Mike Smith Wins Because....

New Hope Eagle

he has great talent to work with. Never in the falcons history have we had such a ensemble cast of great athletes and players as the last 5 plus years.

He is nowher near the caliber of coaches such as Belichik, carroll, the harbaughs,

tomlin, reid, mccarthy and most likely a few others.

My reasons for saying he is not in the same league as those above are:

1. Doesnt understand clock management. How many times has this hurt the team.

2. Doesnt pull underperforming players. Franks last year. decoud, dent this year.

3. Plays too soft with a lead. 2-3 last 5 games with leads in each.

4. Same speech when we lose. At least he lost the "its a process" but excuses the same.

5. Afraid to "Go for it"

6. Unable to make in game adjustments.

7. Make some bold, gutsy calls.

8. Show some "balls, fire, passion" on the sidelines and in pressers.

what I would like to hear him say is. "We have some guys who need to step up and play football. If they dont there is always someone wanting their spot." And then back it up. Send a message to the rest of the team to do your job or watch from the sideline.

Not saying he cant learn to do these things. Just dont know if its in him.

McCarthy is ridiculously overrated. Agreed about Smith though.

A lack of balls is beginning to be the defining characteristic of this regime, and the rest of the NFL knows it. All any coach has to tell their team when they get down is, "Be patient, keep it within 21 points, and they'll start ******* this up all on their own."

There is no intimidation factor when playing the Falcons because they're run by cowards at every position of leadership. Fan enthusiasm took a massive blow in the playoffs, and they've shown nothing in the way of being able to reconcile their almost pathological need at this point to choke away every single lead they get.

he has great talent to work with. Never in the falcons history have we had such a ensemble cast of great athletes and players as the last 5 plus years.

He is nowher near the caliber of coaches such as Belichik, carroll, the harbaughs,

2. Doesnt pull underperforming players. Franks last year. decoud, dent this year.

4. Same speech when we lose. At least he lost the "its a process" but excuses the same.

5. Afraid to "Go for it"

what I would like to hear him say is. "We have some guys who need to step up and play football. If they dont there is always someone wanting their spot." And then back it up. Send a message to the rest of the team to do your job or watch from the sideline.

A few things......

1) I lot of the guys you mentioned as the standard bearers suffer from many of the issues Smith does. Reid is an AWFUL game manager.

2) I completely agree in regards to playing too soft with a lead. I don't think a 10-0 lead is a ticket to a win every time so I'm not terribly concerned about the last 5 games, but I DO care about the shift in performance from the team at halftime. Its not about making adjustments, its about going into "clock killing" mode when you have a very good offense. Just go out there and play. The wins will come.

3) He used to make bold, gutsy calls and he's been turned off of doing it because of the Giants game....sucks.

Are Smith's nuts that tasty? Good god blind trends of hate catch fire here. Smith didn't hold, fumble, miss tackles, or drop passes. This boards ignorance is beyond comical. Stop bending in the wind sissies.

No he didnt do thoss things, but he allowed those that did to remain in the game instead of demanding excellence. and its not the first time these mistakes have been made by said players

5. Afraid to "Go for it"

QUITE F*CKING TRUE!!

McCarthy is ridiculously overrated. Agreed about Smith though.

A lack of balls is beginning to be the defining characteristic of this regime, and the rest of the NFL knows it. All any coach has to tell their team when they get down is, "Be patient, keep it within 21 points, and they'll start ******* this up all on their own."

There is no intimidation factor when playing the Falcons because they're run by cowards at every position of leadership. Fan enthusiasm took a massive blow in the playoffs, and they've shown nothing in the way of being able to reconcile their almost pathological need at this point to choke away every single lead they get.

Smitty got de-balled when he went for it in 4th down from our 30 in OT vs The Saints 2 years ago.

Sorry, I was thinking of a reason why Smitty would win but I don't have anything. Smitty has been out coached by the "sweatshirt" (Belichick) everytime the Falcons have played them since he has taken over as coach. Smitty better pull out a super game plan Sunday cause being 1-4 with the Jets coming in before out off week could be ugly for Smitty.

Sorry, I was thinking of a reason why Smitty would win but I don't have anything. Smitty has been out coached by the "sweatshirt" (Belichick) everytime the Falcons have played them since he has taken over as coach. Smitty better pull out a super game plan Sunday cause being 1-4 with the Jets coming in before out off week could be ugly for Smitty.

hope we. Lose so he gets exposed