Question About P.i. In College

J-RoC770

15 yards if the play is longer than that, then its spot foul if its less than 15 yards. if its PI in the endzone i thinks ball placed on the 2 yards line i think

Right, so for example ball on 25 after kick return, play action, wideout beats Corner for 40 yards why don't the corner just tackle the wideout before the ball gets there to save 25 more yards and get the 15 yards only instead of giving up a big play?

Edited by J-RoC770

Right, so for example ball on 25 after kick return, play action, wideout beats Corner for 40 yards why don't the corner just tackle the wideout before the ball gets there to save 25 more yards and get the 15 yards only instead of giving up a big play?

They do when they can. If you get beat though on a move to the point where you can't stay in position to cover the receiver, then you aren't in position to interfere either. You see it all the time though in college where a defender will know he is beat and grabs a guy to keep him from pulling away and making the catch.

Yep, happens a lot but the refs will let a lot of it go unless it's real obvious or happening in the area of the catch. Makes a lot more sense than spot of foul like the NFL does it, imo. You see some pretty ticky tacky calls on PI no matter what, but spot of foul is ridiculous. No penalty should be more than 15 yards... that is a huge amount of real estate to just give away.