I Expect A Good Showing By Our Defense Tonight

Miller2Rison

our young corners showed they could play in week one against Brees, they have a couple games under their belt now. I would like to see Alford and Samuel rotate out on the end and keep Mcclain in the slot, I think we will see some Amobea looks tonight and hopefully our linebackers will wrap up and not miss tackles. My biggest concern is Decoud, if I was Tom Brady i would attack Decoud all night long bc we know he's not going to come over the top and help the corner out, that's going to be pretty much a 1 on 1 match up all night long if Decoud plays the way he has been playing. We have to get pressure on Brady, i'm expecting to see some disguised blitzes coming at Brady and so far Osi has shown to be a good pick up, if he gets double teamed hopefully our DTs can get through the middle. If we have the crowd behind us and run the defense that i know Nolan is capable of running i think we can pressure the Pats offense.

my biggest concern is Decoud.

our young corners showed they could play in week one against Brees, they have a couple games under their belt now. I would like to see Alford and Samuel rotate out on the end and keep Mcclain in the slot, I think we will see some Amobea looks tonight and hopefully our linebackers will wrap up and not miss tackles. My biggest concern is Decoud, if I was Tom Brady i would attack Decoud all night long bc we know he's not going to come over the top and help the corner out, that's going to be pretty much a 1 on 1 match up all night long if Decoud plays the way he has been playing. We have to get pressure on Brady, i'm expecting to see some disguised blitzes coming at Brady and so far Osi has shown to be a good pick up, if he gets double teamed hopefully our DTs can get through the middle. If we have the crowd behind us and run the defense that i know Nolan is capable of running i think we can pressure the Pats offense.

Spot on IF we could at least get Decoud back to last years form, I could possibly tolerate some of his missed tackles..........possibly

Tom Brady is going to have a career day against Decoud. From analyzing the games it is painfully obvious that passing to the middle of our field will result in a completion. We cant stop passes to the middle of our defense. We can cover the corners, edges, but not the middle. Tom Brady makes his living hitting the slot wr crossing the middle. That wont change tonight.

Tom Brady is going to have a career day against Decoud. From analyzing the games it is painfully obvious that passing to the middle of our field will result in a completion. We cant stop passes to the middle of our defense. We can cover the corners, edges, but not the middle. Tom Brady makes his living hitting the slot wr crossing the middle. That wont change tonight.

Hopefully coach Nolan will read these words of wisdom and plan accordingly.ph34r.png

I'd rather Alford and McClain rotate out in the slot. McClain has been picked on and given up some key 3rd down would be stops. Alford can man the slot a little tighter. Switching Samuel and Alford will still leave McClain as the target to attack and it's been working. Asante is less likely to be targeted. Put Alford on the outside and Brady will try him. McClain has also been missing the press whenever he was in bump n run. Alford has played a little better in that area as well. They didn't switch Samuel and Alford against Mia and it resulted in Wallace only having 2 catches and those were made away from Samuel in the middle of the field, which indicates the slot, lb, or a safety allowed the catch in his zone. Agree about Decoud but he usually shines when the lights are the brightest. We play so much zone it's not about Decoud helping a corner because a wr has been released to the safeties zone. You'd get more safety help in man.

I will believe it when I see it. This defense going back to last year lives on turnovers and can't stop any one when needed.

It's like they switched places. Last year we couldn't stop the run, this year we can. 3rd down is terrible. I say throw situation out the window on 3rd sometimes and get in wr's faces and press them or reroute them on 3rd and short. Everybody has been throwing quick slants on 3rd and short while the corners are off. I hate that. Die hard is my mindset. Make them beat you. Don't give it to them.

It's like they switched places. Last year we couldn't stop the run, this year we can. 3rd down is terrible. I say throw situation out the window on 3rd sometimes and get in wr's faces and press them or reroute them on 3rd and short. Everybody has been throwing quick slants on 3rd and short while the corners are off. I hate that. Die hard is my mindset. Make them beat you. Don't give it to them.

Amen bro, Falcons gave up least amount of TD in air last year and it was run d which was a problem. Now they gave up 7 TD in the air compared to 12-13 TD last year. Third down defense needs to be fixed, every game its a different guy who is making those mistakes.

Amen bro, Falcons gave up least amount of TD in air last year and it was run d which was a problem. Now they gave up 7 TD in the air compared to 12-13 TD last year. Third down defense needs to be fixed, every game its a different guy who is making those mistakes.

Making way too many mental errors. Youth and vets. I do believe we will get it together tho. We half to.

you gotta expect our rookie corners to get beat, the problem is our safeties (mainly decoud) arent helping them out in coverage.

Our rookie corners are playing really well. I think they'll be the difference in this game. Play sticky coverage on the receivers that NE picked up off the street and bring some heat to throw Brady off his game.

Please please let asante play some free safety tonight. He knows brady and him roaming the field and backing up the rookies would be a beast of a secondary. Atleast on obvious passing downs.

Ps this defense needs to stop celebrating so much in the first and second quarter and getting full of they self. Celebrate when you stop them in the late 3rd and 4th quarter

you gotta expect our rookie corners to get beat, the problem is our safeties (mainly decoud) arent helping them out in coverage.

The rookies haven't been getting beat much. McClain has. Decoud may have other responsibilities. He just doesn't make the call to help or not help. If it's a blitz he won't be helping. If he's to cover the TE he won't be helping. Plus he plays on Asante's side so he doesn't need help all the time anyway. If you need help to cover underneath routes that's a problem. The rooks are making switch mistakes in zones from what i've seen, which is part of the learning curve, but those are fixable. Once they get on page with the safeties things will smooth out.

Please please let asante play some free safety tonight. He knows brady and him roaming the field and backing up the rookies would be a beast of a secondary. Atleast on obvious passing downs.

Ps this defense needs to stop celebrating so much in the first and second quarter and getting full of they self. Celebrate when you stop them in the late 3rd and 4th quarter

That grinds my gears. It would be different if you didn't know they were gonna blow a 20 pt lead in the next 3 hrs. I also hate when guys celebrate a first down.... You got 10 yards... Big fricken deal! You get paid 3 million dollars a year you should be able to get 10 yards. Get in the **** end zone!