Interesting Statistic I Came Across

Miller2Rison

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA that does not mean squat!!! The Falcons were 43-1 going into the 4th quarter with a lead. They lost to Miami and now they are 43-2.

Here's an interesting fact for you. Last year no team that had a record of 1-3 (6 teams last year) made the playoffs. This is a bigger game Sunday for the Falcons!

HAHAHA that does not mean squat!!! The Falcons were 43-1 going into the 4th quarter with a lead. They lost to Miami and now they are 43-2.

Here's an interesting fact for you. Last year no team that had a record of 1-3 (6 teams last year) made the playoffs. This is a bigger game Sunday for the Falcons!

Yet somehow this means squat???

Yet somehow this means squat???

It should mean something to the Falcons. Can you tell me the last time Smitty beat the Patriots?? Well let me he has never beaten the Patriots. As a matter of fact the last time the Falcons beat the Patriots was in 1998. So lets recap, Patriots have beaten the Falcons in 2001, 2005, 2009.

LOL, we might not make it to week 9 or 10 thats why they should be playing like their hair is on fire!

Yea, I know.

I'm just saying that just the 1st 3 weeks is not a huge deal compared to the next 13 games. Some teams will prove to be legit, some that have had good success will fall back, and some that have struggled so far will get it together.

The coarse of the season has just started and has a good amount of time to play out

It should mean something to the Falcons. Can you tell me the last time Smitty beat the Patriots?? Well let me he has never beaten the Patriots. As a matter of fact the last time the Falcons beat the Patriots was in 1998. So lets recap, Patriots have beaten the Falcons in 2001, 2005, 2009.

So the hail what! Thats why you play the game...All the more reason we win #overdue

Wha? lol

Now I am even more curious. What would you prefer?

Idk I just don't like the name. Falcons. Really? That's the best we could come up with? I just wish we had something that had more to do with history like many other teams have. I hate names that are just names to try and sound cool. But yea you are right I probably should have made a better username back when I made this. Wasn't thinking it would make me sound like a ****. Oh well.

I was reminded of an old thread.

Atlanta Falcons-The name Falcons was suggested by Julia Elliott (1909-1990) a high school teacher from Griffin, Georgia who won a contest in 1965. Though 40 other contestants had also suggested the name, Elliott wrote in an essay, “The falcon is proud and dignified, with great courage and fight. It never drops its prey. It’s deadly and has a great sporting tradition.” Among the many suggested names were the Knights, Bombers, Rebels, Crackers, Thrashers, Lancers, Firebirds, Fireballs and Thunderbirds.

I was reminded of an old thread.

Ok that does make it sound a lot better and it could be worse like the Seahawks? Wtf is a Seahawk. Idk why but bird names just irk me and of course all ATL teams happen to be birds except the braves. Just my luck. I names like the Steelers, 49ers, Ravens, Patriots and yes even Buccaneers and Saints. They all have to do with the area they are from.

Ok that does make it sound a lot better and it could be worse like the Seahawks? Wtf is a Seahawk. Idk why but bird names just irk me and of course all ATL teams happen to be birds except the braves. Just my luck. I names like the Steelers, 49ers, Ravens, Patriots and yes even Buccaneers and Saints. They all have to do with the area they are from.

Take solace in knowing we aren't the Atlanta Crackers. unsure.png