I'm Coming For You And You

SaintRay

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. Wow. We all know it was the exact opposite last year when he joined the Saints after talking about joining a SB contender and then got on aboard a train wreck of a season while we were the last undefeated team in the NFL and 10 yards away from a SB.

falcons-vest.png

lol. Wow. We all know it was the exact opposite last year when he joined the Saints after talking about joining a SB contender and then got on aboard a train wreck of a season while we were the last undefeated team in the NFL and 10 yards away from a SB.

You guys need to let the 10 yards go man....you either played in the big game or you didn't. Another way to look at it was the SB was in NOLA, so you were 450 miles away from it.

I'm not disputing anything you've said but God **** I love that 10 yards away thing. laugh.png

You guys need to let the 10 yards go man....you either played in the big game or you didn't. Another way to look at it was the SB was in NOLA, so you were 450 miles away from it.

This is irrelevant. Guy says he wants to play for Super Bowl Contender. Goes to losing team. His former team went to the NFC Championship Game and lost a close game the same year. That's Super Bowl contention. Didn't say we played in the big game. 7-9 is nowhere near being a Super Bowl contender. How can you guys not get that?

This is irrelevant. Guy says he wants to play for Super Bowl Contender. Goes to losing team. His former team went to the NFC Championship Game and lost a close game the same year. That's Super Bowl contention. Didn't say we played in the big game. 7-9 is nowhere near being a Super Bowl contender. How can you guys not get that?

Why do you think Goodell gave him the heads up?

I could see your point if he had left for the Jags.

This is irrelevant. Guy says he wants to play for Super Bowl Contender. Goes to losing team. His former team went to the NFC Championship Game and lost a close game. That's Super Bowl contention. Didn't say we played in the big game. 7-9 is nowhere near being a Super Bowl contender. How can you guys not get that?

Last year wasn't a regular year, we lost all our coaches. Now let's compare Mike Smiths and Sean Payton's postseason record. How about if Seattle takes one of the many chipshot FGs they passed up or they didn't schedule the game for 10am Seattle time that had the west coast team sleepwalking half the game. They were actually just a Carrol decision to just kick a FG away from not even having the one postseason win in 6 years.

Why do you think Goodell gave him the heads up?

I could see your point if he had left for the Jags.

The fact that he went to a team that was supposed to be good and who he thought were Super Bowl contenders while dissing his former team that actually contended is funnier to me, but hey what do I know. He wouldn't have even said that in the first place if he were going to the Jags.

Last year wasn't a regular year, we lost all our coaches.

That doesn't matter! My point still stands. laugh.png Funny how you guys just have to be right on this. Lofton talked up your team then they laid an egg on him while the Falcons made him look like a fool. That's all there is to it.

Now let's compare Mike Smiths and Sean Payton's postseason record. How about if Seattle takes one of the many chipshot FGs they passed up or they didn't schedule the game for 10am Seattle time that had the west coast team sleepwalking half the game. They were actually just a Carrol decision to just kick a FG away from not even having the one postseason win in 6 years.

The Saints were actually just a lucky onside recover away from not even having one Super Bowl win in 46 years.

The fact that he went to a team that was supposed to be good and who he thought were Super Bowl contenders while dissing his former team that actually contended is funnier to me, but hey what do I know. He wouldn't have even said that in the first place if he were going to the Jags.

Well looking to the future, we are getting a preview of Falcons without superstar talent for Ryan to throw to. With no Gonzales, White possible being a cap casualty, Jackson not starting so great and not looking so durable as the RB with more miles on him than any other RB in league and Julio yet to be healthy a full year, the future doesn't seem to be pointing up for Falcons right now. On other hand, there is tons of young talent on Saints and Graham improving evey year. We got guys going into the peak of their careers and a lot of Falcons key players are at end of their, Falcons blew their best chance last year.

That doesn't matter! My point still stands. laugh.png Funny how you guys just have to be right on this. Lofton talked up your team then they laid an egg on him while the Falcons made him look like a fool. That's all there is to it.

The Saints were actually just a lucky onside recover away from not even having one Super Bowl win in 46 years.

When you say made Lofton look like a fool when he shut down White from a key catch to extend the drive on 3rd down and one of the best players on last years awful defense.

Funny, I missed the part where we won by one score that came off that onside kick?

