Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sun3nee

Hopefully Here I Can Find A Peace Of Mind...

11 posts in this topic

I will be taking a nice vacation from the TATF cesspool. How quickly fans change face! Is there anyone who aren't fickle like the many fans on these boards? I was watching the game, and half or possibly more of all the fans left the dome (even with Ryan's strong record of 22 game winning drives in five years).

Trade Spoon, trade Roddy, fire Smithy and all these horrendous posts by these couch GMs. I really would like to know, ARE THERE ANY TRUE FANS OUT THERE?! sad.png

So Sad and dmite like this

With all due respect, it seems that the wheels may have fallen off of our season. I'm not saying it's impossible to turn this around and still end up winning another 8 games to have our 6th winning season in a row. However, it appears likely that we will miss the playoffs this year.

Injuries have certainly taken their toll. We can't even come close to imagining the impact they have truly had on the team this year. At the same time, I would expect our depth to be a little stronger.

I also have questions about Koetter and his playcalling. I'm conflicted here. Are his plays a result of bad decisions, or lack of weapons, or poor line play. I just don't know the answer. Stil, I have a questions...

With all due respect, it seems that the wheels may have fallen off of our season. I'm not saying it's impossible to turn this around and still end up winning another 8 games to have our 6th winning season in a row. However, it appears likely that we will miss the playoffs this year.

Injuries have certainly taken their toll. We can't even come close to imagining the impact they have truly had on the team this year. At the same time, I would expect our depth to be a little stronger.

I also have questions about Koetter and his playcalling. I'm conflicted here. Are his plays a result of bad decisions, or lack of weapons, or poor line play. I just don't know the answer. Stil, I have a questions...

You hit the nail on the head! I wish we could get straight answers!

I think our playcalling is fine. There's always room for improvement, but today I saw too many blown assignments on our defense. Tolo dropped an easy pass in the endzone, and even though Matty played great today, it seemed like he had to play perfect because he wasn't on point on all his passes. But the root of all these problems are the players themselves. We more than have the depth, but we are beating ourselves in these games, and the fans are definitely not helping (leaving the game extra early), especially when they need us the most. Fickle Falcon Fans :(

I think our playcalling is fine. There's always room for improvement, but today I saw too many blown assignments on our defense. Tolo dropped an easy pass in the endzone, and even though Matty played great today, it seemed like he had to play perfect because he wasn't on point on all his passes. But the root of all these problems are the players themselves. We more than have the depth, but we are beating ourselves in these games, and the fans are definitely not helping (leaving the game extra early), especially when they need us the most. Fickle Falcon Fans :(

You point out the root of the problem being players well that puts the coaches at fault for not addressing execution by putting someone in the game that will. However a lot of the fans here in Atlanta are fickle but you have some like me that hate to see this team under achieve.

I think our playcalling is fine. There's always room for improvement, but today I saw too many blown assignments on our defense. Tolo dropped an easy pass in the endzone, and even though Matty played great today, it seemed like he had to play perfect because he wasn't on point on all his passes. But the root of all these problems are the players themselves. We more than have the depth, but we are beating ourselves in these games, and the fans are definitely not helping (leaving the game extra early), especially when they need us the most. Fickle Falcon Fans sad.png

If anything, the fans leaving early should provide a desire for our players to dig even deeper. Matt missed a couple of easy throws tonight. Granted, that wasn't the only reason we lost. I don't think our players are being put in a position to be able to do their best. That is on the coaches, not the players. At the same time, our players are not taking every advantage of the times when they ARE put in the best position. We aren't consistent enough anymore. Two years ago, I wouldn't have had a doubt in my mind that we would have somehow come back from a 17-point deficit with that little time on the clock. Tonight, I honestly had already conceded the game.

blkbigdog35 likes this

I think our playcalling is fine. There's always room for improvement, but today I saw too many blown assignments on our defense. Tolo dropped an easy pass in the endzone, and even though Matty played great today, it seemed like he had to play perfect because he wasn't on point on all his passes. But the root of all these problems are the players themselves. We more than have the depth, but we are beating ourselves in these games, and the fans are definitely not helping (leaving the game extra early), especially when they need us the most. Fickle Falcon Fans sad.png

Ryan did not play great. This was one of Ryan's worst games in a long time. He missed so many easy throws.

A turnaround though not likely is not impossible, got to steal a game or two get back to .500 and take your chances. The fact is any player who quits on the team at 1-3 is a loser to begin with.