Same Story With Decoud

Here are some examples of fan reaction to Decoud, not this season but from past years. All the same comments we are making now. When is enough - enough?

Anonymous (Rookie) wrote on Mon, 31 Oct 2011 21:26:48 GMT reply

Dude is horrible... almost no coverage skills... misses WAY more tackles than he makes... and even has the nerve to celebrate after making tackles on explosive offensive plays.. to sum it up.. this guy is a blithering idiot.. and the coaches are either covering for him or they suck too...

Gumbo

March 6th, 2012

11:36 am

NOoooooooooooooooooo………TD, when you whiff, you gotta admit it. DeCoud may be the worst safety in the NFL.

BigDaddyLongStroke

March 6th, 2012

12:55 pm

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! “YES I’M YELLING” THIS IS THE MAIN REASON THE FALCONS ARE NOT A SERIOUS CONTENDER FOR A SUPERBOWL. WHILE OTHER TEAMS LET GO OF GARBAGE PLAYERS WE DO OUR BEST TO RETAIN THEM! DECOUD IS THE WORST PLAYER ON DEFENSE AND WE ACTUALLY WANT TO SIGN HIM!?!??!?!?! SERIOUSLY DIMITROFF!?!?!?! YOU SHOULD BE PAYING PEOPLE TO TAKE DECOUD!!!!!!1

AtlsportsFa

March 6th, 2012

1:04 pm

Ok, well that tells me where the mindset of this coaching staff is. DeCoud was hot garbage last year. I guess we will be looking for another coach after this year along with a GM. This deal is a joke.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To give Decoud the benefit of the doubt he probably hasn't played as well as he did last year because he is playing with a rookie impose to playing with a vet like Robinson. Not to say Robinson could cover but he at least had the experinences to disguise the cover and let Decoud roam more. This doesn't take away the fact he's not tackling.

Beating that dead horse I see...... Decoud is horrible and everybody knows it. He dosent tackle and he takes the worst angles imaginable, but hey he's still our starting FS because Smitty doesn't hv the Nads to sit him for poor play. I wish Ishmael and Motto were up to speed on the play book, atleast the can make tackles Face it Dude gives us very little besides those dumb azz dances.

BigDaddyLongStroke

March 6th, 2012

12:55 pm

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! “YES I’M YELLING” THIS IS THE MAIN REASON THE FALCONS ARE NOT A SERIOUS CONTENDER FOR A SUPERBOWL. WHILE OTHER TEAMS LET GO OF GARBAGE PLAYERS WE DO OUR BEST TO RETAIN THEM! DECOUD IS THE WORST PLAYER ON DEFENSE AND WE ACTUALLY WANT TO SIGN HIM!?!??!?!?! SERIOUSLY DIMITROFF!?!?!?! YOU SHOULD BE PAYING PEOPLE TO TAKE DECOUD!!!!!!1

AtlsportsFa

March 6th, 2012

1:04 pm

Ok, well that tells me where the mindset of this coaching staff is. DeCoud was hot garbage last year. I guess we will be looking for another coach after this year along with a GM. This deal is a joke.

Yes!!!! Lol

• 1 month later...

Ok, for those in denial prior to the Seahawks game, its time to open up your eyes - 2013 season is officially done. Right now, while the Falcons coaches/GM still are trying to win games this year - we need to get true evaluations of the middle of our roster as well.

Trufant/Alford/Worrilow/Bartu all are getting extensive playing time so this thread does not really apply to these guys.

I have seen enough from Thomas DeCoud - he's awful - he always has been awful. Last year everything broke just right for him and DeCoud had all those interceptions - if you recall, prior to last year, everyone of us mostly wanted him cut - Thomas DeCoud is an NFL safety that does not like contact - he does not play physical. He is not a great pass defender either - bottom-line, he does nothing well. He needs to be nailed to the bench.

Falcons coaches should be getting Zeke Motta and Kemal Ishmael ready to play - we need to know by week#17 if either of these guys has a chance to be a legitimate starter in the NFL - if not, then add it to the back of the list of positions the Falcons need to address in 2014.

Also, I think Malliciah Goodman needs to be on the field more as well. I think the guy is ideally suited to be a 3-4 DE but he needs to play.

After 7 more games, Matt Ryan won't have his security blanket = Tony Gonzalez. We need to see more of Levine Toilolo and Chase Coffman(who has been M.I.A.)

While coaches still have to TRY and win games, the 2nd half of the season has taken on the dual purpose of an open tryout for positions for 2014 and beyond.

Mike Smith/Thomas Dimitroff would be wise to approach the last 7 games this way - given that both have job security for at least one more year.

107848011_display_image.jpg?1294358441

If Smitty is still here next year then I will expect disappointment. The injuries have exposed the coaching staff for the incapable asshats they are.

I'm not a Smitty fan but he is not going to be fired this year - that is just a reality - he gets this one year on the house - Dimitroff has already said that Mike Smith is not going anywhere.

2014 will be pivotable though - if this team is in this kind of shape next year, and with a new stadium being built and lots of seats and PSLs to be sold, losing won't be tolerated next year by Arthur Blank.

I hear what you are saying but how do you tell your team that wins and losses no longer mean anything? And if you bench a player you better be prepared to cut him next season cause you've already lost him.

are you really worried if Thomas DeCoud is not part of the 2014 Atlanta Falcons? really?

is benching DeCoud an admission that you are giving up on the 2013 season? really?