How Come No One Wants To Answer This Question About Mike Smith?

peoriabird

My question for everyone who,says he prepares the team for this and has them mentally ready every week, do you guys honestly believe no other head coach can come in here and offer the same and more than Mike Smith brings to the table?

Our Owner and GM don't so I really don't see the point in wild hypothetical speculation that is just going to be argued against anyway.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

scoring defense is more important than overall defense, anyway u want to twist it go ahead. We may give up a lot of yards but if they ain't scoring our defense come out the winners

so if Falcons offense posseses the ball an extra 7 minutes a game than the St. Louis Rams offense over the course of a season, you don't think that contributes to scoring defense? scoring defense is not as pure a stat as it would seem on its face.

Bill Walsh career winning % is .609 (no salary cap)

Mike Smith career winning % is .695

Do you think we have the equivalent talent level of the SF 49ers circa 1981?

the only thing Smith is consistent in , is losing in the playoffs . so bring all your shallow excuses , you're winning season BS . oh there's one more thing he's consistent in , blowing leads. how could I forget that one . oh wait there's one more , getting b**** slapped by Sean Payton .

No response to tsarcasm?

Our Owner and GM don't so I really don't see the point in wild hypothetical speculation that is just going to be argued against anyway.

so u know what the gm and owner are thinking? Wow good to know. Yes it's going to be argued that is the point of the question. If u don't think their is then just say no we won't find some one better

so if Falcons offense posseses the ball an extra 7 minutes a game than the St. Louis Rams offense over the course of a season, you don't think that contributes to scoring defense? scoring defense is not as pure a stat as it would seem on its face.

pure stats are overrated and a stupid use for an argument

pure stats are overrated and a stupid use for an argument

if you think the Falcons had a "top 5" defense then scoring defense is a dumb stat as well -

exhibit A: Seattle playoff game.

exhibit B: Niners playoff game.

exhibit C: Packers playoff game

all done with top 5 scoring defenses for those seasons wink.png

Bill Walsh career winning % is .609 (no salary cap)

Mike Smith career winning % is .695

you think we have the equivalent talent level of the SF 49ers circa 1981?

okay now will you please do the playoff records . I mean I know Mike Smith probably real close to Bill Walsh on playoff wins . will you give me that percentage please

I'm not sure what imput is but I do know that he does have input in personnel decisions and in the offense. He has said so himself. So what are you talking about?

I'm not thrilled with the job that he's doing but to say that the head coach plays no part in the games that we've won is ridiculous. You can't blame the bad on him and give him no credit for the good.

sure he can. it fits his agenda.

if you think the Falcons had a "top 5" defense then scoring defense is a dumb stat as well -

exhibit A: Seattle playoff game.

exhibit B: Niners playoff game.

exhibit C: Packers playoff game

all done with top 5 scoring defenses for those seasons wink.png

I said top 5 scoring defense not overall defense I just believe scoring defense is more importsnt than overall defense, if ur offense takes a lead the defense will eventually give up tons of yards to the team in comeback mode so ur defense looks worse stat wise due to a team trying to come back

Was that Mike Smith that didn't have a clue on that pass play that Hartline caught to tie the game because I couldve sworn that was Thomas DeCoud

Well 1st of all, Smith is the reason Decoud is out there but that's off topic...I want to know about Smith the coach not why we lost or won a particular game. What is he good at doing as a coach

Was that Mike Smith that didn't have a clue on that pass play that Hartline caught to tie the game because I couldve sworn that was Thomas DeCoud

If only we could figure out some sort of position to create on this team where that person would be responsible for and have impact on the player's play. Someone who is responsible for who we field and when we do. That would just be genius. How have we not thought of this sort of position.

I said top 5 scoring defense not overall defense I just believe scoring defense is more importsnt than overall defense, if ur offense takes a lead the defense will eventually give up tons of yards to the team in comeback mode so ur defense looks worse stat wise due to a team trying to come back

Also limiting possession contribute to low scoring games or so call ball control by the offense. So the defense doesn't have to perform that well if the offense is protecting them but that's off topic too unless you are saying the Smith is the architect of our defense and that you think that our defense is good.. You can't be saying that right?

