Ender's Game

silentbob1272

This is one of the greatest Sci-Fi books ever written. If you have not read it, you should.

Anyway the movie is being released this November. Anyone going to see it? If not, are you just not interested, or caught up in all the protest stuff regarding Orson Scott Card's views on traditional marriage?

What on EARTH does this have to do with this trailer? I've never heard of the book, movie, or Orson Scott Card. Why couldn't you have just posted the trailer instead of attaching a loaded, politically motivated question?

It looks visually stunning and has Harrison Ford. But it's about a teenager who waves his arms around to make space ships fly? No ******* thank you.

What on EARTH does this have to do with this trailer? I've never heard of the book, movie, or Orson Scott Card. Why couldn't you have just posted the trailer instead of attaching a loaded, politically motivated question?

It looks visually stunning and has Harrison Ford. But it's about a teenager who waves his arms around to make space ships fly? No ******* thank you.

Ignorance eclipsed only by arrogance. That is EXACTLY what this story is about. Just as Lonesome Dove is about two old dudes out on a horseback ride to Montana, A Tale of Two Cities was about orphans begging for more porridge, Lord of the Rings.....just some midget with a fancy ring.

The story within does lend some context

As for the protest. Its pretty big news and the reason why it's interesting is because the story itself is about hope. There are absolutely no ill references to homosexuality at all. The author expressed his view and support of traditional marriage based on his LDS faith and is being excoriated for it. Also, I made a point not to support or condemn what anyone's opinion was on boycotting, I was just asking....Card has made some pretty inflammatory remarks over the years.

http://skipendersgame.com/

They did point out that the aliens in the book were called "Buggers" so that could be construed as an homosexual insult......this was an actual point made on the site listed. Again, it is a great book, worth checking out. The movie, who knows, but it will be worth giving a shot just based on the source material, especially when compared to most of the crap available at the movies.

Ignorance eclipsed only by arrogance. That is EXACTLY what this story is about. Just as Lonesome Dove is about two old dudes out on a horseback ride to Montana, A Tale of Two Cities was about orphans begging for more porridge, Lord of the Rings.....just some midget with a fancy ring.

The story within does lend some context

As for the protest. Its pretty big news and the reason why it's interesting is because the story itself is about hope. There are absolutely no ill references to homosexuality at all. The author expressed his view and support of traditional marriage based on his LDS faith and is being excoriated for it. Also, I made a point not to support or condemn what anyone's opinion was on boycotting, I was just asking....Card has made some pretty inflammatory remarks over the years.

http://skipendersgame.com/

They did point out that the aliens in the book were called "Buggers" so that could be construed as an homosexual insult......this was an actual point made on the site listed. Again, it is a great book, worth checking out. The movie, who knows, but it will be worth giving a shot just based on the source material, especially when compared to most of the crap available at the movies.

A Tale of Two Cities and Lord of the Rings are literary classics, and are about much more than a couple of orphans or hobbits with a ring. This book may be considered the same as far as sci-fi goes, but I don't think those are accurate comparisons.