Thanks For The Winning Seasons

fansince78

Smitty has brought winning seasons....blah, blah...blah. Not taking away from that, but is that enough with the team that takes the field Falcon emblems on their helmets this season? Was it enough in the NFCCG last season? This season was a window (and might still be) where this team is at a level to win a Superbowl. This window will be soon be gone and it will be time to rebuild once again. Winning seasons are good and all, but settling for less than you are capable of should not be acceptable for anyone in any field.

The team is not all that on defense...yeah, yeah, yeah. The team has injuries, like the boo boo that the acclaimed great runningback has suffered. You might get on the phone and see what Michael Turner is up to. At least the other teams did not know whether he was going to show up or not. They know Jackson is not.

The team has every excuse they need to be run of the mill. These are excuses and that is all. If you look at the teams who have won the Lombardy trophy over the years they had everything the Falcons have except for one...excuses. They put those aside and played the game to win every Sunday.

I could name several coaches that would have not only taken the 2012 Atlanta Falcons to the Superbowl, they would have brought home the trophy. A loss this week will likely put the Saints up by three games and the division pretty much out of reach considering the schedule. It is time to put up or shut Smitty!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Smitty has brought winning seasons....blah, blah...blah. Not taking away from that, but is that enough with the team that takes the field Falcon emblems on their helmets this season? Was it enough in the NFCCG last season? This season was a window (and might still be) where this team is at a level to win a Superbowl. This window will be soon be gone and it will be time to rebuild once again.

Was with you until I read this^^^

I want all of you that's on this "Super Bowl Window" nonsense to tell me who we're losing after this season that'll close our "window."

Yes I have been on smittys case alot lately(haven suggested he be fired) but yes he wins in the regular season that's what you have to do to get into the playoffs which Smitty and Co have only missed once. His resume is solid. Yes he is conservative plays it safe yet he knows how to coach a successful team. Yes his time may be up soon but it won't be for atleast 2 more seasons(end of this and next one) and the whole SB window closing and rebuilding is Uhm about dramatic. We have many young pieces on O (Ryan,Quizz,Julio,Konz,Holmes) to add to once we need to. Yes we will need to add a RB and build our Oline back up while eventually replacing Roddy and TG.

On D we have many young pieces (Mass,Peters,Bartu,Worrillow,Spoon,tru,Alford,Moore) adding another DE,DT,S and we are quite young that window won't close for a while specially with Matt Ryan playing.

There's not magical thing such as timeframe windows to win things.

You have a 28 year old QB, 24 year old stud WR, a very young defense with some talent. RB's are a dime a dozen. Potential good young TE's....

There's drafts every year and that brings in youth to keep the team fresh. We won't just sit here with everyone and watch them go into their mid 30's

My only problem with Smitty is that he doesn't learn from his mistakes or he don't realize they are mistakes.

Last year the team almost lost the Seattle playoff game because they tried to coast to a win.

They lost the NFCCG game because they tried to coast to a win.

Was anything learned from this not all

The team is 1-2 this season because we are still doing the same thing getting leads on a team and then trying to coast to a win.

Knowing this Franchise if they got rid of Smitty they would bring in someone a lot worse, so I am not on the fire Smitty bandwagon

People age and most people (who are not Peyton Manning) lose a little every year. Rookies get better, but the players we have in key positions are not rookies. TG is gone after this season....no ifs ands or buts about it. Even Roddy White is getting to the point in his career where he will start to decline now. Look at any team that has made playoff runs and you will see that there is a window and that window does close until it is replaced by new talent after a period of rebuilding.

Oh and stop it with "XXXX would have brought us a Superbowl". THere is not one coach that would have guaranteed us a Superbowl win. not one. That's why you take the **** field.

I will go even further than what I said...I can name two former Falcons coaches who would have beat the 49'ers and the Ravens.

People age and most people (who are not Peyton Manning) lose a little every year. Rookies get better, but the players we have in key positions are not rookies. TG is gone after this season....no ifs ands or buts about it. Even Roddy White is getting to the point in his career where he will start to decline now. Look at any team that has made playoff runs and you will see that there is a window and that window does close until it is replaced by new talent after a period of rebuilding.

"Window" is nothing but a proverbial phrase.

It means nothing because getting new talent to replace others on the team is just a part of football.

"Window" is nothing but a proverbial phrase.

It means nothing because getting new talent to replace others on the team is just a part of football.

Like I said...look at any playoff contender throughout the history of football. New talent may replace old talent, but experience is only gained by years of playing.

Like I said...look at any playoff contender throughout the history of football. New talent may replace old talent, but experience is only gained by years of playing.

But when you have a franchise QB you always have a chance and ours is 28. Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Cutler, and Roethlisberger are all a good bit older than Ryan and still get their teams to the postseason more often than not

and all of our young guys are getting the experience as they grow. Only old guys are Roddy(still has 3-4 yrs left in him) gonzo done after this year and Jackson(RB are dime a dozen to find and we have quizz who can be a good complementary back)

OnE we have Osi who,is only 31(2-3yrs left in him) same with babs... Our Lbs and Dbs are all young still. Our "window" if u believe in it will remain open for a good 6-7 yrs.

You never know what happens when adding new players. Rookies or FAs can come in and have a big impact on a team. Other players that are already on the team can have a breakout year.

You just never know, which makes the "The window is closing" point of view pointless.