Food Blasphemy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if you put mayonnaise on anything you make, I'm going to conjure everything bad in this world to torment your family. I don't know who thought it was cool to just start throwing the mayo demon seed on ****, but we're watching you. We know you exist now. Sleep tight.

You just stole my thunder............. I was going to rant about Mayo!

Also, if you put mayonnaise on anything you make, I'm going to conjure everything bad in this world to torment your family. I don't know who thought it was cool to just start throwing the mayo demon seed on ****, but we're watching you. We know you exist now. Sleep tight.

There is nothing edible in this world that can't be improved with sugar or mayo.

Guest Regular Guy

Steaks I cook to Medium as well as burgers, As some of you may know, I piddle around with cooking/smoking things just about any given day. My Son is a culinary student and I have learned some things from him as he's THE MAN in the indoor kitchen. With that said, I simply can't do a rare steak. Medium rare is doable but I prefer medium. I can cook a medium steak or a burger to medium and it will be seared on the outside and juicy inside, case in point :

manly05.jpg

manly06.jpg

These were Sirloins that I marinate in beer then apply a steak rub that I make and grill over 700 degree coals. Although the steak looks closer to Med Rare, it was cooked to 140° (between med rare and med) and pulled off the grill to rest. As it rests it rises in temp to Medium 145° due to carry over heat.

Then, you have brisket which I smoke until it reaches and internal temp of 197°!! This is done to break down connective tissue/collagen so despite it being very well done, it comes out juicy (as you can see by the juice on the cutting board) and very flavorful.

flat03.jpg

Although none of this is Food Blasphemy, it did give me a chance to make some of you hungry LOL

I guess I CAN give you a bit of blasphemy here. Even though I make a great steak, I DO like steak sauce on my steak. It's not that the steak is in need of it, I just happen to LIKE the taste of A1 on steaks and roasts, sometimes even Heinz 57! BLASPHEMER that I am, I am not ashamed ;)