Black Guys...cmon.

anniesmokely

My parents would not allow me to use any slang referring to blacks. They raised me to treat everybody fairly, so even if they had bigotry in them, they did not try to pass it down, and I try to do the same with my daughters.

I do, however, use stereotypes, but these stereotypes I have are formed from personal experience, and in my experience, what the OP refers to, I have also dealt with. I lived around many blacks through my young adulthood, and for the most part, things were fine, but this standing or walking in the road was a big annoyance to me, and it seemed to be a black thing. Two different residence, same problem. I literally could not back out of my apartment parking space at times because the black persons standing in the way would not move, even though it was obvious I was trying to back out. This rudeness made an impression on me. It planted a stereotype in me that was not put there by my parents or society, but in my own experience with black people.

Now, this is not to say that I or my race is perfect. White people do things to annoy me everyday, and I am sure I annoy others, but I do try, and teach my children the same, to be courteous to every human being I encounter. I explain to them how actions do not only represent ones self, but also their race or gender as well. Whether we want to or not, we represent who we are as person and as a demographic. We would all do better to realize that at any moment we can each affect how ourselves and our demograpic are perceived. We should realize that we each have a choice, at that very moment, to deny or confirm perceptions people have of us with the way we act. We have a choice to build or destroy a stereotype. (I have a longer story that so nicely demonstrates this point)

Whites are not alone in stereotyping, blacks do it as well. That is why I always like to surprise people by bucking the stereotype, and I like it even more when I see others do it.

Edited by AREA51

My parents would not allow me to use any slang referring to blacks. They raised me to treat everybody fairly, so even if they had bigotry in them, they did not try to pass it down, and I try to do the same with my daughters.

I do, however, use stereotypes, but these stereotypes I have are formed from personal experience, and in my experience, what the OP refers to, I have also dealt with. I lived around many blacks through my young adulthood, and for the most part, things were fine, but this standing or walking in the road was a big annoyance to me, and it seemed to be a black thing. Two different residence, same problem. I literally could not back out of my apartment parking space at times because the black persons standing in the way would not move, even though it was obvious I was trying to back out. This rudeness made an impression on me. It planted a stereotype in me that was not put there by my parents or society, but in my own experience with black people.

Now, this is not to say that I or my race is perfect. White people do things to annoy me everyday, and I am sure I annoy others, but I do try, and teach my children the same, to be courteous to every human being I encounter. I explain to them how actions do not only represent ones self, but also their race or gender as well. Whether we want to or not, we represent who we are as person and as a demographic. We would all do better to realize that at any moment we can each affect how ourselves and our demograpic are perceived. We should realize that we each have a choice, at that very moment, to deny or confirm perceptions people have of us with the way we act. We have a choice to build or destroy a stereotype. (I have a longer story that so nicely demonstrates this point)

Whites are not alone in stereotyping, blacks do it as well. That is why I always like to surprise people by bucking the stereotype, and I like it even more when I see others do it.

I'm not sure if we are thinking about the same problem but I have had a few of white guys (one of them, really thuggish looking) do this to me and it burns me up. They cross the street in front of my car and "strut" incredibly slow. One of them did this to me in the middle of the aisle in McDonald's parking lot. Rather than hurrying across in front of me and then walking to his vehicle (which is what I would have done) he chose to walk in the middle of the lane all the way to his vehicle.

For the record, I see white guys walking in the street at night also. However, being that their skin is white, they are much easier to spot. Thats not racist so much as it is common sense and science.

I'm not sure if we are thinking about the same problem but I have had a few of white guys (one of them, really thuggish looking) do this to me and it burns me up. They cross the street in front of my car and "strut" incredibly slow. One of them did this to me in the middle of the aisle in McDonald's parking lot. Rather than hurrying across in front of me and then walking to his vehicle (which is what I would have done) he chose to walk in the middle of the lane all the way to his vehicle.

That happened to me at Walmart. A really "robust" white chick walked right down the middle of the longggggg parking aisle to her car completely oblivious (or did not give a crap) of the two cars waiting behind her and unable to pass her tugboat ***. Annoying as ****.

That happened to me at Walmart. A really "robust" white chick walked right down the middle of the longggggg parking aisle to her car completely oblivious (or did not give a crap) of the two cars waiting behind her and unable to pass her tugboat ***. Annoying as ****.

I wish these guys had been oblivious, I wouldn't have blown my top. As soon as that guy and his girl walking beside him got to that side enough that I could get around them...I hit the gas and got as close to him as I could without actually hitting him.

Edited by Flip Wilson

I wish these guys had been oblivious, I wouldn't have blown my top. As soon as that guy and his girl walking beside them got to that side enough that I could get around them...I hit the gas and got as close to him as I could without actually hitting him.

I do that if a bicyclist is hogging the road, after making sure there's not a cop around, lol.

Why don't you do it with a cop in the area? That way you could tell him what you think about him. You could tell him about your cupcake and sparkler routine.

Why would I do that? Cops are mostly people who got their ### kicked all through school who now hide behind a badge and a gun. Put a cop in street clothes without his badge and gun and I will tell him exactly how the #### is, but I aint stupid.

But...

I got my black shirt on.

I got my black gloves on.

I got my ski mask on.

This ****'s been too long.

I got my twelve gauge sawed off.

I got my headlights turned off. .......

I don't have any hang ups about cops or women. It seems as though you have an axe to grind. Like I said, it looks like you were humiliated once and now are still unable to come to terms with it.

Just call the guy, maybe he has a good explanation.

If I have a hang up so does the rest of the world. NObody likes cops.