Newtongate

SaintRay

I made a thread about it the other day. The original reporter behind that article works for Forbes magazine and is a diehard Giants fan. He called out Cam, and wrote his piece in a way claiming it is only Cam doing so. Claiming that he didn't know of anyone else that wears them. When a 30 second google search has basically shown hundreds of players wearing black on black clips that are not Nike.

The observer answered it............. the team is the one hands them out to their players. Why Kuechly and others are using them.

Apparently the 9ers also hand them out to their players, since most seem to be sporting the black on black UA clips.

RG3 and Megatron are sporting black on black Oakley clips. I don't know if those are the clips their respective teams hand out or not. I've not actually did further research about other Skins and Lions players. It doesn't matter though.

It just seems petty. Guy needs to really grow up. Cam and the panthers beat his team. Let it go. Instead of being mad at Cam and the Panthers, he needs to focus that attention to being mad at his own team.

Its not petty when several key sponsors pay millions of dollars a year to billionaires for the right to advertise their logos on uniforms and equipment. Under Armour pays nothing.

I heard that as long as it's black on black clips, it doesn't matter.. why the Panthers hand the clips out. Could be why no one has cared about it to bring it up, aside from a Giants homer that was mad at his team getting beat?

It's a clip on a helmet...

easy for you to say.

if I were a company that had paid millions to be the exclusive partner and no competitor was supposed to get airtime I would be pissed.

that said, this is something the NFL needs to get straight with the teams if it is widespread and leave Newton alone

easy for you to say.

if I were a company that had paid millions to be the exclusive partner and no competitor was supposed to get airtime I would be pissed.

that said, this is something the NFL needs to get straight with the teams if it is widespread and leave Newton alone

The problem is with the teams giving them out, not the players using them. The article is basically making it sound as if Cam is going out of his way to be evil and endorse UA, on the field. As I said.. I think they've an agreement that black on black clips, it doesn't matter, as long as the logo is blacked out. Otherwise, we would definitely be hearing more about this stuff before now.

The problem is with the teams giving them out, not the players using them. The article is basically making it sound as if Cam is going out of his way to be evil and endorse UA, on the field. As I said.. I think they've an agreement that black on black clips, it doesn't matter, as long as the logo is blacked out. Otherwise, we would definitely be hearing more about this stuff before now.

that's why I said this is something the NFL needs to get straight with the teams and leave Newton alone

Rules are rules and superSCam has violated them. It will be gone this Sunday!

Read the rest of the thread fool. Over half of the NFL wear these things, including players on the Falcons. It's stupid and hypocritical as heII to single out Cam for it. But heII, I guess it's normal by now.

20130808_gav_sz2_188.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Would you look at that

williammoore.jpg

And that

Sean_Weatherspoon.jpg

Aaaand that

All three of those pictures have Falcon players wearing the exact same Under Armour clip that Cam is being criticized for wearing. Nearly every player who wears a visor wears these things (others like RG3, Megatron, etc. wear Oakley brands... but they still "violate" NFL's Nike policy). It's a complete non-issue, but like clockwork since it's about Cam... by all means let's blow it up.

This article is the result of a butthurt Giants fan with WAAAAY too much time on his hands trying to dig something up on Cam. Negative articles about #1 seem to generate tons of publicity as we've seen time and time again, so what better way to lash out after a 38-0 asswhipping? If he spent that much time noticing something like this, then how the **** didn't he notice 80% of the rest of the league wears these things? Sounds like an agenda to me.

Edited by Ginn & Juice

Read the rest of the thread fool. Over half of the NFL wear these things, including players on the Falcons. It's stupid and hypocritical as heII to single out Cam for it. But heII, I guess it's normal by now.

20130808_gav_sz2_188.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Would you look at that

williammoore.jpg

And that

Sean_Weatherspoon.jpg

Aaaand that

All three of those pictures have Falcon players wearing the exact same Under Armour clip that Cam is being criticized for wearing. Nearly every player who wears a visor wears these things (others like RG3, Megatron, etc. wear Oakley brands... but they still "violate" NFL's Nike policy). It's a complete non-issue, but like clockwork since it's about Cam... by all means let's blow it up.

This article is the result of a butthurt Giants fan with WAAAAY too much time on his hands trying to dig something up on Cam. Negative articles about #1 seem to generate tons of publicity as we've seen time and time again, so what better way to lash out after a 38-0 asswhipping? If he spent that much time noticing something like this, then how the **** didn't he notice 80% of the rest of the league wears these things? Sounds like an agenda to me.

Rules are rules and some of the "Failcans*" have violated them. It will be gone by Sunday!

*I feel so childish using little mock names for either teams or players. I don't know how some of these other guys do it.