Cam Finally Getting Mad After Mistakes (Interceptions), And Not Shaken Up?

Big Bubba

Per Espn's David Newton.

Rewind: Cam Newton may have had better games statistically, but none in which he had more complete command of his game. He wasn't perfect. The first-half interception that should have been returned for a touchdown, in his words, was "senseless." But instead of going to the sideline and sulking as he has done in the past, he got mad -- at himself. On the next five drives he led the Panthers to a field goal and four touchdowns. After starting 0-for-5 on passes of 15 yards or more, he connected on five straight, three for touchdowns. He also rushed for a touchdown. Left tackle Jordan Gross summed it up best: "When he's hot, we're hot." Newton was hot.

I hope...........he continues down that path. That's what I used to love the most about Delhomme. He would throw an interception and then get p1ssed, next time out he would will the team down the field and get a TD. Early Delhomme. Not later Delhomme that just followed an interception with another interception and another interception.

Per Espn's David Newton.

I hope...........he continues down that path. That's what I used to love the most about Delhomme. He would throw an interception and then get p1ssed, next time out he would will the team down the field and get a TD. Early Delhomme. Not later Delhomme that just followed an interception with another interception and another interception.

I lol'd

LOL

its hilarious how some RC Panthers fans (not the ones so far in this thread) gave crap to any poster who suggested that Cam Newton's attitude was detrimental to the team and now that he gets it they are talking about it.

I am glad he is turning it around...that is too much talent to waste.

LOL

its hilarious how some RC Panthers fans (not the ones so far in this thread) gave crap to any poster who suggested that Cam Newton's attitude was detrimental to the team and now that he gets it they are talking about it.

I am glad he is turning it around...that is too much talent to waste.

Mainly because we thought it BS that a rookie qb (When he first came into the league), had to try to carry his team on his back.

Not even Brees can carry his team on his back when the other aspects of the team are sucking something fierce and Brees is elite.. how the h3ll was Cam supposed to do it? Then the drama of how much he sulked and hates losing.. as if he is the first qb to ever sulk or get mad when his team loses. Panthers have just been a bad team, so you saw the sulking more from Cam than others, maybe, since the Panthers lost a lot more than most teams.

Those were my main things I would argue against..

But he did have a problem with letting his mistakes get in his head during games. I have agreed with that for a while. I also blame that on the burden of believing the entire team is on his shoulders... which for the first two years, it was. This season, he seems to be shedding the belief of everything revolving around whether he plays perfectly or not. I'm glad.

As for the other crap. I hope he does still get mad after losses. I hope all the team gets mad. I'm tired of a losing mentality in the Carolinas... the only way for it to end is if everyone, the coaches, the players, the office guys, get p1ssed after each loss. Get p1ssed enough and some things will change.

Mainly because we thought it BS that a rookie qb (When he first came into the league), had to try to carry his team on his back.

Not even Brees can carry his team on his back when the other aspects of the team are sucking something fierce and Brees is elite.. how the h3ll was Cam supposed to do it? Then the drama of how much he sulked and hates losing.. as if he is the first qb to ever sulk or get mad when his team loses. Panthers have just been a bad team, so you saw the sulking more from Cam than others, maybe, since the Panthers lost a lot more than most teams.

Those were my main things I would argue against..

But he did have a problem with letting his mistakes get in his head during games. I have agreed with that for a while. I also blame that on the burden of believing the entire team is on his shoulders... which for the first two years, it was. This season, he seems to be shedding the belief of everything revolving around whether he plays perfectly or not. I'm glad.

As for the other crap. I hope he does still get mad after losses. I hope all the team gets mad. I'm tired of a losing mentality in the Carolinas... the only way for it to end is if everyone, the coaches, the players, the office guys, get p1ssed after each loss. Get p1ssed enough and some things will change.

in a way, it is the QBs job to carry the team. he is the leader and that starts way back in the PeeWee leagues. Eli also had an issue where he wasn't respected back when Tiki and Shockey were there. The Giants started being a better team when Eli stepped forward

this past Sunday must have been the dictionary definition of 'mixed feelings' for you

I found myself clapping at several inappropriate times. ed2305b7.png

Thank god I watched it alone. My father would be so shamed. (but he's a Jet fan so he should always be shamed lol)

Thank god it's over. laugh.png

Edited by NYG4

Pfft, I'm calling BS. The way we talk about his attitude is entirely contingent upon whether we won or lost the last game. Nothing else.

While I agree and I've always thought his "attitude issues" were completely overblown, he has seemed to have a problem with letting bad plays linger around longer than they should. It's nice to see him get off to an 0/5 INT start like that, put it behind him, then completely go off the rest of the game.

I don't know what it was with him in the past, but it seemed like whenever it rained it poured.

Pfft, I'm calling BS. The way we talk about his attitude is entirely contingent upon whether we won or lost the last game. Nothing else.

I don 't care about his attitude. I'm just glad he was able to make a mistake, with that ill-thrown interception, and then come back and lead the Panthers to 4 more TD drives and 1 FG drive. That is really the first time we've seen that fire, after making a mistake.

As far as his so called sulking in pressers and hating to lose attitude. F**K the media. I hope he stays true to who he is in that regard. I don't want a qb that is okay with losing. Hopefully things get on track soon, so there's less opportunities for him to be classified as a "Sulker that hates losing" in pressers.

I always thought that how a QB reacts on the sideline is totally over-rated. Fans want to see pizzed off players because the fans think this is proof that the guys cares.

Yet one of the more important traits in the huddle is for the QB to be calm and keep his shyt together; but it's not good to be calm on the sideline?

Maturity is about preparation and homework and I hope Cam is more like Ryan in that regard than Vick was when he was here.

It is amazing how many people felt the need to make conclusions about Cam just because he had a pouty face with a towel around his head and he's looking down. Take the towel off and raise your head with the same look on your face and now he's suddenly focused and mature - whatever.

I always thought that how a QB reacts on the sideline is totally over-rated. Fans want to see pizzed off players because the fans think this is proof that the guys cares.

Yet one of the more important traits in the huddle is for the QB to be calm and keep his shyt together; but it's not good to be calm on the sideline?

Maturity is about preparation and homework and I hope Cam is more like Ryan in that regard than Vick was when he was here.

It is amazing how many people felt the need to make conclusions about Cam just because he had a pouty face with a towel around his head and he's looking down. Take the towel off and raise your head with the same look on your face and now he's suddenly focused and mature - whatever.

it isn't that he is pissed. its a matter of showing something other than a slumping defeatist or apathetic posture. I doubt he was ever thinking that or doing it on purpose, but the effect on those around you is very negative subconsciously

it isn't that he is pissed. its a matter of showing something other than a slumping defeatist or apathetic posture. I doubt he was ever thinking that or doing it on purpose, but the effect on those around you is very negative subconsciously

You make a good point. He has to be aware of his body language given he's in a leadership role. I just bet that the media and fans are more affected by his sideline demeanour that his teammates are.

You make a good point. He has to be aware of his body language given he's in a leadership role. I just bet that the media and fans are more affected by his sideline demeanour that his teammates are.

I am sure that is the case.

however, we often say that the difference between winning and losing is an inch here or there so it doesn't have to have much of a negative effect.

the other side of that is that a good leader makes the people around him better. if a QB makes the 10 people on the field around him just a tiny bit better by being a good leader, it has a large effect on the unit as a whole