Pats Vs. Falcons - Must Win Game?

SaintRay

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Falcons lose Sunday,they will wind up no better than 9-7.

Yeah because the first 4 games tells everything about a team.........that is why the Cardinals were the best team in the nfl last year............... err wait they were not.

It is an important game but none conference, non division game is never a must win..........unless you need it for a playoff birth and in week 4 that is not happening.

that's why i do not get why people say it's not a must win game...

If you go in with the mindset that you have to win then you should play(at least we did in baseball) like you have an edge and you want it more.

when people say these aren't must wins i dont understand it.

I dont question their faithfulness to the Falcons I just dont understand the mindset of people saying these aren't must win games.

if they lose TATF people will be calling for firings and benching.

if we win like we did against the Giants then everyone is happy

If we win like we did against the Rams then people still want smith fired.

I want a 4 quarter game that the falcons are capable of, we saw it last season against the giants, when playing 4 quarters no one can beat us.

that is why i believe all of these games are must win games.

that's why i do not get why people say it's not a must win game...

If you go in with the mindset that you have to win then you should play(at least we did in baseball) like you have an edge and you want it more.

when people say these aren't must wins i dont understand it.

I dont question their faithfulness to the Falcons I just dont understand the mindset of people saying these aren't must win games.

if they lose TATF people will be calling for firings and benching.

if we win like we did against the Giants then everyone is happy

If we win like we did against the Rams then people still want smith fired.

I want a 4 quarter game that the falcons are capable of, we saw it last season against the giants, when playing 4 quarters no one can beat us.

that is why i believe all of these games are must win games.

People may have different opinions on what a must win game is. Game 4 of a 16 game season is rarely a must win.

Yeah because the first 4 games tells everything about a team.........that is why the Cardinals were the best team in the nfl last year............... err wait they were not.

It is an important game but none conference, non division game is never a must win..........unless you need it for a playoff birth and in week 4 that is not happening.

Errr...you have your opinion and I have mine...errr. Errr...and I stand by what I said...errr.

1-3 is not how a team wants to start. Sure teams come together and can pull out some wins and make a better season of it.

The good thing going for the Falcons is that the NFC has a lot of losses already. Teams like GB and SF have the same record. They also play each other later in the season so ID say those games are MUST WINS.

Id say this is a must win right now is cause the team needs a moral boost, but if they lose, its not the end of the season YET.

This.

It is a must win in terms of contending for the Division but not a must win for a WC spot given how early in the year it is. That's why I was so ticked at losing to Miami - that was a game that I figured we'd win if we wanted to go 11-5. If we fall to 1-3 I won't press the panic button but I will have one finger on it.

1-3 is not how a team wants to start. Sure teams come together and can pull out some wins and make a better season of it.

The good thing going for the Falcons is that the NFC has a lot of losses already. Teams like GB and SF have the same record. They also play each other later in the season so ID say those games are MUST WINS.

Id say this is a must win right now is cause the team needs a moral boost, but if they lose, its not the end of the season YET.

I agree with your take on this too. That's why I almost always cheer for AFC teams vs NFC teams, even starting in week 1, because you just never know if GB losing to Cincy, SF losing to Indy, Philly losing to KC, or Car losing to Buff will be a big factor come December if the Falcons are battling for a WC spot with them.

It's never to early to think of that, but it would mean less if Atl would take care of their crap.

That prediction isn't a knock. Finishing with a 9-7 record after a 1-3 start is pretty good considering you'd have to win at a 67% rate the rest of the way.

Edited by st. diehard

Guest fibonacci

If the falcons lose, then they lose the faith in the fan base. and losing your 12th man, hurts a team.

- players woner where the love is, and it causes problems.

- the noise during game time.

- allows more opposing fans to buy seats

- - which can end up making it feel like an away game almost.

- etc etc.

but the bigger problem with losing is, it will cause a locker room problem.

- these players are speaking out that the Miami game has bothered them. (and it's starter players who are saying it)

- losing a players faith will cause the locker room problems in any team.

- these players are used to winning and they know their fight is taken away in the second half..... so why have heart during that time, if the coach is going to play you off 20 yards.

so it's not a must win game for making it to the playoffs. It is a must win to build the team or to lose the team. And honestly does Arthur blank want to lose his fans/players when he is building a new stadium?

I think so. The Saints are off to a good start and Carolina is right there with us. The Panthers might take that momentum from the Giants blowout and run with it on a hot streak. Making wildcard is tough so there's an enormous amount of pressure on us to win the division, or to start racking up wins at anycase if we want to be in the playoff picture. We've got a tough schedule this year and still five more division gamess which will be hardfought no matter how good Carolina, Tampa Bay, and New Orleans are. Our next four weeks is 3 home games and the bye. Thats the easiest stretch of our schedule and we need to take advantage of it heading into the second half of the season. We already lost a couple of ges that we shouldnt have so now theres more pressure on us so to speak to get a W under our belt against a good team like the Patriots. Its also a home game. We already lost 2 on the road so we gotta keep winning in the GA Dome to stay competetive. We could still theoretically win all our home games and split on the road to go 12-4. The division race is gonna be close this year so really all our games are gonna be "must wins", no one is gonna run away with it like last year. We need to have a big win against the Pats for this team to build some momentum and regain its confidence for the long haul. 1-3 could be more mentally devastating for this team than anything.

Not a must win, but a loss really cuts all margin for error out of the rest of the schedule.

The Pats are not the juggernaut they once were, Falcons haven't lost back to back games in 4 years, Ryan is 34-5 at home, Oline, with 3-4 new parts, has quietly gotten better as the season has gone on- give Ryan just a little more time in the red zone, he'll get you TDs instead of FGs.