Spoons Future With The Team.

ya_boi_j

Want your realistic opinions about him. I know the most obvious choice will be cut nicholas next season and install bartu there and install worrilow in the middle.

My question is what do we do with spoon when it's his turn to get a new deal. Would you keep him or let him walk. I know he probably considers himself one of the best in the game but he's not and he's injury prone. I don't even think he has finished a full season since being drafted.

Would you give him a big deal or let him walk and fill his spot with an emerging bartu(I know likely to take nicholas job) or draft someone else.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want your realistic opinions about him. I know the most obvious choice will be cut nicholas next season and install bartu there and install worrilow in the middle.

My question is what do we do with spoon when it's his turn to get a new deal. Would you keep him or let him walk. I know he probably considers himself one of the best in the game but he's not and he's injury prone. I don't even think he has finished a full season since being drafted.

Would you give him a big deal or let him walk and fill his spot with an emerging bartu(I know likely to take nicholas job) or draft someone else.

Love his attitude, but he can't stay healthy, which is becoming a pain in the ***. Come contract time, he won't be worth more than 5 per, which he'll think he's worth 8-9.

I love spoon been a fan of his since he was at Mizzou like Willy Mo. And honestly he hasn't lived up to his name or draft status has been solid but nothing special. With that,being said if he wants to price himself like a top 5OLB and wants that huge payday I may consider the franchise tag if not prob be time to say bye to spoon.... A contract for him that I think could work would be similar to what Decoud signed for.

If it were ME, I'd let him walk. He's becoming more and more injury prone as the years go by and to me he is one of the most overrated players on the Falcons, if not the entire NFL. He has an awesome name, and his celebration is great, but it seems like to me the only time he makes big plays is when they are handed to them in his lap. Here lately it seems like anytime he's in position to make an open field tackle, he takes really bad angles. And I can't count how many times he has whiffed on a sack when he's coming on a blitz.

But... if TD is willing to resign Sack Maker, I'm sure he's willing to resign Weatherspoon. He seems to want to keep his draft picks, even if they're injury prone as can be.

IDK man. I'm not real big on him.

I loved the pick at the time but he hasn't really done anything to prove he was even worth a first round grade. Maybe end of first, that's it

I love spoon been a fan of his since he was at Mizzou like Willy Mo. And honestly he hasn't lived up to his name or draft status has been solid but nothing special. With that,being said if he wants to price himself like a top 5OLB and wants that huge payday I may consider the franchise tag if not prob be time to say bye to spoon.... A contract for him that I think could work would be similar to what Decoud signed for.

agreed

If it were ME, I'd let him walk. He's becoming more and more injury prone as the years go by and to me he is one of the most overrated players on the Falcons, if not the entire NFL. He has an awesome name, and his celebration is great, but it seems like to me the only time he makes big plays is when they are handed to them in his lap. Here lately it seems like anytime he's in position to make an open field tackle, he takes really bad angles. And I can't count how many times he has whiffed on a sack when he's coming on a blitz.

But... if TD is willing to resign Sack Maker, I'm sure he's willing to resign Weatherspoon. He seems to want to keep his draft picks, even if they're injury prone as can be.

Honestly, as of right now, I'd let him walk as well. TD better be smart about a new contract and not overpay

He needs to stay relatively healthy for an entire year before a new deal is reached. If he can do that then give him a decent contract if not we let him walk or trade him.

Moore was in a similar boat and he weathered it and is now one of our best players Spoon needs to do what Moore did and elevate his play while staying healthy.

I wasn't keen on ATL drafting him to start off with. I have been underwhelmed to this point. Great athlete with an even better attitude but can't stay healthy. I assumed he was misused by BVG but he hasn't taken his game to a higher level with MN. I'm not sure if he isn't being used properly or he's hit his ceiling. He wants Willis money, no way. More reasonable contract, sure.

I would hate to see him go to NO and kill MR though.

Could just be me thinking this but, could it be him wearing the green dot having to worry about the play calls and such slowing him down? When lofton was here calling the shots Spoon played alot better when he didn't have to focus on everyone just his assignment. It was just read and react. Now it's what this guy doing and that guy and so forth. Could it be we need that leader at MLB again to see spoon play like before? It's not common for a WLB to wear the green dot

I have been disappointed in him really due to constant injuries and lack of the big, game changing plays we all expected. As of now, I would only want to keep him if we got him cheap. But maybe he will come back and really impress us all, and stay healthy the rest of his contract. That could change my opinion immensely. But, as pointed out, TD seems to want to keep his picks.

Could just be me thinking this but, could it be him wearing the green dot having to worry about the play calls and such slowing him down? When lofton was here calling the shots Spoon played alot better when he didn't have to focus on everyone just his assignment. It was just read and react. Now it's what this guy doing and that guy and so forth. Could it be we need that leader at MLB again to see spoon play like before? It's not common for a WLB to wear the green dot

I don't know if it's slowing him down or not. Even when he wasn't in charge, he was still an inconsistent player. Then again you could be on to something

I like Bartu bc he has more upside than Nicholas, but he hasn't arrived yet. He got burned by Clay which put the Phins deep in the red zone last Sunday. Then he missed an open field tackle that allowed them to land on the 1 yard line. We know what we have in Nicholas, so it's a welcome change, but Bartu still has work to do.

I love Spoon, he changes the defense. I'd like to keep him if price is right.