Check Out This Crazy Stat About Tds Drafting

Let's also not forget that coaching plays a huge role in the development of NFL players. We have drafted some talented D linemen that just never developed and didn't contribute.

Sounds like the old coaching alibi to me. Please stop. Name 1 DL, outside of the Beerman .Drafting talent in the trenches has never been TD's Forte

Hardly surprising given that (i) we've not spent many high picks on the either line and (ii) some of the picks like Konz haven't been in the NFL very long. A lot of those picks were 4th-7th rounders. It's tough to find pro-bowlers it that part of the draft.

Baker is our highest OL pick, and he was only the 7th OT taken that year - a 2nd rounder who we reached for after a run on OTs. On the DL, Jerry suffered a very serious knee injury that robbed him on any opportunity to become a top player.

really?

baker 1st

blaock 2nd

konz 2nd

Reynods 5th

holmes 3rd

mike johnson-3rd

thoses seem like a lot of higher picks to me on oline. dline line jerry 1st, peters 3rd, with a bunch of 4ths-7ths. i'll give dline a break but not oline on high picks.

We try to hard to look for that perfect team player. Your not going to find too many team captains, 4 year starter, Mr Nice guys who are also physically gifted and have the mean-streak needed to dominate in the lines.

Just look at Konz, I might be wrong but he was probably a 4 year starter, team captain, he's a great guy but lacks fire and physicality to truly dominate in the lines.

Teams who don't mind taking a few big uglies and letting them lose have better lines.

I believe konz was one of the weakest in the bench press at the combine too.

I believe konz was one of the weakest in the bench press at the combine too.

Do some research before sounding ignorant.

Wisconsin linemen typically do not do many reps compared to linemen from other schools.

There is a reason.

Look it up, then get back to me.

Wisconsin linemen have a very good success rate.

And partly BECAUSE they don't bench many reps.

really?

baker 1st

blaock 2nd

konz 2nd

Reynods 5th

holmes 3rd

mike johnson-3rd

thoses seem like a lot of higher picks to me on oline. dline line jerry 1st, peters 3rd, with a bunch of 4ths-7ths. i'll give dline a break but not oline on high picks.

The sad thing is, this list contains all of the high value picks we've spend on the OL since 2003. In 11 drafts, we've spend one first, two seconds, two thirds and a bunch of later picks on the OL. That's nowhere near enough on a unit that comprises 45% of our starting offense, and even then the two thirds were very late in the round.

The other thing is, when did we last add a FA O-lineman of any note? Aside from a very cheap gamble on injury riddled Vince Manuwai in 2012 and adding the odd journeymen for depth, we've done little for a decade.

As for TD, two of his 3 highest OL picks were only made in 2012, so it's still too early to say whether or not they are decent picks. The others were long shots