This Is Some Cold Shat. Not Even The Jags Want Freeman.

Big Bubba

Per Rotoworld.

The Associated Press reports the Jaguars have "zero interest" in acquiring benched Bucs QB Josh Freeman.

Not surprising. As former Rotoworld employee Chris Wesseling points out, the Jaguars are the one team with the need and cap space to swing a deal for Freeman but why would they want to trade a draft pick and take themselves out of contention for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 draft. It wouldn't make sense. The Jaguars aren't a quarterback, especially a mediocre one like Freeman, away from being good. Freeman will likely finish the year in Tampa Bay.

Guest fibonacci

that is cold. But they could be having hope in their QB. they did go and get him in the second round, and why waiste it and hurt his feelings; because that'll push him to the bottom of feeling like he can do something.

as for freeman.......... he should have uped his game at the start of the season.

EDIT: read that as jets. my bad. LOL

but yeah, basically what dago said. Jags need a lot of help and would just be waisting their future on getting no where this year.

kind of stupid article.

the Jags know that no QB, even Peyton Manning, would be able to save this season. So why give a draft pick away for any QB....much less one in the last year of his contract who will be a FA

Because Freeman was looking like a solid franchise QB until Schiano came in and some speculate it's his fault trying to make Freeman not play to his strengths that has held him back so it would t be out of the realm of possibility. The fact he is in last year mean they get most of a season to try him out and worst case scenerio it doesn't work and they get another QB next year. Even if they give a first, they will probably pick early and can trade back up into first if absolutely needed .

Freeman has the skillset, he has the experience and he's not a chump like Gabbart. If the Jags were willing to make a Freeman Friendly system for Free... then he and them could be something special for years to come.

Then they can actually use their #1 pick for another skill position, not QB.

Bucs will not get a #1 for Freeman. H3ll, they may not even get a 6th for him.

Because Freeman was looking like a solid franchise QB until Schiano came in and some speculate it's his fault trying to make Freeman not play to his strengths that has held him back so it would t be out of the realm of possibility. The fact he is in last year mean they get most of a season to try him out and worst case scenerio it doesn't work and they get another QB next year. Even if they give a first, they will probably pick early and can trade back up into first if absolutely needed .

give a first for Freeman?

please just confess to being a troll. my opinion of humanity is already pretty bad and you aren't helping at all

give a first for Freeman?

please just confess to being a troll. my opinion of humanity is already pretty bad and you aren't helping at all

I was giving a worst case scenerio as for which pick they would trade, this the wording "EVEN IF THEY GIVE A FIRST", the point is you're saying Freeman basically has zero value to Jags and I disagree, the Jags offense they run is very conducive to what Freeman did in his best year, so he could bring value to Jags. The fact you say their season has no hope makes it even more reason to try since they have nothing to lose then. You do realize pox is saying about the same thing so you're also calling him a troll.

Edited by Big A

Why would any team trade for him now, when they can get him for free in a few months?

The bucs have no trade leverage here and arent doing much to make Freeman sound good enough to even consider trading for.

The bucs are a sinking ship right now and Freeman is the first man over board.

Why would any team trade for him now, when they can get him for free in a few months?

The bucs have no trade leverage here and arent doing much to make Freeman sound good enough to even consider trading for.

exactly

giving a draft pick for a glorified tryout would be stupid

Because of they wait a few months, they are stuck to Freeman for the season and risk losing a whole season, whereas a team like Jags that is already looking like they have no chance this season can try him out during a season that's already expected to be a loss and can cut ties with him at end of season if it doesn't work as opposed to offering him a contract next offseason which would probably be more than one year and then if he doesn't work out, they are looking at yet another lost season and probably tied into another year or two with Freeman past that. I'm mean seriously, what do that Jags have to lose, they have Gabbert at QB, it could only get better and worst case scenerio is a losing season for a season expected to be a losing season and probably a mid to late draft pick, although it can be higher.

which QBs will be entering the draft in 2014?

that we can pretty much guarantee of course.

personally I hear a lot about Manziel(I think thats how you spell it) but i don't watch much college football(i should)

But I hear how he is one of the best out there so when would he step up to be drafted?

Honestly cause i really dont know.

which QBs will be entering the draft in 2014?

that we can pretty much guarantee of course.

personally I hear a lot about Manziel(I think thats how you spell it) but i don't watch much college football(i should)

But I hear how he is one of the best out there so when would he step up to be drafted?

Honestly cause i really dont know.

Terry Bridgewater

Tajh Boyd

Brett Hundley

Marcus Mariota

AJ McCarron

and some more

i dont know any of them haha. I wonder which ones are the best and will be drafted first.

The NFL scouts are split on Johnny a Football, half think he'll be another Tebow where college skill won't translate to NFL, others thing he might be an improved version of Russel Wilson. He definitely won't go at top 3 as of today, but opinions may change by draft if he declares which I think he plays one more year at college. I think he may go top 5 of the QBs if he declares maybe top 3, behind Boyd and Bridgewater. Personally I really like how Boyd has played, although he's a little on short side for typical NFL QB.