Sunday Night Will Determine Our Season. Agree/ Disagree?

J-Wall

Our next 3 games are at home and the next 2 are prime time games. If we can win the next 3 going into the bye we will be in superb shape 4-2 and during the bye we should be 100% healthy for the first time all season. The Atlanta Falcons season starts Sunday vs Patriots.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our next 3 games are at home and the next 2 are prime time games. If we can win the next 3 going into the bye we will be in superb shape 4-2 and during the bye we should be 100% healthy for the first time all season. The Atlanta Falcons season starts Sunday vs Patriots.

We only have two games remaining until the bye (Pats and Jets). To answer your question we wouldn't be doomed with a loss. I believe we win all of our home games this year and split the road games. 12-4 will be our final record

Edited by atlbaby

If we go 8 and 0 at home we're golden. I do believe we need to win the next two before the bye to mentally be able to overcome our early season let downs. We should be relatively healthy coming out of the bye, assuming we make it through the next two unscathed.

If we go 1-3, statistically were in trouble.As of right now we have a 23.9% chance of making the playoffs. Add another loss into the equation, and were looking at around a 15% chance of being in the playoffs. Not to mention, the overall attitude of the team will suck if we go 1-3.

We rarely lose after coming off a loss, so I wouldn't be surprised if we handle our business against NE. In fact, with points, and at home, the Falcons would be a good bet this weekend.

1/16th of the season. Obviously this is a huge swing game. We need this game and the fans need to get crazy loud. Looking at the lines today its the closest spread of all games this week..the biggest line I saw was us by 1.5 some are -1 atl and vegas has it even this morning.could go either way we have to win in our dome!

Non conference game, so I disagree. If it were a game against a very weak NFC team I would totally agree.

Our season turns on what we do in our own division. We will end up over .500 out of our division. We need to win 4 division games. That will be VERY difficult with only five to go. The Panthers are built to give us fits based purely on matchups. Their stong points fit nicely into our soft spots.

Find a way to split with the Panthers and Saints and sweep the Bucs: That is something we must to.

AGREE!

Patriots game became a "must win" after Falcons blew the Dolphins game last Sunday. If Falcons lose to Patriots and fall to 1-3, then Falcons would need to go 9-3 over last 12 games to have reasonable shot of getting in as a wildcard.

Remaining schedule:

vs NY Jets

vs Bucs

@ Cards

@Panthers

vs Seahawks - LOSS

@ Bucs

vs Saints

@ Bills

@ Packers - LOSS

vs Redskins

@ SanFran - LOSS

vs Panthers

I see at least three sure-fire likely losses on our schedule after being 1-3 and obviously somebody else would likely bite us. Maybe Falcons win one of the three that I marked as a loss but with our inconsistent efforts in 2nd halves, we could lose to any of these teams.

With the Falcons inconsistencies, being 1-3 would likely be a hole we would not dig out of.

We're going 9-7 this year. No Roddy makes so much of a difference in our offense. Roddy is the security blanket for Matt. I'm not going to say that our run game is better without Steven Jackson, but Quizz and Snelling are very good fill-ins for the time being.

if Matt Ryan was as good as we think he is, not having roddy wouldn't be an excuse.