Kemal Ishmael

Bundini Brown

I can't recall which member said it (my apologies), but someone entertained the idea of benching DeCoud in favor of Ishmael. And after doing a bit of research on some of his stats, the idea began to sound like a good one.

DeCoud hasn't caught an interception so far this season, and as much as I like the guy, his bad angles annoy me now more than ever. I wouldnt mind kemal being not-so-good in coverage if it means him coming up and tackling the ball carrier.

What say you all?

Brady would tear up Ishmael i would think. DeCoud may miss some tackles here and there, but he is a veteran safety and at times can be a pretty good ball hawk. I am a fan of Ishmael and i like the way he hits, but I don't know if i want him starting over DeCoud in this game. I could live with rotating him in some though.

This all the way. Ishmael looked lost in preseason at times. He CAN actually tackle but for those that think loading our D up with rooks just sound ignorant.

Let the kid learn the NFl game before we crown him.

Btw Ish was my favorite pick in the late rounds. Give him time.

Its kinda semantics at the safety spot right? I would rather have Ishmael or Motta out there than Decoud on the majority of downs.

I cant even say I want DeCoud on 3rd downs, because although his range is probably better than both, and he has a ton more experience, his propensity to routinely miss tackles against....um...everybody is an extreme liability.

You might as well trot out 10 defenders with the way he is currently playing.