Also limiting possession contribute to low scoring games or so call ball control by the offense. So the defense doesn't have to perform that well if the offense is protecting them but that's off topic too unless you are saying the Smith is the architect of our defense and that you think that our defense is good.. You can't be saying that right?

was referring to last year since g-dawg said we never had a top 15 défense n i Said we did in the sense of a top 5 scoring defense which I believe is more important than overall defense stat

simply false. our defense gives up a ton of yards because we are not very good - not because we build big leads.

still reffering to last year. And while we give up lots of yards when it matters most(scoring) we hold it down. JMO tho

i actually think personnel-wise the defense is better this year than last year - we still are not very good but getting better. It will play out this year on the defense - but your kidding yourself if you think we have had a good defense the last 4-5 years - its been poor - despite what scoring stats you cite.

i actually think personnel-wise the defense is better this year than last year - we still are not very good but getting better. It will play out this year on the defense - but your kidding yourself if you think we have had a good defense the last 4-5 years - its been poor - despite what scoring stats you cite.

our defense hasn't been great I already agreed to that just basically stating u can't over look the fact that we didn't give up many points. But we can agree to disagree

I've asked this question many time but yet no apologist is willing to answer my question...What is mike smith good at doing to help this team win??? We've established that he has no imput in personnel matter...He has no imput on offense. If he has imput on defense he should keep his thoughts to himself because they have stunk his entire tenure here. His Clock management stink, his adjustments stink, his motivation of player stink, and most of all his post game press conferences are God awful! And every time he states that he is hidding all of these innovative plays during the preseason for the regular season and you finally get to see these plays I laugh because they are just regular routine route tree plays! So tell me guys, What does Mike Smith do for you????

I would be more worried if Smith were trying to micromanage everything like you are trying to say he should than I am with the situation as it stands. Somebody says Smith doesn't call offensive plays during the game, so you take that & run with it to say Smith has no input on offense. Take everything to the extreme that much?

Smith has faults & makes mistakes. But he also displays leadership. He's led this team to a win basically 70% of their football games. Who has come close to that here? If he was as bad as you portray, how is that even possible?

Smith also has the respect of the locker room still. Want to see how much that matters? Go what Tampa play a game.

That said, even with the injury excuse, if we miss the playoffs this year, Smith is gone. Maybe that's good, maybe we get another Bobby Patrino or Jim Mora. Really want to take the chance on that?

I've asked this question many time but yet no apologist is willing to answer my question...What is mike smith good at doing to help this team win??? We've established that he has no imput in personnel matter...He has no imput on offense. If he has imput on defense he should keep his thoughts to himself because they have stunk his entire tenure here. His Clock management stink, his adjustments stink, his motivation of player stink, and most of all his post game press conferences are God awful! And every time he states that he is hidding all of these innovative plays during the preseason for the regular season and you finally get to see these plays I laugh because they are just regular routine route tree plays! So tell me guys, What does Mike Smith do for you????

Why don't you go ask him?

And while you're at it, confess to him how he makes you get all worked up inside laugh.png

Smith has faults & makes mistakes. But he also displays leadership. He's led this team to a win basically 70% of their football games. Who has come close to that here? If he was as bad as you portray, how is that even possible?

Barry Switzer coach a veteran Cowboy team to the superbowl after Jimmy johnson was fired..Peyton Manning is making John Fox look like an offensive juggernaut. And he made the coach of the Colts after dungy look smart also..Steve Young made George Seifert look like a HOF coach. So there are many example of players making coaches look better than they actually are.

Barry Switzer coach a veteran Cowboy team to the superbowl after Jimmy johnson was fired..Peyton Manning is making John Fox look like an offensive juggernaut. And he made the coach of the Colts after dungy look smart also..Steve Young made George Seifert look like a HOF coach. So there are many example of players making coaches look better than they actually are.

Fox went to the playoffs with Tim Tebow as his QB. /argument