It Is Going To Take Some Offense To Win Sunday

fansince78

I hope Mike Smith will grow a pair this week and go all out on offense. The Falcons have the weapons on offense and taking chances here and there is necessary if this team is going to go back to .500 this week. Taking chances and failing beats the heck out of failing to take chances and losing anyway.

Don't over-estimate the Patriots. This isn't the scoring machine from last year. Through three games their offense has scores 23, 13, and 23 points. Brady is missing his "go to" WR Welker and two TE's from last year.

IMO, first team to score 31 should win.

Also don't underestimate them as well. I always said the best 5 at each position of all time - Jerry Rice at WR, Reggie White at DE, Ronnie Lott at Safety, Walter Payton at RB and Tom Brady at QB. He to me, given his circumstances and still at 3-0 is the absolute best signal caller and as proof of last season, has shown NO signs of slowing down. With that being said, their offense can explode and blow the top of any dome at any point. 31 points will be a minimum needed in order to defeat Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.

Don't over-estimate the Patriots. This isn't the scoring machine from last year. Through three games their offense has scores 23, 13, and 23 points. Brady is missing his "go to" WR Welker and two TE's from last year.

IMO, first team to score 31 should win.

I strongly agree. I think 31 points will win this game, but due to scheme and OL and general second-half malaise I think the Pats are more likely to get the 31 points. I think we'll score about 23 or 24 points, that's about our normal output this season.

That Patriot defense is 2nd best in the league so far this year, and it doesn't look like its going to change.

Welcome to the Falcons message boards. I respect the Patriots team very much but I think the loss of Welker and the two TE's will hurt them at some point. The Pats haven't had the strongest schedule in the NFL so far. I'm thinking the Jets, Bucs and Bills will all have top 10 draft picks in April. (I could be wrong about the Jets.)

Don't feel good about this game at all, had it marked as a loss from before the season. Even before all the injuries,but this sumbeech is a winnable game for the Birds even so.

They don't need a total personality reversal just occasionally take a risk here and there. Throw a long bomb to Julio guy can out leap anybody and it's a PI waiting to happen. Go for a 4th and 1 and roll out Ryan, yes I know he looks like a baby Giraffe running but it's one damm yard, and I know nobody would expect it, **** the other way ain't working. Love Roddy but if they guy isn't 90 percent get some body else in occasionally. Run the frickin no huddle, it wears down a defense and Ryan is pretty good at it, and it's been used sparingly this year.

another nail biter...

Falcons 30

Patriots 28

and we all cringe when Brady gets the ball every possession in 4th quarter..

Welcome to the Falcons message boards. I respect the Patriots team very much but I think the loss of Welker and the two TE's will hurt them at some point. The Pats haven't had the strongest schedule in the NFL so far. I'm thinking the Jets, Bucs and Bills will all have top 10 draft picks in April. (I could be wrong about the Jets.)

Rob Gronkowski is the best tightend in the NFL, he is all they need and Zach Sudfeld has a lot of talent and will learn and grow from Gronkowski. Additionally, you loose Welker and gain someone who is better when healthy and an upgrade over Wes Welker in Danny Amendola, gain back the dangerous dual threat Shane Vereen and still have a talented group of running backs. Not to mention by this point the young receivers will have elevated their play and the offense will be clicking on all cylinders. So, loosing Wes Welker was a blessing in disguise. More talent, versatility, explosion and big play in the offense.

People are making this game out to be harder than it is. We have home field for this and the Patriots are very lucky to be 3-0, Gronk is still going to be out as well. If we come out with our heads straight and take the lead early, and never let up, we are good.

I've got to be honest, I don't feel good about this game at all. Playing not to lose against a team like the Pats is a sure way to lose. The coaching staff is going to have to approach this game all out on offense. I have not seen anything that makes me even hope they are capable of that. This team needs to concentrate on scoring 7 every time it gets the ball. Smitty and his "process" just aren't up to that even though the players are.

I've got to be honest, I don't feel good about this game at all. Playing not to lose against a team like the Pats is a sure way to lose. The coaching staff is going to have to approach this game all out on offense. I have not seen anything that makes me even hope they are capable of that. This team needs to concentrate on scoring 7 every time it gets the ball. Smitty and his "process" just aren't up to that even though the players are.

When we shut out the Giants last year, it was right after we'd been embarrassed the previous week in Carolina.

Wouldn't be surprised if we dominate Sunday. Also wouldn't be surprised if we go right back to our old ways the following week.