Why Does Everybody Hate Akeem Dent?

I'm not saying the guy is a superstar... but seriously, what's with the hate? Literally every thread about the D is calling for him to be cut, benched, traded (lol), and so on. As is, he's a pretty serviceable MLB who, before Spoon's injury, played about 40% of the snaps. He even had a pretty solid game last week.

He's making 625k this year and 725k next year. That's a bargain for a player of his caliber.

Again... not saying he's amazing. Below average starter probably. But, he isn't as bad as some people seem to believe he is.

Edited by Creative
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying the guy is a superstar... but seriously, what's with the hate? Literally every thread about the D is calling for him to be cut, benched, traded (lol), and so on. As is, he's a pretty serviceable MLB who, before Spoon's injury, played about 40% of the snaps. He even had a pretty solid game last week.

He's making 625k this year and 725k next year. That's a bargain for a player of his caliber.

Again... not saying he's amazing. Below average starter probably. But, he isn't as bad as some people seem to believe he is.

We don't have good linebackers other than spoon when he is healthy. I don't care what he earns I want a linebacker that can make plays at the line and cover the TE

He should be a bench role player. Terrible as an every down player

He is a good 2 down LB.

Someone posted the stats about him as a rush LB. He is pretty good at it. He just isnt utilized properly right now. Im not blaming him or the coaches for that. It has more to do with injuries.

Dent isnt going to cover anyone down field. That isn't his game, but I will say on that Colston TD he wasnt in awful position. Brees made a great throw. People want some stud LB that can shed blockers, completely lock down TE and WRs, and get to the QB. Kind of how people will dog a QB unless he is 100% elite. Some people think Pro Bowlers grow on trees.

He is a good 2 down LB.

Someone posted the stats about him as a rush LB. He is pretty good at it. He just isnt utilized properly right now. Im not blaming him or the coaches for that. It has more to do with injuries.

Dent isnt going to cover anyone down field. That isn't his game, but I will say on that Colston TD he wasnt in awful position. Brees made a great throw. People want some stud LB that can shed blockers, completely lock down TE and WRs, and get to the QB. Kind of how people will dog a QB unless he is 100% elite. Some people think Pro Bowlers grow on trees.

Yep. There aren't many 3 down LBs in the NFL.

Yep. There aren't many 3 down LBs in the NFL.

Especially 4-3 MLBs. I would love to see a list of 4-3 MLBs that can do all the things Falcon fans want. And then you have to realize that you are basing your opinions mostly on highlights of other teams while Dent is getting critiqued on 100% of his snaps. If you did that to other MLBs, people wouldnt be very happy.

Four posts and I'm reminded why I stopped coming on here.

So, lemme see if I got this right. You come in here with this pretentious, holier-than-thou, smarmy post trashing everybody who doesn't feel like worshiping at the feet of a second-rate, two-down LB who is the worst coverage LB in the NFL, but that's okay because you happen to think he's "serviceable" and "decent" in coverage? Maybe you didn't stay away long enough.

So, lemme see if I got this right. You come in here with this pretentious, holier-than-thou, smarmy post trashing everybody who doesn't feel like worshiping at the feet of a second-rate, two-down LB who is the worst coverage LB in the NFL, but that's okay because you happen to think he's "serviceable" and "decent" in coverage? Maybe you didn't stay away long enough.

lol

Because he gave up the biggest play and TD on the game winning TD drive of MIA.

It was nic who gave up the TD and 59(Bartu i believe)who gave up the big 3rd down conversion which would have forced the dolphins to kick a 51 yard FG Dent wasn't even on the field. And on the play we did give up a TD we were out scheme As the dolphins had a huge mix match with Bartu outside covering Hartline man to man.

And for the fan who only watched the game once Or is to lazy to watch the all 22. I've watched it numerous times it was wirlliow and Bartu who played the entire last drive until the goal line formation.

if its one guy that needs to be cut or benched its Decoud he plan sucks he can't cover he takes poor angles and isn't tackling McClain's a close second he's giving up a lot of big plays but he is always around the ball and for the most part is tackling all though he had a costly miss tackle on the last drive but still I'd kind of give him some what of a pass.

Dent has been down right awesome as a two down player and alright as a 3down player.

Because he gave up the biggest play and TD on the game winning TD drive of MIA.

Wrong..... That was Nicholas flailing around out there on that final RZ TD pass. Where was the safety help ?

That is the other question.

No Dent hate really, we just need addition by subtraction on passing downs.

Edited by Common Sense

Wrong..... That was Nicholas flailing around out there on that final RZ TD pass. Where was the safety help ?

That is the other question.

No Dent hate really, we just need addition by subtraction on passing downs.

It was LB screwing up in the end, Bartu gave up a 21 yard completion followed by a 7yard play which placed the ball at 1 yard line. Bartu is the flavor of the month here but he struggled in the last game.