The Most Frustrating Thing About Our Red Zone Woes....

Flip Wilson

We have the personnel to easily be the biggest redzone threat in the league. We have the tallest TE in the league in Levine Toilolo. Julio has to be top 1-3 in the league in leaping ability. Tony Gonzalez is freaking Tony Gonzalez...the best TE to ever play the game and one of the biggest threats ever in the redzone. We also have Jason Snelling who has proved of late that he can score from 10 yards out. He's looked really good on screens too. Other than a line that can control the line of scrimmage, we have a plethora of tools.

Yea, I'm tired of hearing that it's tougher to score in a condensed space. True as that may be there's no reason for us to be settling for as many FGs as we are. I understand Julio is likely to be target #1 and get more attention, but I just question some of the play calls down there. I like Quizz but using him in power running sets instead of Snelling or Jackson in the Saints game? The 3rd down "rollout" play in the NFCCG last year? The toss with Snelling this Sunday when he's not a speed guy? I just don't understand what Koetter is thinking sometimes when we get 15 yards and in.

Our biggest problem and it has been for a while is that when we need to rush for a yard we can't get it.

Why can't we get it? Because our lineman are undersized? Not "Nasty" enough ala Harvey Dahl? Is it the backs? Would a healthy Jackson solve that issue?...or how about a healthy Fullback thats not a UDFA? If Ewing could stay healthy, would that fix it?

Edited by Flip Wilson

Fades to 4' tall HD and never any to 6'4" Julio or 6'8" Toilolo.

Lol, Harry is 6ft. That play was suppose to draw the coverage to Julio and neither of the Miami DBs bit. What I want to know is why did Matt throw it to Harry anyway? Shouldn't Julio have been the 2nd read? He probably could have scored at the least gotten 5 or 6 yards. Edited by Flip Wilson

Toilolo should just stand in the endzone with his arms up. No DB in the league can jump high enough to stop that pass

I'm sure you are joking but Brent Grimes is the shortest DB in the league and we know that he can leap that high.....However, there's no rule that says Toilolo has to stand flat footed. Does anyone know what Toilolo's verticle leap number is? I wonder if it is close to Julio's, which is insane. Edited by Flip Wilson

Offensive line cannot push forward on short yardage situations. Not a single team respects the lines ability to do this. Until those men prove everyone wrong, these other skill position players will have trouble finding single coverage or openings when the back of the end zone is another defender.

.......and we have known that for a number of years. Rather than fix it in the offseason, we used that money to resign Ryan, and more skilled players. Oh, but that's not all. We needed more money to sign Ryan so we let Clabo go making us worse up front. It's really frustrating that we have made O-line the last priority.

O-Line rushing issues aside, Please stop with this stupid single back College toss play. I hate seeing it, 3yd loss waiting to happen.

I hate the 4 and 5 wide sets down there too. Isn't enough space to spread the field, and the Oline doesn't allow enough time to.

Fades, sneaking FBs, TEs out in heavy sets are proven plays down there yet we don't use them. Give Julio an Opportunity. Gonzalez should still be able to box out and make plays. Let your playmakers make plays, and not Harry Douglas unless no one covers him.

Hopefully Gonzo will round into form, Roddy will get healthy, and SJax, and these problems will be fixed.

Lol, Harry is 6ft. That play was suppose to draw the coverage to Julio and neither of the Miami DBs bit. What I want to know is why did Matt throw it to Harry anyway? Shouldn't Julio have been the 2nd read? He probably could have scored at the least gotten 5 or 6 yards.

Julio was indeed standing wide open and would have probably ran over the two defenders that had doubled Harry. Grimes is a ball hawk when it's in the air, but I don't think he wants to take on 235 lb. JJ in the open field with a head of steam.

Julio was indeed standing wide open and would have probably ran over the two defenders that had doubled Harry. Grimes is a ball hawk when it's in the air, but I don't think he wants to take on 235 lb. JJ in the open field with a head of steam.

Yes, it was like Matt only had one read on the play. It could have easily been a TD.

We have the personnel to easily be the biggest redzone threat in the league. We have the tallest TE in the league in Levine Toilolo. Julio has to be top 1-3 in the league in leaping ability. Tony Gonzalez is freaking Tony Gonzalez...the best TE to ever play the game and one of the biggest threats ever in the redzone. We also have Jason Snelling who has proved of late that he can score from 10 yards out. He's looked really good on screens too. Other than a line that can control the line of scrimmage, we have a plethora of tools.

To start the season it was bad play calling. Why they didn't run it with Jackson near the goalline or have Julio run and end zone fade is still beyond me. Now it's injuries hampering all the top play makers and limiting what can be done. Overall, it's incredibly frustrating.