Smith Is As Good As Gone

Psychic Gibbon

I wasn't able to watch most of the game because I had to drive through most of the second half, the last score I saw was 13-10, so I'm not that wound up since I didn't actually see how the game went down during that time but with the way this ended and the results of the past six or so games of importance I can safely say that Smith won't be around much longer. They'll probably let him ride it out until the end of the season but he isn't going to be kept around going forward. The team is too soft and passive and that is essentially how he wants the team run which has cost them repeatedly. It's been nice but the steady hand to guide a team in chaos is no longer needed. You can defend him all you want, say I'm being overly emotional (I'm not), or what have you, but he's done here. He has run his course.

Who should replace him? I'm not sure. I'd like Darrell Bevell myself at this point since I can't think of a better candidate off the top of my head right now.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't able to watch most of the game because I had to drive through most of the second half, the last score I saw was 13-10, so I'm not that wound up since I didn't actually see how the game went down during that time but with the way this ended and the results of the past six or so games of importance I can safely say that Smith won't be around much longer. They'll probably let him ride it out until the end of the season but he isn't going to be kept around going forward. The team is too soft and passive and that is essentially how he wants the team run which has cost them repeatedly. It's been nice but the steady hand to guide a team in chaos is no longer needed. You can defend him all you want, say I'm being overly emotional (I'm not), or what have you, but he's done here. He has run his course.

Who should replace him? I'm not sure. I'd like Darrell Bevell myself at this point since I can't think of a better candidate off the top of my head right now.

Smith isn't going anywhere. This team has been obliterated by injury and we have two starting rookie CBs vs Tom Brady. We have a Line that can't block and our starting RB is injured. I can't believe all this and somehow you still blame Smith.

Omg he has lost 3 games! We just HAVE to fire him! All those other wins and winning seasons? Thats obviously in the past! Thisw eek matters more than the last 5 years! /sarcasm

I hate you guys

You're missing the point. We are not consistent and Mike Smith cannot evolve with this team.

Omg he has lost 3 games! We just HAVE to fire him! All those other wins and winning seasons? Thats obviously in the past! Thisw eek matters more than the last 5 years! /sarcasm

I hate you guys

As I said, the record has something to do with it but it's not the core of the reason. When the same problems (eg. second half collapses and playing soft) are a chronic problem for years, even after a coordinator and general coaching staff shakeup, then the problem becomes clear. I've said this season is reminiscent of the 2011 season when the team was stale and stagnating and the problem was clear in the coordinators. They didn't last too long after the disappointment they wrought.

Smith just signed a new contract. He is not going anywhere.

The real problems lie in the trenches.........like we didn't see that coming.

This off season, we will not hear about being more "explosive" nor will we hear about "finishing". The new mantra will be "get big and nasty in the trenches."

If TD plays this right, the offense will have one good WR, a good RB and a great QB. The defense will move to the 3-4 with a big bad NT anchoring the line.

Edited by etherdome

This off season, we will not hear about being more "explosive" nor will we hear about "urgency". The new mantra will be "get big and nasty in the trenches."

This!

I hate you guys

One name to think about......... Marty shottenhimer. Couldn't win in the playoffs. With the talent he had. We are the 04-07 chargers!!!!!

Guest facelessman07

This off season, we will not hear about being more "explosive" nor will we hear about "urgency". The new mantra will be "get big and nasty in the trenches."

Here's a mantra-"Fvcking win the d@mn ball game"

He signed a three year extension in 2011 which is set to expire in 2014. That doesn't make him safe by any stretch.

Ryan needs to play more agressive. He keeps thinking his protection is the problem but needs to realize that he doesnt trust his reads and he is also causing break downs in plays.