First Time Back On Tatf Since The Loss

Kaptain Krazy

i was in the Dome for the loss to Green Bay in 2010, i was in the Dome for the loss to San Fran last year. And as weird as it sounds, Sunday was more frustrating for me, because i didn't see a better team (even just on that day) across the field from the Falcons. This loss, more than any other i can recall, was a direct result of the overly-conservative nature of Smitty. 4th and 1 from the 2 yard line, up 10-7 at the end of a half in which the Falcons have dominated TOP and yardage... YOU HAVE TO BE AGGRESSIVE ON THE ROAD IN THAT SITUATION!! It's not hindsight if everyone is pointing out while it's happening. And this board was in near-unison - even if Miami hadn't kicked the FG to make it 13-10, they were still going to get the ball to start the 2nd half with a chance to erase the entire 1st half domination by scoring a TD and taking the lead. That they didn't do that is irrelevant to the decision-making process Smitty had to go through in the 1st half. 17-7 and that ballgame is completely different. 13-7 and they were not even behind by more than one score!

The missed FG by Bryant in the second half is just the inevitable consequence of over-reliance on FGs when your offense is clearly supposed to be the strongest part of the team.

This loss was HUGE, and i'm not one of the doomsayers on this board. Hopefully the team is ready to play their best game of the season, because a loss vs the Pats will make catching New Orleans for the division near impossible (1-3 in the first four isn't going to turn into 12-4, not with this remaining schedule - 11-5 will be the absolute best this team could manage). Given this team's inability to hold onto an early lead, playoff road games are gonna be nightmares.

That game was there for the taking. It stunk that the D couldn't get a stop at the end, but the Offense had a chance to salt that game away multiple times and the play-not-to-lose mentality had the exact opposite effect.

Okay, my rant is over. i will be there Sunday night booing Brady as loud as anyone.

I think we're going to be fine. We are hurting from injuries right now but even with that I still think we pull out a win against the Pats. Once the team gets healthy down the stretch we could easily catch fire.

Actually, the injuries seem to have improved us. The backups generally out-played the meatbags they were replacing.

Actually, the injuries seem to have improved us. The backups generally out-played the meatbags they were replacing.

Maybe we need the same on these MB. Lets get rid of the meatbags who have already quit on the team and taken their ball home wah wah and replace them with some 12 year old girls who have some heart.

That was a good rational rant. I agree that the loss was huge. You cannot lose a game like that on the road when you have the lead the entire game. I like the backup play as well. Many players really stepped up in that game, and the O-line finally showed some guts with their run blocking. All of that makes the loss even harder to bear, but it also shows we can fix or mask some of our weaknesses.

Now let's take down the Pats, and get this ship sailing in the right direction.