John Mccain Deserves A Standing Ovation...

Leon Troutsky

He gets it.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) ripped Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) after he gave an anti-Obamacare speech that lasted over 21 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The speech, which was not techinally a filibuster because it did not delay any votes, was labeled an "extended oratory" by McCain, who spoke on the Senate floor Wednesday. McCain said he took issue with some of the content of Cruz's speech, including a Nazi comparison.

"If you go to the 1940s, Nazi Germany," Cruz said. "Look, we saw in Britain, Neville Chamberlain, who told the British people, 'Accept the Nazis. Yes, they'll dominate the continent of Europe but that's not our problem. Let's appease them. Why? Because it can't be done. We can't possibly stand against them.'"

"I resoundingly reject that allegation," McCain said. "That allegation, in my view, does a great disservice. A great disservice to those brave Americans and those who stood up and said, 'what's happening in Europe cannot stand.'"

McCain also recalled the the 2009-2010 debate over Obamacare -- before Cruz was elected to the Senate -- saying "the people spoke" on the issue when they reelected President Barack Obama in 2012. McCain said lawmakers shouldn't "give up our efforts to repair Obamacare" but said it wasn't worth shutting down the government.

"We fought as hard as we could in a fair and honest manner and we lost," McCain said. "One of the reasons was because we were in the minority, and in democracies, almost always the majority governs and passes legislation."

McCain said he "was extremely proud" of the anti-Obamacare effort by lawmakers and said they shouldn't "give up our efforts to repair Obamacare," but said it wasn't worth shutting down the government.

When he's not running against a lefty.

Considering he's basically calling Cruz an attention whore I think its apt. Who the **** spends 21 hours the day before a vote to filibuster it and the turn around to vote in favor of it? Cruz is nothing more than a windbag who gets off by being in the spotlight and imbeciles worship him for it.

Considering he's basically calling Cruz an attention whore I think its apt. Who the **** spends 21 hours the day before a vote to filibuster it and the turn around to vote in favor of it? Cruz is nothing more than a windbag who gets off by being in the spotlight and imbeciles worship him for it.

And then immediately goes on Limbaugh's radio program to complain about the "defeatist attitude" of the people who wouldn't filibuster the bill he eventually voted for.

I knew he was out there, but this is a level of incoherence that is even surprising to me. And I thought that I had lost the ability to be surprised.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/2013/09/cruz-a-vote-for-cloture-is-a-vote-for-obamacare-173213.html

"Any vote for cloture, any vote to allow Harry Reid to add funding to Obamacare with just a 51-vote threshold, a vote for cloture is a vote for Obamacare," the Texas Republican said on "Fox News Sunday."

Every single Republican senator, including Ted Cruz, just voted for Obamacare, according to Cruz.

Map: All the Countries John McCain Has Wanted to Attack

Syria, Iraq, Russia, North Korea, and nine other nations the Arizona senator has been eager to bomb, invade, or destabilize.

John McCain is an old man hopelessly stuck in the past. He represents the generation that got American into alot of trouble in the first case. As bad as Obama is, McCain would have been worse because the US would be involved in 4 wars simultaniously.

"If you go to the 1940s, Nazi Germany," Cruz said. "Look, we saw in Britain, Neville Chamberlain, who told the British people, 'Accept the Nazis. Yes, they'll dominate the continent of Europe but that's not our problem. Let's appease them. Why? Because it can't be done. We can't possibly stand against them.'"

"I resoundingly reject that allegation," McCain said. "That allegation, in my view, does a great disservice. A great disservice to those brave Americans and those who stood up and said, 'what's happening in Europe cannot stand.'"

John-boy is either suffering from dementia or has just graduated from the Leftist History Revisionist University. Congress and the American people supported neutrality at rates much greater than they ever supported ObamaCare