No Communion For Nancy Pelosi: Vatican Court Head

silentbob1272

I don't expect many people to grasp the importance of this (no insult intended) but how could non Catholics understand how devastating being denied The Holy Eucharist would be to a devout catholic? I've never really gotten how these liberal politicians reconcile their support of abortion with their faith. You can make the tired argument that they are separating their politics from their faith, but this is such a copout. A devout person's faith guides their life, they don't turn it off and in the case of Roman Catholicism, there are very defined rules to follow and live by. I'm not saying you have to follow these rules or live this faith, but if you want to prance around calling yourself a Catholic as Pelosi, John Kerry, Joe Biden, Andrew Cuomo, Jerry Brown, and a host of others do, you cannot pick and choose which mortal sins to obey and which to ignore. All these people support abortion, all support gay marriage. Both of these directly contradict the teachings of the Church.

For a Catholic to be denied communion would be a life altering wake up call. My bias makes me suspect it will warrant a "meh" from Pelosi. I hope I'm wrong, but she has not listened to the many warnings she has received in the past. The same goes for conservatives out banging the drum for the death penalty. Be a Catholic or don''t, but these politicians claiming the title publically and then working for laws that fly in the face of what you must hold true is nauseating

I think I'm the only Catholic here, so I don't expect much understanding. I'm just giving my .02 on it

.House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has no Catholic right to be granted Communion, said the leading cardinal of the highest court at the Vatican.

Mrs. Pelosi should be denied Communion until she changes her advocacy views on abortion, Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke said, according to the Western Center for Journalism.

PHOTOS: Famous quitters: Those who bailed rather than face scandal, scrutiny or stress

That’s canon law, not opinion, he said. Canon 915 states that Catholics who are stubbornly contrary “in manifest grave sin are not to be admitted to Holy Communion.”

And Cardinal Burke said Mrs. Pelosi fits the definition.

“Certainly this is a case when Canon 915 must be applied,” he said, the Western Center for Journalism reported. “This is a person who obstinately, after repeated admonitions, persists in a grave sin — cooperating with the crime of procured abortion — and still professes to be a devout Catholic.”

The cardinal also said that Mrs. Pelosi is a perfect example of Catholics who separate their faith from day-to-day living.

“This is a prime example of what Blessed John Paul II referred to as the situation of Catholics who have divorced their faith from their public life and therefore are not serving their brothers and sisters in the way that they must — in safeguarding and promoting the life of the innocent and defenseless unborn, in safeguarding and promoting the integrity of marriage and the family,” he said.

The cardinal, an American, is the prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura in Rome, Life News reported.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/24/vatican-court-head-no-communion-nancy-pelosi/#ixzz2fqHC71Rj

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet those catholics that bang little boys get it though.

Why should the church be announcing something like this to the public? Do they do that when regular people are denied?

Sounds like the bunch of ####heads people assume they are.

Naw

Pope willing to excommunicate Catholic Priests accused of pedophilia, turn them over to authorities

http://www.examiner.com/article/pope-willing-to-excommunicate-catholic-priests-accused-of-pedophilia-turn-them-over-to-authorities

You're not going to catch me defending those ********, they're the scum of the Earth. Even more so than your run of the mill pos child rapist, precisely because of their position, vows, and duty.

The reason why a public figure is announced. An example would be my guess. They are trying to show other wayward Catholics that these people are not following the teachings of The Church, and there are consequences for your sins.

No one is perfect, we all sin on a daily basis, but this is the difference between a sin and living in a state of mortal sin. From your post above, I don't think you have any interest in learning anything about this, so I won't bore you with the details, but again, this is just my guess as to why this information was released.

Naw

Pope willing to excommunicate Catholic Priests accused of pedophilia, turn them over to authorities

http://www.examiner....-to-authorities

You're not going to catch me defending those ********, they're the scum of the Earth. Even more so than your run of the mill pos child rapist, precisely because of their position, vows, and duty.

