Nolan's 2012 Defense

Big A

You know, the one that was doing a ton of pre snap movement, moving safeties up to the line only to have them play a deep middle, having players roam around the line ..like they didn't even know where to line up,

This year looks very simple, play straight up, blitz everynow and then, but no pre snap craziness like we did against the Broncos last year

What gives? I know Biermann is out, be he wasn't the key to that style of D

This guy made a good point, Ryan has been doing a lot of psycho fronts, multiple safety backs and a lot of really good scheming just like Nolan did last year with tons of backups. Some say it the loss of starters, yet Saints lost about half of their defensive starters and is still doing well. Ryan has had Vaccaro play OLB, CB, FS, SS, DT, and DE so far just 3 games into his career, so it should be something the young Falcon rookies can handle, they have all played pretty well so far.

One guy speculates it was a plan to go vanilla the first 3 weeks to help beat Pats and not give Belechik tape of defense!? Not sure 1-2 was worth it to try to win just one game, although that doesn't make much sense. Thoughts?

1. Vacarro has played everywhere except DT and DE

METAIRIE, La. – So much for starting slowly. New Orleans Saints rookie safety Kenny Vaccaro has played every snap on defense so far this season -- plus 22 more snaps on special teams through the first two games.

And, by his count, he’s lined up at six or seven different positions.

"I think I've played every position except for D-tackle and D-end,” Vaccaro said before thinking better of it. “Well, sometimes I line up there and blitz.”

Vaccaro was quick to add that he “loves” the way he’s being used by creative Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan. So far he has lined up as a deep safety, an in-the-box safety, a nickel back in the slot, a corner on the outside, an inside linebacker and an outside linebacker in various formations and schemes.

Edited by Big A

Him walking up to the LOS to blitz is not the same as putting his hand n the dirt and actually playing the position.

When you blitz from the End position of the DLine, that's playing the snap as DE. What do you think it meant when the article says he didn't do this, but then thought about it and realized he did. Now I'm sure instead of admitting you're wrong, you're going to try to take this thread off on a tangent over semantics, so I'll agree to disagree. Just also note that by his statement, Professional NFL player Vaccaro disagrees with you also.

Edited by Big A

Whe you blitz from the End position of the DLine, that's playing the snap as DE. What do you think that mean when the article says he didn't do this, but then thought about it and realized he did. Now I'm sure instead of admitting you're wrong, you're going to try to take this thread off on a tangent over semantics, so I'll agree to disagree.

No im still right.

They already had a DE on the line. Once again, walking up to the line and blitzing IS NOT considered playing DE or DT.

He said it in jest. Ive read the whole article before.

You dont know **** about football, so leave the x and o's to the people that know.

No im still right.

They already had a DE on the line. Once again, walking up to the line and blitzing IS NOT considered playing DE or DT.

He said it in jest. Ive read the whole article before.

You dont know **** about football, so leave the x and o's to the people that know.

You are acting like it has happened only once and there was a DE already playing that he lined outside of on this one single occasion. Do you psychic powers to read that from "sometimes I blitz". You do realize the "s" on sometimes means it has happened more than the one isolated up know situation you are trying to present.

nolans schemes to the strengths of his players and to the weaknesses of the offense. people get excited about the gimmicky stuff. I 'd prefer to see defense played the normal way. I'm not all that high on only having two lbs on the field, but then again, our two starting linebackers are the two worst linebakers in the league.

You are acting like it has happened only once and there was a DE already playing that he lined outside of on this one single occasion. Do you psychic powers to read that from "sometimes I blitz". You do realize the "s" on sometimes means it has happened more than the one isolated up know situation you are trying to present.

smartfootball.com

GO READ and you'll learn something

Big A what is the purpose of this thread? I want to respond but in your initial post you didnt make a point or say anything just made some statements about the Saints Safety

The guys says the point, I was addressing how someone mentioned that it was because of loss of starters why the defense has been vanilla. I was basically saying I don't think that would be reason because Saints are also without a ton of starters, yet Ryan is being very creative with a defense full of backups and Falcons have pretty solid performing backups. So I was mentioning that to basically say I don't think the loss of starters is or should be the reason.

nolans schemes to the strengths of his players and to the weaknesses of the offense. people get excited about the gimmicky stuff. I 'd prefer to see defense played the normal way. I'm not all that high on only having two lbs on the field, but then again, our two starting linebackers are the two worst linebakers in the league.

