Do We Feel Bad If Gonzo Doesn't Get His Ring?

kelvin31063

I don't see us going to the Super Bowl if there are not adjustments made to the way this team is performing. Blame injuries all you won't but the play still looks exactly the same with all of the injuries taking guys out of the lineup. It's not personnel...it's coaching and scheme. With that, Tony G doesn't get his ring. I honestly won't feel bad for him because he doesn't seem to want it anymore. He skips the entire offseason and half of preseason and has been atrocious relative to his last years play. Of course he is a year older than last year but I think it was his decision to skip everything that has led to his diminished play. How can you expect to put forth less effort and get better results Tony G? If he really wanted to come back and get a ring...he should have been with the team. Someone his age shouldn't have the luxury to skip an entire offseason because time will catch up to him faster. He may have skipped in previous years but he also wasn't 37 years old.

Are you kidding me with this topic?! The real subject of this tread is you're very first sentence. Go suck on your thumb and relax. We are 1 -2. We lost two close games, both on the road. Sure we have a lot to clean up but its far from over. We have alot to overcome this season so man up fella, bring answers to the table not excuses. Tony G knows he has to be better. You see him on that first and second drive? He had like five catches. Rally around the troops, don't start pointing fingers, not this soon. But to answer this topic. Yea I will.

nope, I do feel bad that we spent 7M on a TE that couldn't bother to come to TC in order to ensure that he would be ready to play. You would think that this being his absolute last year the dude would be all in and put forth maximum effort towards getting to the SB. Instead, he put forth the least effort of his entire career.

Absolutely not. I want him to have one don't get me wrong. But I don't think he should be here this season to begin with. Missing training camp could have caused some discontent with other players. We can't pinpoint the fact that he looks rusty because of missed training camp but if you are going to do that and be treated special, you **** well better play special.

Are you kidding me with this topic?! The real subject of this tread is you're very first sentence. Go suck on your thumb and relax. We are 1 -2. We lost two close games, both on the road. Sure we have a lot to clean up but its far from over. We have alot to overcome this season so man up fella, bring answers to the table not excuses. Tony G knows he has to be better. You see him on that first and second drive? He had like five catches. Rally around the troops, don't start pointing fingers, not this soon. But to answer this topic. Yea I will.

Never seeks to be one of you on every thread. The first sentence describes the current state of the Atlanta Falcons which doesn't end in Tony G getting his ring. I'm sure Tony G won't get us to the Super Bowl just as no other single player on this team will get us there. It is a collective effort from the team and that's why Tony G came back. He feels the team has what it takes to get to the Super Bowl and that's why he came out of retirement. But in reality, what has he done this season beginning from the offseason to help get us there other than assume he'll be in Pro Bowl form without preparing extensively with the team?

Why would you feel bad? Tony G. has been paid a great deal.

This is all I needed, right here. If he only came back for a ring, then he should've signed for less money. Fact is, dude still got us for 2years @ 14 mil. That's about as much as any other TE in this league is gonna get. We could've spent that money on our OL or the defense, just to name a couple places. Dude didn't come back for just a ring, he got paid along the way.

This is all I needed, right here. If he only came back for a ring, then he should've signed for less money. Fact is, dude still got us for 2years @ 14 mil. That's about as much as any other TE in this league is gonna get. We could've spent that money on our OL or the defense, just to name a couple places. Dude didn't come back for just a ring, he got paid along the way.

yup I was literally saying the same thing to a friend of mine yesterday, how can someone preach so much about coming back to win. A SB yet he wants tons of money and doesn't even want to work hard for it(missed TC)