The reason why a public figure is announced. An example would be my guess. They are trying to show other wayward Catholics that these people are not following the teachings of The Church, and there are consequences for your sins.

No one is perfect, we all sin on a daily basis, but this is the difference between a sin and living in a state of mortal sin. From your post above, I don't think you have any interest in learning anything about this, so I won't bore you with the details, but again, this is just my guess as to why this information was released.

"Pope willing to" and pope doing so are two different things. Talk is easy, but its been years with no action.except hiding these guys. For people who claim to believe that Jesus can come back any day, they sure don't seem to be in a rush to seperate the thorns from the wheat. And you don't find that odd?

"Pope willing to" and pope doing so are two different things. Talk is easy, but its been years with no action.except hiding these guys. For people who claim to believe that Jesus can come back any day, they sure don't seem to be in a rush to seperate the thorns from the wheat. And you don't find that odd?

I do find it odd. Again, I'm the last one to ever defend the ******* who raped children, or the ******* who covered it up and\or hid those who did it.

I think a distinction should be made between someone who, for example, respects the law of the land and doesn't enact unconstitutional legislation to make a point, and someone who celebrations abortion rights and speaks to abortion rights groups in positive ways to get money. The former is legitimately divorcing their religious views from their public life, while the latter is actively antagonizing against the Catholic Church's position on the issue and therefore co-mingling their irreligious views with their public life in order to get votes.

In other words, it seems to me a good Catholic ought to respect the Church's position on it, but could very well simply take an agnostic position on abortion issues for the most part. But they would not be able to actively advocate for abortion rights and stay in good standing with the Church.

That's not what I asked. Do they report it when someone is denied as a regular practice?

I've never seen anyone denied in person, but from what I know of it, they do not stand up in front of the congregation, point a finger at the offender and announce him sinful and unworthy.

When the person's time in line arrived during communion, he would not be offered the body and blood of Christ (wafer or wine) and he would have to move on.

I've never seen anyone denied in person, but from what I know of it, they do not stand up in front of the congregation, point a finger at the offender and announce him sinful and unworthy.

When the person's time in line arrived during communion, he would not be offered the body and blood of Christ (wafer or wine) and he would have to move on.

I'd rather have a cookie and a coke anyway.

Wonder why they didn't feel the need to teach other wayward Catholics there are conequences for buggering little boys?

The fallibility of man knows no bounds. They can even corrupt The Church of God. Not making excuses, but no person on this Earth is perfect. These are powerful men, with all the trappings, arrogance, and grabs for more power that go along with that. They failed everyone...most of all God...in those decisions.

The fallibility of man knows no bounds. They can even corrupt The Church of God. Not making excuses, but no person on this Earth is perfect. These are powerful men, with all the trappings, arrogance, and grabs for more power that go along with that. They failed everyone...most of all God...in those decisions.

But its important for them to publicly point out other peoples "fallibility"....gotcha

How are they politicizing this? Self described Catholic(s) who demonstrate an ongoing support for mortal sins are being denied communion. Where is the politicisation?

Do they also excommunicate politicians who oppose laws that ban sodomy? How about those who oppose bans on alternative religious viewpoints?

Why is abortion one of the few issues where the law absolutely must reflect one's religious beliefs? And are those who say that there should be freedom of religion - who are separating their religion from their political beliefs - engaging in a "cop out" as well?

I know this is a fairly big deal in Catholic orthodoxy but it doesn't have much relevance to most people, including most Catholics. That said, to those who will undoubtedly interpret this in a completely different way and then rant about that: No, I don't like Pelosi.

That's probably right. Frankly, I don't think most people understand the ins and outs of communion in the Roman Catholic Church, and that would include a fair number of Catholics (the same could be said of my own communion).

I bet those catholics that bang little boys get it though.

Why should the church be announcing something like this to the public? Do they do that when regular people are denied?

Sounds like the bunch of ####heads people assume they are.

Public schools abuse children by an order of magnitude more than the catholic church. Edited by Flip Flop