Wouldn't you say that "gimmicky stuff" almost helped get you to SB last year?

The guys says the point, I was addressing how someone mentioned that it was because of loss of starters why the defense has been vanilla. I was basically saying I don't think that would be reason because Saints are also without a ton of starters, yet Ryan is being very creative with a defense full of backups and Falcons have pretty solid performing backups. So I was mentioning that to basically say I don't think the loss of starters is or should be the reason.

AH, The scheme has not been vanilla, what has happened is that they are not executing. The goal of an offensive scheme and defensive scheme is to put players in position to make plays. Nolan faced some very cerebral quarter backs last year. To keep them guessing he had to play with the pre snap read. This was also to cover for our weaker defensive backs who could not cover man to man. The system for the past 2 games has done its job simply put players are not making the plays and the other team gets paid also. Ryan=/= Nolan Saints =/= Falcons.

Wouldn't you say that "gimmicky stuff" almost helped get you to SB last year?

You resort to complex gimmicks when you dont have the talent. Its like using pawns or rooks in a complex scheme to get the queen. Well why do that when you can use less and get an equal resort. Nolans joker position was lost, and he cannot use that position without tipping the qb to the look or coverage. Kroy could effectivly do it all so you didnt know but if they goto sub packages now it will create trends.

You resort to complex gimmicks when you dont have the talent. Its like using pawns or rooks in a complex scheme to get the queen. Well why do that when you can use less and get an equal resort. Nolans joker position was lost, and he cannot use that position without tipping the qb to the look or coverage. Kroy could effectivly do it all so you didnt know but if they goto sub packages now it will create trends.

Explaining football to him is like trying to teach a kindergartner trig

Guest fibonacci

it could be a tumor

LOL.

and I laugh at that, and I had a brain tumor that almost killed me. but it's funny what you said, because I can only miagine how you actually said "tumor"in your voie.

and if you want to know how really messed up this troll is. he used to try to make fun of me for having a tumor. and then he put down my mother for breaking her neck in two places. jacked up, right?

LOL.

and I laugh at that, and I had a brain tumor that almost killed me. but it's funny what you said, because I can only miagine how you actually said "tumor"in your voie.

and if you want to know how really messed up this troll is. he used to try to make fun of me for having a tumor. and then he put down my mother for breaking her neck in two places. jacked up, right?

SSK made the kindergarten reference so i made the kindergarten cop reference smile.png

http://www.youtube.c...bed/39LyphyuP5s

no clue how to embed youtube videos

Edited by VoidedSaint

Guest fibonacci

LOL.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3977508-who-are-our-scouts/page__hl__scouts

here is just some of the proof. I do not have time to dig up all the other crap.

oh and I hope you know, that he is going to try and twist this around. or say how I'm an evil chick-fil-a fan. (which is explained in that thread, how I was basically saying she had balls. and no where did I attack her, hit her, or even raise my voice)

i dont care what Big A thinks, he has some kind of issues.

He tries to act intelligent and when put in his place he just disappears for a while.

He cannot have an intelligent conversation about football without pulling up stats(he feels stats are the bread and butter of every sport)

If he can pull up stats to prove who is the best pound for pound fighter in the ufc he should get Anderson "The Spider" Silva but does that mean he can't be beat? stats would say he is unstoppable.

SSK made the kindergarten reference so i made the kindergarten cop reference smile.png

http://www.youtube.c...bed/39LyphyuP5s

no clue how to embed youtube videos

Sometimes youtube links work for me and sometimes it doesnt!!! lol

Sometimes you can copy the URL at the top of the page and then sometimes you have to right click on the video and copy the URL from there