Smiths Fire?

stldirtybird

Remember a couple of sesons ago coach Smitty was in the hospital with chest pains. Right after that he said he would have to scale back. Some questioned if it would affect his coaching the team. I think it has.

Once you got $$$$$$$ piling up in your bank act. you get complacent. that's exactly what has happened with him.

No fukin fire or hunger to DOMINATE weaker opponents.

oh, have any idea from what year and game that clip is from? my guess is not

He is always fired up. Just a gif to show that this talk of him being some kind of a pushover is bullchit and y'all sound like idiots by making thread after thread about the same thing.

He was on fire in Miami. I can't make people see what their minds won't allow them to see. If you want to blame Smitty then fine , just stop with the no fire nonsense. It's asinine and untrue.

I really don't get this obsession over "Smitty's Fire" we have on this board at all. Do you really believe a coach having some kind of emotional outpouring on the sidelines affects the game at all?

This is one of the most ridiculous myths I have ever witnessed here.

true whether he wants to win or not is just a silly argument if you're willing to take it that far, but he is really somber most of the time no matter what ....and coming from someone who knows the issue of heart health and controlling emotion, i think he noticeably has taken a step back in his "firey attitude" if you will, but im not blaming anything on it,, just stating the obvious

He is always fired up. Just a gif to show that this talk of him being some kind of a pushover is bullchit and y'all sound like idiots by making thread after thread about the same thing.

He was on fire in Miami. I can't make people see what their minds won't allow them to see. If you want to blame Smitty then fine , just stop with the no fire nonsense. It's asinine and untrue.

that sounds like a no

What a coach is wearing matters now? lol

ummm.

Remember a couple of sesons ago coach Smitty was in the hospital with chest pains. Right after that he said he would have to scale back. Some questioned if it would affect his coaching the team. I think it has.

then you show a gif thats obviously from A COUPLE OF SEASONS AGO, since we havent worn all black uni's in years........ i'm somehow missing the point.

its okay, moving on......

ummm.

then you show a gif thats obviously from A COUPLE OF SEASONS AGO, since we havent worn all black uni's in years........ i'm somehow missing the point.

its okay, moving on......

Lmao...We have never worn an all black Uni in Smittys tenure here.

He even stated publicly that he hates them. Called them Arena League. So whatever coach Smith is wearing means nothing as to when it was.

Sheesh you people.

I really don't get this obsession over "Smitty's Fire" we have on this board at all. Do you really believe a coach having some kind of emotional outpouring on the sidelines affects the game at all?

I am a Smitty supporter and I think the emotions he shows are very much

a part of his ability to coach. He is not Tom Landry and should not get caught

acting like him. If Vince Lombardi wasn't fired up and yelling what his record

have been? There is no question Smitty is seething when things go wrong but

what I want to see is his old stupidly aggressive side. That is his trade mark as

far as I am concerned. Going for it on 4th and whatever. Send in the beef and go.

He can lose the Barnie Fife act writing people up feverishly for mistakes. Mistakes

are not the focus, doing something good is the focus. I say all this in love because

I do think Smitty is a heck of a coach.

A few folks in here just wanna see Smitty cursing and screaming in his presser after a loss, calling people out, laying blame, etc., like they are doing in front of their TV's when the Falcons go down. They wanna see Smitty in a furious rage on the sidelines when things go wrong, slappin' players upside the head and spittin' on coordinators. They don't wanna see a composed, seasoned professional who's able to contain his anger and frustration when things aren't going well and not look like a fool. They wanna see a reflection of their own reactions when things don't go exactly right in their personal lives. Everyone should react like that, right?

I'm more worried about the Player's fire on the field than Smitty's demeanor. That said Smitty has to instill a sense of urgency to this team when we have a lead, when we come back from the half.. It's philosophical more than personality. Smitty is fiery enough. I think he just approaches the game going by leaning too much percentages and metrics, rather than passion, and anger. We play cautious and tight, and when we make mistakes they snowball. We have to learn how to recover from those mistakes and get it right on the next down.

mike-smith-meltdown-o.gif

Y'all are all just parroting things you see on here and have no idea what you're talking about. Mike Smith is a VERY firey coach. Get over it. Stop trying to make excuses.

You do realize this moment came right after Matty checked out of an off-tackle run on 3rd and 8 inside the 20 to a pass play, almost costing us a field goal try.

Seriously, because a grown man that makes more than you will sit there and let you yell at them and respond on the field.

You do realize this moment came right after Matty checked out of an off-tackle run on 3rd and 8 inside the 20 to a pass play, almost costing us a field goal try.

What does it matter why hes pissed? It was never about why it was only about him being that way period.

So yeah, that was just irrelevant.