Fredi Gonzalez Has Frittered Away Home Field Advantage For Braves Starting Aaa Pitchers And Paul Maholm Down The Stretch

g-dawg

I really don't get it.......

Braves 30 games above .500 at home

Braves 1 game below .500 away

Fredi has started some guy named Garcia, AAA pitcher Hale and the wonderfully suck-arss pitcher Paul Maholm down the stretch...He seems to be indifferent on Braves earning the home field.

Now we are 1/2 game behind Cardinals who are at home against Cubs for three games. Cards still have not clinched their division and they will sweep out the Cubs to win division and avoid the wild-card game.

Due to Fredi taking the "spring training" approach to the last month of the season, where Braves record has been under .500 and now we are likely to face the Dodgers in the 1st round - with the unhittable Clayton Kershaw and always tough Zach Greinke.

stupid......

Fredi+Gonzalez+Miami+Marlins+v+Atlanta+Braves+O9aKx0-6PvHl.jpg

Yea, TATF, but the Braves are a close 2nd to the Falcons for me, so I'll bite.

You're complaining about who Fredi has pitching, but WHO ELSE would you start? Keep in mind the high innings totals for our pitchers. And Garcia and Hale have actually been good, what the 'Hale' are you watching???

Also, you wouldn't be having this conversation if our freakin bats weren't so cold. THAT is why we may not get home field advantage.

I don't know if these guys are playing to win or what. It doesn't take a genius to to figure out we will be facing the Dodgers if we aren't the #1 seed. I want no part of Kershaw in a short series along with Grienke too as you stated.

I don't get it, and has been my fear for months. We haven't seen a 7 game series since 2001? maybe, and I hate the 5 game series due to this reason. If you got 1 dominant guy, then it makes it tough on the other team.

I will be optimistic though. Obviously if we were to beat Kershaw then that is a big confidence booster and a blow to the Dodgers.

I don't know if these guys are playing to win or what. It doesn't take a genius to to figure out we will be facing the Dodgers if we aren't the #1 seed. I want no part of Kershaw in a short series along with Grienke too as you stated.

I don't get it, and has been my fear for months. We haven't seen a 7 game series since 2001? maybe, and I hate the 5 game series due to this reason. If you got 1 dominant guy, then it makes it tough on the other team.

I will be optimistic though. Obviously if we were to beat Kershaw then that is a big confidence booster and a blow to the Dodgers.

It makes no sense to me.......Braves, who already have streaky bats that are cold right now, Braves should want NO PART of Clayton Kershaw.

Alex Wood and Julio Tehran are not getting the ball - they are two of our best pitchers and they are being replaced by Maholm, Garcia and this Hale guy(who did well 1st outing but he's a AAA guy not highly touted).

Clayton Kershaw is death....

You're complaining about who Fredi has pitching, but WHO ELSE would you start? Keep in mind the high innings totals for our pitchers. And Garcia and Hale have actually been good, what the 'Hale' are you watching???

Also, you wouldn't be having this conversation if our freakin bats weren't so cold. THAT is why we may not get home field advantage.

Tehran has been skipped a time or two. Between Medlin/Minor/Tehran/Wood we have four servicable starters who are pretty danged good.

Braves bats are cold but we have to start our best guys - just keep them on strict pitch count......when you throw out garbage starters you get garbage results.

Guest facelessman07

BJ Upton couldn't hit water if he fell off a boat

Seriously though, I'm having a hard time comprehending that dude got almost twice as much guaranteed money as Matt Ryan did. Dude better rise the fvck up. He and Uggla

Seriously though, I'm having a hard time comprehending that dude got almost twice as much guaranteed money as Matt Ryan did. Dude better rise the fvck up. He and Uggla

yeah, that was worse move than Uggla signing a few years earlier. Frank Wren has been perfect except for those two moves but those two were real stinkers.

Jordan Schaffer is the centerfielder we need but he will probably go elsewhere next year when free agent while we are stuck with BJ.

Guest facelessman07

^Itd be nice if we had a bigger budget but I've always loved the fact that we're a farm raised team and not one that simply buys old, washed up talent

He needs to start taking PEDs. Hopefully he will start hitting, or get suspended. Either way, it is a win for the Braves. Uggla stinks too, but at least he draws walks to get on base in between all of those "big league pop ups".

Edited by jeffro2000

Garcia pitched great.

He needs to start taking PEDs. Hopefully he will start hitting, or get suspended. Either way, it is a win for the Braves. Uggla stinks too, but at least he draws walks to get on base in between all of those "big league pop ups".

They both suck and combined made 26 million this year !! Weeeeee !

Tehran has been skipped a time or two. Between Medlin/Minor/Tehran/Wood we have four servicable starters who are pretty danged good.

Braves bats are cold but we have to start our best guys - just keep them on strict pitch count......when you throw out garbage starters you get garbage results.

In the past 11 games we've scored less than 1 run 6 times and were shut out 4 times....how in the world can you expect "better pitching" to help?

Garcia pitched great.

Exactly. And what a huge shock that has been. He actually should make the postseason roster over Maholm

Edited by MisterC