I'm Disappointed That After A 1-2 Start With Two Losses To 3-0 Teams On The Road

MSalmon

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I am trying very hard not to go off on many of the people on this board right now who just have a ridiculous reaction to some adversity. They bought into all this media hype about us winning a Superbowl, and already had their minds made up it was their right to win one. Now at the first bump in the road, they go running around in hysteria declaring fire everyone, the sky is falling and WAH WAH WAH.

I don't rather to laugh at em or just puke.

I think I will puke.

Yeah I am trying very hard not to go off on many of the people on this board right now who just have a ridiculous reaction to some adversity. They bought into all this media hype about us winning a Superbowl, and already had their minds made up it was their right to win one. Now at the first bump in the road, they go running around in hysteria declaring fire everyone, the sky is falling and WAH WAH WAH.

I think I will puke.

PREACH!

Fact of the matter is, despite injuries which are a part of the game... you have to have players that can step up. So yeah, we can sit here and make excuses about injuries but you still have to compete week in and out.

I knew the injury bug would catch up to us sooner or later. We've totally ignored the idea of depth for years because our players stayed fairly healthy, now it's an issue and we're acting like games don't count because we had injuries.

Edited by Oh4Real?!

i have given up. i'll be in my seats every home game no matter what. But the NFL isn't like MLB. with only a 1/10 of the games, there simply isn't time for 'trends' to be changed or for a team to 'gel'. The Falcons season is almost 20% over. Yes, the losses @NO and @MIA were close. But sadly, the NFL still counts that as an 'L'. And right now, ATL is two games behind the NFCS leader. With games vs NE, SEA, @SF, @GB still to play. New Orleans doesn't play SF or GB. There just isn't a lot of time to 'right the ship' if it gets off course. And a team that can't hold a lead is not a good bet as a road playoff team. Thinking that this Falcons team is going to rip off 2-3 road playoff wins may turn out to be correct in the end, but it's wildly unrealistic right now.

Honestly, the silver lining is the NGCE stinks. The likelihood of 2 or more of those teams being 10-6 at this point is low. That still leaves the NFCW runner-up (SF at this point) and the NFCN runner-up (either CHI or GB) as the wildcard competition. Which could mean having to beat the direct competition for a wildcard by going on the road in December and winning @GB or @SF. I was really hoping those games would be fights for one of the top 2 seeds, not just to get into the playoffs.

At this point, anything worse than a 7-1 home record and this team will scratching just to get in. GOTTA win this Sunday night. No ifs, ands, or buts.

The fact that the soft, complacent OP considers the idea of us winning a Super Bowl to be "ridiculous media hype" is very telling.

Not what he said at all. He said b/c some folks convinced themselves as a result of the media hype it was our RIGHT to win, the first sign of a bump in the road and they go completely off the rails and how ridiculous that is. Pretty sure that's the point he was making...and it's a pretty sound one.

Don't kid yourself MSalmon - Dolphins are a mediocre team- regardless of record. Saints are not as good as their record either. Falcons should have won both those games.

I won't argue we should have won the Miami game. (New Orleans is debatable) Won't even argue that those teams aren't necessarily great, but my question to you would then be WHO IS good?

I just think it's too early for us to know at this point in the season. I say the same thing every year though. People always overreact to how a team starts before we know if they actually beat a quality opponent, etc. In my mind you can't even really get an idea until around week 8 or 9. I guess it would be boring not to speculate though.

I won't argue we should have won the Miami game. (New Orleans is debatable) Won't even argue that those teams aren't necessarily great, but my question to you would then be WHO IS good?

I just think it's too early for us to know at this point in the season. I say the same thing every year though. People always overreact to how a team starts before we know if they actually beat a quality opponent, etc. In my mind you can't even really get an idea until around week 8 or 9. I guess it would be boring not to speculate though.

Denver and Seattle are good - of that, there is no debate.

I think I will puke.

I’m not as strong as you. I generally stay above the fray, but if I think someone has an agenda, and pretends they don't, I generally have to call that out. A spade is a spade. If someone is blatantly honest and obnoxious about their opinions, I can easily ignore that.

The moles worry me a lot more than the trolls or the passionate over reactors.

I don't know how to give up. I just don't. When this team was losing 10 games a year on a regular basis I was still looking at their 4-9 record and thinking "if we win the next three, and these other 49 things happen, we can still make it." (Realism is a vague concept at 14)

This team is not like those teams. You don't have to hope for a miracle for this team to turn it around. It may be we are off a little this season, or it may be the Saints and Phins are better than we thought. Either way, we are not a lost cause. Our coaches haven't forgotten how to coach. Our QB hasn't lost his passion. Our OC didn't forget how to call plays.

As far as this week goes, we are up against it. The Pats are solid and well coached. Their WRs are getting better each week. They are a true test. That said, if we bring it, we have them covered. I firmly believe that.

Here's hoping we bring it.

Denver and Seattle are good - of that, there is no debate.

I think they're good. Based on what we've seen last year and their start this season. I just don't know that I'm ready to buy into the hype that they're HEAD & SHOULDERS above anyone else. I think we can beat either of those teams.

Denver beat: A (likely) mediocre Ravens team to open the season and two (likely) PRETTY BAD teams in the Giants and the Raiders.

Seattle: Put up 12 to beat Carolina, and won two home games against what is probably the worst team in football in Jacksonville and the 49ers, who I think are still good but overrated (I think the D is overrated and I've been telling everyone I'm not sold on Kaepernick).

I wouldn't be at all shocked to see these teams come back to the pack is all I'm saying.

LAWLZ!! people are not really upset that we are 1-2. folks are upset because a 5 year problem is still a problem and people are getting told week in and week out that they will "address it" "get it corrected" 1 offensive coordinator and 1 defensive coordinator...... same problem

Edited by Sleepy27

Missing our starting LT, starting DE, starting rb, starting WR (one of them) and our starting OLB that everyone has given up.

Really, guys? Have some **** faith! And we weren't blown out in either loss

You know the funny thing is even though both losses were super close but people say " yeah but we lost"

But when we win those super close games those SAME people go " yeah but should have won by more"

Basically 95% of the people here can go *()% themselves.

When we start riding a 10 game win streak there will be no room left for people on the bandwagon.

LAWLZ!! people are not really upset that we are 1-2. folks are upset because a 5 year problem is still a problem and people are getting told week in and week out that they will "address it" "get it corrected" 1 offensive coordinator and 1 defensive coordinator...... same problem

They do address it though.

For a game or two.

I understand the concerns about the pattern of ATL winning close or losing close games. That is tiring and we all want to see the team beat the pudding out of the competition. What I'm amazed about is the number of "fans" that claim to be done with the team at this point in the season. I'm a fan if they win 19 games or lose 16. Not happy if they lose 16 but a fan all the same.

You know the funny thing is even though both losses were super close but people say " yeah but we lost"

But when we win those super close games those SAME people go " yeah but should have won by more"

When we start riding a 10 game win streak there will be no room left for people on the bandwagon.

"Basically 95% of the people here can go *()% themselves". Wow, friend. Is it really that serious? You seem agitated, maybe a break from the boards and a snickers bar would help?

Edited by Sleepy27

lmao @ 10 game winning streak..