thought I was saying we should get rid of Blank. SMDH.

Totally agree that's why I stated above that the mindset has to change because if you take a realistic look at it you haven't won the games that mean something.

I wasn't as bothered by the loss to the Pats as I was to the Dolphins. I felt we dominated the Dolphins and gave it away. I realize this is a very young team in a lot of places and I expected early season growing pains. I want to see how they respond next week against the Jets and hopefully take some momentum into the bye week and play with some fire after it and get back in this thing. I think the Pats beat us pretty solidly so I hope that woke those guys up.

I wasn't as bothered by the loss to the Pats as I was to the Dolphins. I felt we dominated the Dolphins and gave it away. I realize this is a very young team in a lot of places and I expected early season growing pains. I want to see how they respond next week against the Jets and hopefully take some momentum into the bye week and play with some fire after it and get back in this thing. I think the Pats beat us pretty solidly so I hope that woke those guys up.

Yeah I wasn't even all that upset about the loss to the Patriots because I didn't really expect the Falcons to win. The Dolphins game was unacceptable.

Yeah I wasn't even all that upset about the loss to the Patriots because I didn't really expect the Falcons to win. The Dolphins game was unacceptable.

This feels like one of those years that the first part is rough, but it all starts coming together near the end. It also feels a little bit like 2009 when Peyton Manning and Brees teams were winning everything, sad to say (Seahawks being the Vikings from that year).

This feels like one of those years that the first part is rough, but it all starts coming together near the end. It also feels a little bit like 2009 when Peyton Manning and Brees teams were winning everything, sad to say (Seahawks being the Vikings from that year).

This feels like 2011 when the Falcons got off to a horrible start and never really reached their full potential that year.

This feels like 2011 when the Falcons got off to a horrible start and never really reached their full potential that year.

For the Falcons, yeah. But for what's going on around the league, it reminds me of 2009.

Well maybe it's not about starting off strong this year. Maybe with a strong finish at the end going into the playoffs. However right now it's wishful thinking but maybe it can happen if we change our mindset!

Well maybe it's not about starting off strong this year. Maybe with a strong finish at the end going into the playoffs. However right now it's wishful thinking but maybe it can happen if we change our mindset!

That's what I'm hoping for... it was Osi's idea. :P

blkbigdog35 likes this

The only success we have obtained is not having a losing season since they have been here but we only have one playoff win that we almost squandered away.

the losing season is what I'm talking about. They never really made many significant changes to the starting lineup outside of the cornerback position and dent due to them being comfortable and satisfied with what we have. The way this team has played over the years, I pretty much expected them to lose in the playoffs. Their best shot at the Super bowl was actually 08