Gronk And Amendola

apl2g

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Bill talking about injuries in his monday press conference this week.

Q: How close was Rob Gronkowski to playing yesterday?

BB: I don’t know. He was inactive.

Q: Did he have a shot to play?

BB: He was inactive.

Q: Going into the day, was there a chance he’d play?

BB: He was inactive for the game.

Q: What about Danny Amendola?

BB: He was inactive too.

Q: I know they were inactive.

BB: They were inactive so they didn’t play.

Q: I think you have an idea how close they were.

BB: Well, they weren’t able to play. What do you want, percentage points? They couldn’t play.

Q: Going into the day, did you know they couldn’t play?

BB: They were inactive.

Q: That doesn’t answer my question.

BB: They were inactive, it’s as simple as that.

True you avoid surgery but it takes longer to heal and it s no guarantee you'll perform the same

Do you know anything about the injury or are you just making it up that "it takes longer to heal"?

http://sports.yahoo....-211510361.html

"Doctors often treat chronic groin pain by snipping the adductor longus – one of the muscles in the groin – from the pubic bone. Since Amendola's tendon ruptured, he essentially did the doctors' work for them, eliminating the need for surgery during the season. It also means he has a faster recovery time than if he had a groin operation."

Edited by Clark Kent™

Do you know anything about the injury or are you just making it up that "it takes longer to heal"?

http://sports.yahoo....-211510361.html

"Doctors often treat chronic groin pain by snipping the adductor longus – one of the muscles in the groin – from the pubic bone. Since Amendola's tendon ruptured, he essentially did the doctors' work for them, eliminating the need for surgery during the season. It also means he has a faster recovery time than if he had a groin operation."

Have you ever played sports and torn a groin or know anyone who has. I for one don't believe everything I read on the internet.

Have you ever played sports and torn a groin or know anyone who has. I for one don't believe everything I read on the internet.

I have personally never torn a groin but i know people who have and have also read up alot on the injury when it happened. Have you ever played sports and torn a groin or know anyone who has? Clearly not.

And the fact of the matter is that he is going to heal faster because he tore it. As the links suggested. If you want me to find more then I can. Or if you want to try to say "i dont believe everything I read" to make yourself feel better then fine. Every other link says otherwise but if you refuse to believe then thats on you.

Edited by Clark Kent™

From NFL.com:

"...The Patriots have listed tight end Rob Gronkowski and wide receiver Danny Amendola as questionable for Sunday night's game against the Atlanta Falcons, but that tag doesn't mean much coming from New England.

We'll know much more when the Patriots fly south Saturday. NFL Media's Albert Breer correctly points out that New England "doesn't travel guys who don't have a shot to play."

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport noted Friday that Week 4, all along, was the target date New England pointed to for Gronk's return, but there's been no decision yet...."

Be interesting to see who makes the trip.

I have personally never torn a groin but i know people who have and have also read up alot on the injury when it happened. Have you ever played sports and torn a groin or know anyone who has? Clearly not.

And the fact of the matter is that he is going to heal faster because he tore it. As the links suggested. If you want me to find more then I can. Or if you want to try to say "i dont believe everything I read" to make yourself feel better then fine. Every other link says otherwise but if you refuse to believe then thats on you.

we are all on the same side people

The Boston Herald reports there is a "disagreement" between the Patriots and Rob Gronkowski's (questionable, back/arm) camp on whether he is ready to play in football games.

Per the Herald's Jeff Howe, the Patriots "believe Gronkowski is healthy enough" to make his season debut Sunday night. Meanwhile, Gronk and his agent are "wary about returning too soon," especially after he returned early from a fractured forearm last year, only to re-break it in the playoffs. The "divide" has reportedly been ongoing since training camp, when the Pats thought Gronkowski could be back by Week 2, while Gronk's camp "was eyeing a target date closer to Week 6." We tentatively expect some clarification on Gronk's availability by tonight, when the Patriots announce which "questionable" players have made the trip to Atlanta.

The Boston Herald reports there is a "disagreement" between the Patriots and Rob Gronkowski's (questionable, back/arm) camp on whether he is ready to play in football games.

Per the Herald's Jeff Howe, the Patriots "believe Gronkowski is healthy enough" to make his season debut Sunday night. Meanwhile, Gronk and his agent are "wary about returning too soon," especially after he returned early from a fractured forearm last year, only to re-break it in the playoffs. The "divide" has reportedly been ongoing since training camp, when the Pats thought Gronkowski could be back by Week 2, while Gronk's camp "was eyeing a target date closer to Week 6." We tentatively expect some clarification on Gronk's availability by tonight, when the Patriots announce which "questionable" players have made the trip to Atlanta.

Don't be surprised if he makes the trip. Not that he'll play, just more of the chess match with Belicheck.

It doesn't matter who is injured because the power running game of Stevan Ridley, Brandon Bolden, and LeGarrette Blount will be used. They can do that as well as anybody in the NFL still, whats laughable is that people forget that and Atlanta's run defense has not been very good. All three of those guys are very talented and capable of exploding any Sunday.

It doesn't matter who is injured because the power running game of Stevan Ridley, Brandon Bolden, and LeGarrette Blount will be used. They can do that as well as anybody in the NFL still, whats laughable is that people forget that and Atlanta's run defense has not been very good. All three of those guys are very talented and capable of exploding any Sunday.

Bad run defense?

Screenshot_42.png

Have you watched any Falcons games this season?