Would You Accept This Trade?

Guest King Jigsaw

Guest King Jigsaw

The guy that offered me Kaep for Josh Gordon is also the owner of AP. I countered his trade with this one.

Send: Doug Martin & Josh Gordon

Receive: Adrian Peterson

What do you guys think? If you were the AP owner would you accept this trade?

Doug Martin isn't a huge drop off at RB and Josh Gordon is someone he's already expressed interest in.

Both Martin and Peterson have the same BYE week so it won't screw up either of our teams that way.

Thoughts?

Guest King Jigsaw

I wouldn't just because of AP's upside. Yes I know the hamster can do some things too, I just couldn't pull the trigger.

Yeah I think this is the week to get AP if I can because Jerome comes back and AP is going to be even better than he already has been. On the other hand, Doug Martin's future could really change in the coming weeks with TB making the switch to Mike Glennon. That most likely means more rushes, and quick passes which means Martin could be getting looks out of the backfield. In a PPR league like mine that could be a great thing so if he doesn't take it it's not like I'm screwed. It's just the thought of having AP and McCoy as my RB's is too tempting not to try.

tought one there, which means its a very fair trade.

AP is going to have similar QB changes this week, sounds like Cassell will be getting the start with Ponder banged up.

I am a Martin owner, and I am considering trading him now, before defenses start stacking 8 in the box every play. But for the reasons you said, he may be worth keeping around.

Guest King Jigsaw

tought one there, which means its a very fair trade.

AP is going to have similar QB changes this week, sounds like Cassell will be getting the start with Ponder banged up.

I am a Martin owner, and I am considering trading him now, before defenses start stacking 8 in the box every play. But for the reasons you said, he may be worth keeping around.

Yeah, I mean it's not like I've got Stevan Ridley or anything. This is still Muscle Hamster we're talking about. It's not that I want to give up Martin, it's just that I would rather have AP and you have to give something to get something. AP was the number 1 pick in the draft (duh) and Martin was number 4. So as far as value to their respective teams it's not that far off. I'm just hoping Gordon is enough of a deal sweetener that he accepts.

If I had peterson, I wouldn't accept that trade. Martin has been steady but not spectacular this year, and a debate can be made whether Glennon starting will be better or worse for him. and I don't think Gordon will consistently produce those kind of numbers. It comes down to who else are on the rosters though.