Saints, Graham Talks Going Nowhere

DirtyBird8711

He may not play next year, but he won't leave NO unless they get some silly trade offer. He won't sign at a price they can afford...which is nothing much. They are hard up against it again next year. They only have superstar money for one guy. The rest eat beans.

He won't sign

They will franchise

He will not fold

It will be ugly

He watched Brees hold the team over a barrel. He will try to do the same. It won't work...and on it goes.

He may not play next year, but he won't leave NO unless they get some silly trade offer. He won't sign at a price they can afford...which is nothing much. They are hard up against it again next year. They only have superstar money for one guy. The rest eat beans.

He won't sign

They will franchise

He will not fold

It will be ugly

He watched Brees hold the team over a barrel. He will try to do the same. It won't work...and on it goes.

I would love it if that happened....

Dude is a monster.

The Saints are already heavily over next year's cap. They will have to do a lot of cutting and restructuring, just to get under. To get and under and have room to fit Graham's franchise tag, would be near impossible. Oh, and don't think, for a moment, that they can sneak him in under the TE franchise. They try that, and they'll have a war on their hands. Graham's agent will argue that he's a WR, and he's got a good argument. Franchising Graham would cost them, probably half their starters to accomplish. Their best case scenario, is to get him on an extremely backloaded contract, with low salary in year 1.

Agree I don't think there is a chance he leaves.

But even if he sniffs FA we need to go HARD at him.

We could just bump the price up for NO in a long term deal, or get the best TE in the game.

Yep if he sniffs anywhere near FA we have 7 mill off the books straight away with Tony gone and I'm pretty sure we could pay him pretty much what he wants but like you say put it out there how much we'll pay and if he stays in NO make sure they have to pay big to keep him.

True,

However, give the lines more time to gel and get a continuous rhythm going and we'll see how it'll comes together....

Not just that, but also the unexpected turnaround in defensive starters, has us disorganized. If we can make it to the bye at 3-2, then I think that we may be OK.