Just Reviewed The Bucs @ Patriots 092213 Game

A few quick observations:

-Their Oline is good. Brady was rarely under pressure. When he was he usually avoided the pressure by sliding in the pocket. One of the best at it. To me the only one better is Brees.

-Their run game is limited. They basically run shotgun draws and a stretch play off tackle. They gashed the Bucs on a couple of those. We've been playing good run defense but we're susceptible to big runs with our shoddy tackling.

-They run a lot of 4 and 5 wides. Throw mostly slant and in routes. Almost everything is in the middle. Nolan might need to run some zone blitzes and amoeba and try to trick Brady with some zone drops in the middle. We will need four or five corners tomorrow. Asante needs to play.

-Their defense is playing well. They're running mostly 4-3 and 4-2 nickel. They will blitz and can get pressure on average Olines. I think you can run on them though. A game plan like the one we ran in MIA could work if we finish in the red zone.

-We better not lose this game. If we do our playoff hopes could get dicey. Trust me.

I've always wondered why the Pats aren't easier to defend I mean the only time I see them getting anyone deep is out of the slot or at TE down the seam they don't have deep speed on the outside so that should enable teams to compress the field and get physical with there WRer's and TE's at the line.

Brady is great no doubt and the line in front of him is really good also.

I would have thought with the ability we have to cover with man we'd be able to go after him well thats my thoughts on it anyway's.

-Their Oline is good. Brady was rarely under pressure. When he was he usually avoided the pressure by sliding in the pocket. One of the best at it. To me the only one better is Brees.

-Their run game is limited. They basically run shotgun draws and a stretch play off tackle. They gashed the Bucs on a couple of those. We've been playing good run defense but we're susceptible to big runs with our shoddy tackling.

-They run a lot of 4 and 5 wides. Throw mostly slant and in routes. Almost everything is in the middle. Nolan might need to run some zone blitzes and amoeba and try to trick Brady with some zone drops in the middle. We will need four or five corners tomorrow. Asante needs to play.

-Their defense is playing well. They're running mostly 4-3 and 4-2 nickel. They will blitz and can get pressure on average Olines. I think you can run on them though. A game plan like the one we ran in MIA could work if we finish in the red zone.

-We better not lose this game. If we do our playoff hopes could get dicey. Trust me.

Credit when its due. Good post.

Talib has played well but so has Dennard. Kyle Arrington is a solid CB as well when he plays the slot (but horrible on the outside.) Chandler Jones has been getting to the QB with some frequency. Tommy Kelly has been a good addition. And Rob Ninkovich is a playmaker, We're really excited about our D this year and very interested to see how we fare against a good Falcons offense.

-Their defense is playing well. They're running mostly 4-3 and 4-2 nickel. They will blitz and can get pressure on average O-lines. I think you can run on them though. A game plan like the one we ran in MIA could work if we finish in the red zone.

Like ours. dry.png

I've always wondered why the Pats aren't easier to defend I mean the only time I see them getting anyone deep is out of the slot or at TE down the seam they don't have deep speed on the outside so that should enable teams to compress the field and get physical with there WRer's and TE's at the line.

I would have thought with the ability we have to cover with man we'd be able to go after him well thats my thoughts on it anyway's.

probably because the deep ball is kinda over rated when you have a good team.

The best in the league at sliding in the pocket to avoid pressure is Andrew Luck. Brees can have second place, nobody is better at that than Luck.

Their defense is great, Brady's OL was crap except against the Bucs. I am worried about their RB and WR in space, they love to get the ball to them in open space. I still have the nightmare of Willy Mo trying to chase Sproles and MIA receivers abusing McClain and our LB. Hope they can tackle and please bench DeCoud if he misses even one tackle.

lol. bucs d isn't better. pats have struggled against horrible teams.

I'm all for being a homer but really? Bucs actually have a solid Defense this year. They shut down Brees for 59 minutes week 2. If they had offense to back them up Tampa would be on top of the division right now. Now we are up against a very good Patriot defense plus a Brady led offense that started to click last week. I just don't see a very good outcome.

I have watched all the Patriot games this year. The Jets and Bills almost beat them. They have as many injuries as we do to key players. The domefield advantage will be in full effect. We won't lose two in a row. Trust me..... P.S. "The Bucs," are really bad.

Edited by James Pinkham

I have watched all the Patriot games this year. The Jets and Bills almost beat them. They have as many injuries as we do to key players. The domefield advantage will be in full effect. We won't lose two in a row. Trust me..... P.S. "The Bucs," are really bad.

That defense is tops this year and the offense almost put up 30 points against a stiff Tampa defense rather easily

Dobson is a strider with deep speed in the low 4.4's. He also didnt drop a pass his senior season. He needs significant improvement in route running, but is a valid downfield threat that is 6'3.

Boyce is a thickly built, 5'11 guy that will work some out of the slot. He was top 10 in practically every category at the combine, running a 4.38 to boot. He also had over 15 YPC in college because of his work in the open field once he caught the pass. Less of a strider and gets to top speed quickly.

Lets just say, either receiver are valid downfield threats, one is more of a Meachem/Jordy Nelson kinda build, and the other has shades of Harvin.