Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

2014 Cap

6 posts in this topic

jason la canfora said the projected cap is 127 mil next year (what teams think it will be)

Right now We are at around 117 mil in cap space... Once Tony G leaves the cap we will be at around 110 mil of cap space (around 17 mil of cap space) ... If we carry over the 3+ mil of cap room we have now that 20 mil of cap space...

Thats not including a possible 2 mil if we release Nic... (I dont think it will happen) A Asante will bring us 5+ mil of cap space...

My point is with our Top 3 DT's being FA...I want to see will coach Nolan want to go down the same street or will we rebuild the D-Line.. It looks like some impact guys like Michael Johnson, Michael Bennett, and Greg Hardy will hit FA ... Also with the deep potential D-Line draft .

If the cap is 127M next year, I have the team at 112.3M committed to the cap right now. Cutting Nicholas would free up 2M. Currently, the Falcons have 4M in carryover. Would bring them to around 18-19M under the cap. Bring back Peters and Babineaux. Won't be that expensive.

Shuswap likes this

If the cap is 127M next year, I have the team at 112.3M committed to the cap right now. Cutting Nicholas would free up 2M. Currently, the Falcons have 4M in carryover. Would bring them to around 18-19M under the cap. Bring back Peters and Babineaux. Won't be that expensive.

Yup... Im getting my numbers from

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/atlanta-falcons-salary-cap-outlook-top-defensive-tackles-161037591.html

Long-Term Cash/Cap Outlook: Assuming Ryan's cap number in 2014 is in the $15 million range (an estimate that is based on recent quarterback contracts, including a few negotiated by Ryan's agent), the "Top 51" players the Falcons have signed for 2014 account for around $115 million in salary cap commitments. That figure includes an $8.75 million cap charge for Tony Gonzalez, who is taking a "year-by-year" approach to the end of his Hall of Fame career. If Gonzalez hangs up the cleats and starts his Hall of Fame clock, the Falcons will pick up $7 million in cap space. That decision will likely be made before a $3 million roster bonus is due on the third day of the league year. The Falcons will also be carrying $3.1 million in signing bonus acceleration on their 2014 cap after designating Tyson Clabo as a "post-June 1" release.

He did this before the Matt Ryan numbers came out so add 2.5 mil (he has matt number at 15 mil but its 17.5 mil) to that 115 mil (117.5 mil) ... Then take away Tony's 7 mil .... 110.5 .... The NFL Players website has our cap right now (that we can carry over) at $3,500,879.00 ...... Add in nic 2 mil...

We could be above 20 mil

Thanks you two. Y'all know y'alls stuff on cap. Thanks

I wonder when we'll resign Julio. His contract expires in 2015, doesn't it?

I'm not sure we'll resign Babs. I like him, but I think we'll try and get cheaper in. He'll be 32 and, while the lines aren't necessarily what we SHOULD try and be cheap on, I think that we will.

I wonder when we'll resign Julio. His contract expires in 2015, doesn't it?

Yes and no.. As of now it expires in 2015 but after his 3rd year (after this year) ... Its a option of a 5th year we could exercise... That 5th year Julio salary would equal the average of the top 10 WR's..... He will get a contract before that tho