Edited by Big A

Well looking to the future, we are getting a preview of Falcons without superstar talent for Ryan to throw to. With no Gonzales, White possible being a cap casualty, Jackson not starting so great and not looking so durable as the RB with more miles on him than any other RB in league and Julio yet to be healthy a full year, the future doesn't seem to be pointing up for Falcons right now. On other hand, there is tons of young talent on Saints and Graham improving evey year. We got guys going into the peak of their careers and a lot of Falcons key players are at end of their, Falcons blew their best chance last year.

Thanks for your irrelevant prognostications Nostradamus. Ryan will be fine without elite players catching all his footballs. He's done it in the past, he's doing it now. What you're seeing right now is Ryan without an O-line or reliable run-game.

When you say made Lofton look like a fool when he shut down White from a key catch to extend the drive on 3rd down and one of the best players on last years awful defense.

Funny, I missed the part where we won by one score that came off that onside kick?

There's no telling how the rest of the game goes if you don't recover and Peyton scores another 7 with great field position. Similarly, you don't know who wins the divisional playoff game last year if X or Y happens. Anyone can play that silly hypothetical what-if game you're playing. Funny, whenever the Saints beat us we're beat by the better team and out-coached. Whenever we beat and out-coach an opponent we're just super-lucky and won a game we apparently shouldn't have.

How about if Seattle takes one of the many chipshot FGs they passed up or they didn't schedule the game for 10am Seattle time that had the west coast team sleepwalking half the game. They were actually just a Carrol decision to just kick a FG away from not even having the one postseason win in 6 years.

Is this really being presented as a possible reason why a team might lose a playoff game? Sleepwalking?

I must have missed the part where Lofton was signed to a one year contract. When he signed the Saints were at the time SB contenders, that's not even debatable. The Saints then loss their HC, one of their interim coaches, their GM, and proceeded to have A losing record. Fast forward to this season, with his HC back, and new defense, lo and behold the Saints are SB contenders again (at least for now). Oh and BTW, Lofton is still 2-1 against his former team, so he at least has that going for him..... right?

Thanks for your irrelevant prognostications Nostradamus. Ryan will be fine without elite players catching all his footballs. He's done it in the past, he's doing it now. What you're seeing right now is Ryan without an O-line or reliable run-game.

There's no telling how the rest of the game goes if you don't recover and Peyton scores another 7 with great field position. Similarly, you don't know who wins the divisional playoff game last year if X or Y happens. Anyone can play that silly hypothetical what-if game you're playing. Funny, whenever the Saints beat us we're beat by the better team and out-coached. Whenever we beat and out-coach an opponent we're just super-lucky and won a game we apparently shouldn't have.

Truer words were never spoken...But Hey Jack, WFW is just sayin'

xJimBrown_RaquelWelch_1.jpg,qitok=VTsqnVQA.pagespeed.ic._lIPQ78X7F.jpg

Is this really being presented as a possible reason why a team might lose a playoff game? Sleepwalking?

Actually many of the experts and players brought up how players bodies get used to a certain schedule of play and can be affected by the earlier time. It's not anything I came up with, many mentioned it prior to game and it was even mentioned during game as the Seahawks cam out flat and looking nothing like the second half team. Still, they had multiple opportunities to kick a FG and take easy points, by Carrol was worried about lead by Falcons and decided to go for it an failed.

So basically if y'all want to play the what if they had more plays to try to make the go ahead TD against SF, then what if Carrol does what most coaches would do and take the points from 99% sure chipshot FG's.

Actually many of the experts and players brought up how players bodies get used to a certain schedule of play and can be affected by the earlier time. It's not anything I came up with, many mentioned it prior to game and it was even mentioned during game as the Seahawks cam out flat and looking nothing like the second half team. Still, they had multiple opportunities to kick a FG and take easy points, by Carrol was worried about lead by Falcons and decided to go for it an failed.

So basically if y'all want to play the what if they had more plays to try to make the go ahead TD against SF, then what if Carrol does what most coaches would do and take the points from 99% sure chipshot FG's.

The Seahawks flew in several days in advance and even practiced in our stadium. They weren't suffering from jet-lag during the game or anything. And that's rich, because no team looks the same against us in the first and second halves. This team has a problem giving up leads and not playing up to par in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

And the Seahawks didn't have multiple opportunities to kick field goals...They went for it on fourth down once and got stuffed. Another time Wilson was sacked in the red zone with no timeouts left before the half. Seattle got beat that day plain and simple.